Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mandatory FSD. Another salespoint. Tesla could even sell a ticket for Los Angeles-Las Vegas, or wherever for $20, for those that don't own or subscribe to FSD. It would already be downloaded to the car so would only take a press of a button.

I'd be happy for pay for Jeeves to drive me, if I didnt already have FSD.

You could have different AI profiles, express Rick, sedate Jeeves, silent-BOB, Funny Anne, critical Karen (who knows what people enjoy?) etc. and combine different driving styles with/without commentaries. ;-)

Who is operating the system day to day - I expext Tesla not Boring as it's their cars?
So Boring only get's initial cashflow from building phase and then just a bit maintenance of the tunnel,
but Tesla is the one benefiting ongoing as it's the only provider of the cars and all operation stuff arround?
If so then yeah - this is the tesla network and it will indeed launch with human drivers first. .

THIS is exciting!
I'd be inclined to guess that the Las Vegas Convention Center is operating this system, and that they bought the 62 Tesla's currently active there. Of course The Boring Company will have a maintenance contract with the LVCC (and later the city of Las Vegas for the Vegas loop), but it'd be a weird business desision to let Tesla operate the loop just because they're tesla vehicles... (this would also be a risk for Tesla, there are active drivers required right now, so I'm not sure the LVCC loop is profitable yet)

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
For the first time, a Model 3 SR can be ordered directly on the Tesla site without having to call and make a special order. Might just be due to the Canadian government being unhappy that Tesla created a “fake” car to get the federal rebate though.

1617977672937.png

DUDE! You win my prize giveaway for most imaginative post in a week! I got I need to do but I have to spend some time giving you props and adding to your idea....
Two ways...first directly into your idea. The tour can be so intense once it is fleshed out... you could set your FSD to go "Full tour" and just turn it loose in an area. The screen could give 3-D photos inside the buildings, or photos of construction, or overlay old photos over current ones. If you sync your phone to it you could hold it up in the direction that the building or event happened and it could give a visual(movie or still) over the actually location...even 360. Even sound.
Also, Tesla could do a "tourist" feature for wherever the car goes. if you are coming up to a famous place it can read selected articles to you about it just before you get there, And then play out what happened when you drive through the area.
You could set the preferences for "History" or something as specific as The Movie "Taxi Driver" when in NYC.
Set it to History of the West and ,Driving through Texas you could be going down the Interstate and your Tesla could tell you, "See that ridge off to the right at 1.5 km. That ridge was a landmark on the Chisholm Trail where cattlemen knew to turn towards the morning Sun and in three days they would be in Laredo. In 2 minutes and 20 seconds we will be directly over where this interstate and The Chisholm trail bisect."
I pitched that idea, fleshed out because I’m in the tour industry, to Tesla about eight years ago. It’s a good one....but at the time they weren’t interested.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ and KMCC
Who is operating the system day to day - I expext Tesla not Boring as it's their cars?
So Boring only get's initial cashflow from building phase and then just a bit maintenance of the tunnel,
but Tesla is the one benefiting ongoing as it's the only provider of the cars and all operation stuff arround?
If so then yeah - this is the tesla network and it will indeed launch with human drivers first. .

THIS is exciting!

I don’t think we know, but I would be surprised if the Boring company wasn’t getting the revenue, or at least some kind of revenue share with Tesla for supplying cars. At any rate, the marketing $$ equivalent for Tesla is huge with these tunnels.

Reactions: insaneoctane
The more I watch this manipulation the more I think next week will be a decent step upward in share price.

It's clearly designed to keep us under $700 after P&D, then keep us under $800 for the pre-and-post-earnings run up.

Someone mentioned the idea of MM's being caught off guard by the P&D report, I know I was. This paints a pretty clear picture of a blowout 1Q report with trillions in stimulus in the mail. If these guy were net short, it makes sense to literally buy a little time to rebalance.

I have exactly zero cash and no interest in margin. Might sell some things I'd prefer not to for a few Apr23/May21 $750 calls. That's probably the safer way to play this rather than buying $800c's and potentially being in the same shape I am right now.

I'm more in the camp of "this is normal market making" rather than "manipulation", but how absurd is it to have this much latitude to naked short? And it's completely opaque! Any good books out there shining a light on the world of market making and showing actual cases with actual documentation of stock positions?

I'd be inclined to guess that the Las Vegas Convention Center is operating this system, and that they bought the 62 Tesla's currently active there. Of course The Boring Company will have a maintenance contract with the LVCC (and later the city of Las Vegas for the Vegas loop), but it'd be a weird business desision to let Tesla operate the loop just because they're tesla vehicles... (this would also be a risk for Tesla, there are active drivers required right now, so I'm not sure the LVCC loop is profitable yet)
LVCC currently pays Boring for the service:
The Boring Company gets $6.25M for LVCC Loop & permission to dig more tunnels

Yes, the tunnel is simply dazzling. I'm sure people will want to try it out just to experience it. All those people in a Tesla for the first time in such a wild and different automotive setting will surely sell Teslas. Best sales showroom I've ever seen, for anything, ever.

If I was a CEO of another automaker I'd be weeping right now, I'd want to throw in the towel. I'm amazed at the sparkle and magic of what Musk's companies can accomplish, seems otherworldly. Just when I think I can't possibly be more bullish on Tesla, Musk and company do something like this and I'm once again awestruck.

For my first ride in the tunnel I'd like to play

Sure the very next scene is the tunnel of terror but I don't think Elon Musk is all Willy Wonka, more a mix of Iron Man and Willy Wonka.

I think you are right that it's going to sell a lot of cars.