Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin is no comparison to Sparks regarding employment options. But if Tesla needs 10k workers (as Elon mentioned on a recent tweet) for the current phase of Austin construction I wonder if by the time he has starlink, neuralink, boring co, and a couple more phases of Giga done whether Austin will see the same labour shortages.

If I remember my Uni textbooks correctly, secondary employment effects from factory openings is ~5x the number of direct hires - summing that up could lead to a couple of hundred thousand directly or indirectly employed by Musk industries. In a city of ~2m (Greater Austin) it would still tighten labour supply quite a bit.

It points to a gigantic boom in Austin over the next decade.
I think the 5x will not apply to Tesla as it in-sources more than average. But those new employees will have a ripple affect. Austin will do well. They will be open to move advanced Elon ideas too. Like hyper loop between Texas cities. I wish I could buy futures in TX.

That would be in line with past TSLA action, yes. I remember many people saying that when Tesla becomes a multi billion market cap company and is included in the SP500 etc. it will become predictable and boring to invest in TSLA...
Actually it's both predictable and NOT boring. I think it's a precision vs accuracy thing. "The share price will rise" = accurate,
"TSLA will be higher tomorrow" = maybe who knows (not precise)

• Disagree
Reactions: wipster and Johan
Austin is no comparison to Sparks regarding employment options. But if Tesla needs 10k workers (as Elon mentioned on a recent tweet) for the current phase of Austin construction I wonder if by the time he has starlink, neuralink, boring co, and a couple more phases of Giga done whether Austin will see the same labour shortages.

If I remember my Uni textbooks correctly, secondary employment effects from factory openings is ~5x the number of direct hires - summing that up could lead to a couple of hundred thousand directly or indirectly employed by Musk industries. In a city of ~2m (Greater Austin) it would still tighten labour supply quite a bit.

In addition to Tesla I think Apple, Google and Oracle are building offices there.

It isn't hard to convince a tech worker to move to Austin, if the job doesn't work out, there are other potential employers in town.

Tech companies know it is easy to convince Tech workers to move there.

The offices and factories being built are quite large, land to built those facilities in California might have been expensive.
So it seems Austin got to a critical mass were many tech companies decided it was a good location, and it would be easy to convince tech workers to move there.

For Tesla, being in the middle of the country, close to SpaceX operations in Texas is an added advantage.

Funny for the cat gif, BUT tell me this doesn’t all sound EXACTLY like when we finally started to recovery from *the* tweet back in the day and everyone was happy they’d gotten back a fraction of their investment portfolio. And we said, ‘Meh, wake us up when they give it ALL back.’ They still owe us - in this case $140 and then all the rest it should have grown while they were peeing all over it.

I’ll put on my smiley face when it breaches $1200 with authority.

Well my 'smiley face' never left but I'll feel like celebrating when it blasts through $900 with authority! You can wait if you want!

Mo' celebration is betta'

Reactions: 2daMoon
Cheaper housing now perhaps... once some of the Californians start moving down to TeraTexas, housing prices are going to explode. Might be a good investment now, but you better hurry.
Houses have already started exploding, my house is up over 20%, in the last month, and theirs a massive shortfall of houses on the market here already. Soon Austin might not be cheap for Californians

And with that being said, 4 trading days is a long time for MM to walk it down to where it needs to be. So the conclusion is to buy puts. Always always buy puts. MM is your friend.

That's some of the strangest advice I've ever seen on this forum (to buy puts on a regular basis as a matter of course).

I hope that's not a key element of your plan to build wealth.

Electrek - 12 minutes ago: Tesla Semi-Truck - Fremont to Nevada

Excerpt:

Tesla is preparing to support its upcoming new Tesla Semi electric trucks on the route between Fremont Factory and Gigafactory Nevada.

The automaker is going to be its own best customer when it comes to the electric truck.
Saw you on the ARK call today, Curt :)

In addition to Tesla I think Apple, Google and Oracle are building offices there.

It isn't hard to convince a tech worker to move to Austin, if the job doesn't work out, there are other potential employers in town.
It’s pretty funny. I remember around 25 years ago, Austin was a “closed shop”. If you were a programmer, you needed to “know someone” to get a job.

That's some of the strangest advice I've ever seen on this forum (to buy puts on a regular basis as a matter of course).

I hope that's not a key element of your plan to build wealth.
It's a key element to stop manipulation Fridays. We need more put buyers to neutralize the call walls. Also we need less cry babies on Fridays as well how MM is making their call options worthless.

Also it wasn't advice. It was tongue and cheek.

Austin will never see the same labor shortages as Giga Nevada. With Houston, San Antonio and Dallas so close, there is a limitless supply of people nearby. Plus, as everyone loves pointing out, it's one of the favorite spots for non-Texans to relocate.

Austin definitely isn't my cup of tea. Glad to watch it become the center of Elon's universe from a couple hours away. LOL, the closest I usually like to get is San Marcos.

It's a key element to stop manipulation Fridays. We need more put buyers to neutralize the call walls. Also we need less cry babies on Fridays as well how MM is making their call options worthless.

Also it wasn't advice. It was tongue and cheek.
Well, if it works as you are all saying we should all buy a put each at $900. All 100,000 of us. That should make us more than it costs.