Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm coming more from the side of holding The Guardian accountable. If enough of us raise a stink they'll correct the article. Either way, the NTSB report will come out soon and help them with their fact finding.
It won't matter. They want clicks. They don't care what caused the click. The more clicks the more they charge for ads and then they have more to pay attorneys.

Last edited:
10-yr treasury yields have spiked upward again today, thus dragging down the current valuations of exponential growth companies like Tesla. Nevertheless, so far today Tesla's 50-day SMA (simple moving average) has continued to prove supportive, just as it has since April 13th.

The 10-yr treasury yield has pulled back to down a bit on the day, following Fed Chairman Powell's Q&A comment regarding inflation, his having minimal concern, yet explaining how the FOMC would handle inflation if it got out of line. The Nasdaq and TSLA popped up a little after that.

Apologies if this has been posted already. I have been reading but so many posts...

This I believe is one of the Chinese Government dailies. It sounds like pure FUD, with no hard facts outside of 'analysts say', but perhaps it is indicative of the CCP becoming prickly with Tesla? Would this explain the action to a degree the past couple of days? Personally, I do not buy that Chinese buyers would be turned off by this. OTOH, FUD is FUD. And China is important...

Several times today the stock has popped up over 700 suddenly only to be slowly walked back down under 700 immediately afterwards. It's a strange pattern, makes me wonder just how hard the MM's are working to keep the SP suppressed?
They don't have to work hard at all since volume is gone. It's just not interesting to trade TSLA anymore. I guess this is what being a boomer stock is really like.

Apologies if this has been posted already. I have been reading but so many posts...

This I believe is one of the Chinese Government dailies. It sounds like pure FUD, with no hard facts outside of 'analysts say', but perhaps it is indicative of the CCP becoming prickly with Tesla? Would this explain the action to a degree the past couple of days? Personally, I do not buy that Chinese buyers would be turned off by this. OTOH, FUD is FUD. And China is important...
Meanwhile, in Shanghai:

E0CDrg3VgAUxIa7

Yes, it's a full-court press. Regardless of the Press. :p

h/t Wu Wa for the twitter image

Cheers!

Rob Maurer talked about this last week as part of discussing the incident at the auto show: you might find his perspective helpful.

Wow, everyone saw something different on this, how funny!
I saw Mercedes Engineers, one of them owning a Tesla, all taking the Annual Factory Tour to see how they can improve their own margins.

Mercedes reps: So nice to pick each others' brains for our annual Engineering Summit, yes?
Tesla reps: Sure. Have a nice factory tour, let us know if you have any questions.
*hour later*
Mercedes: Great meeting! We learned so much! Is there anything you would like to ask us or we can help you with?
Tesla: No, not really. Thanks for coming.
Mercedes: Oh, you know what we drove in to come? Our new EQS!!! We parked it over there. You want to see it, yes?
Tesla: Cool. No, I'm busy right now because there are other tours. But thanks again for coming.
Mercedes: It has THE SCREEN. Everybody is talking about it. We know you want to see it, yes?
Tesla: Nope, great work though. See you next time.

I don't think when Elon said the sale was to "prove the liquidity" of BTC, it meant the same thing some of us are thinking. Call me a fanboi, hell I call myself a fanboi, but the man thinks on another plane of existence. He probably was just trying to dumb it down for us. "Think of an easy word that is close enough to describe it. Liquidity it is."
The guy tests rockets. And if enough of them don't blow up, he pushes harder. He wants to know if he can ride BTC like a Falcon 9.

There is nothing in that article that points to the Chinese government becoming "prickly" with Tesla. Yes, they have a lot of quotes from analysts with negative perspectives but, at most, if the government is behind this article, it's just mild pressure to insure Tesla remains compliant with their desires. And we know China wants to go electric as fast as possible. Tesla is key to that, they just want to make sure Tesla doesn't go against their goals. And it's probably even more likely that Tesla's competition, not the government, is behind this article. Money still talks.

While I know some would say it would go against first principles, I would bet that's a model Tesla bought to take apart and assess.
I think the discussion is because you can't buy it yet. So pretty much must be sanctioned by Mercedez. If I had to guess testing for supercharging. Weird though that it seems parked in the regular parking lot.

Amid confusion, NTSB to release report on Texas Tesla crash as soon as possible​

"As soon as possible"? Yes, that's always the case. The NTSB releases their findings when the investigation is completed. I have good news and bad news:

Good news: While this FUD has been ridiculous and transparent to us, it has impacted TSLA price. When NTSB announces AP was not engaged and there was a driver in the driver seat at the time of the accident, the stock will rally.

Bad News: The NTSB might not release results for a number of weeks (even though they probably already know what happened, for the most part)..

Reactions: truwa
They don't have to work hard at all since volume is gone. It's just not interesting to trade TSLA anymore. I guess this is what being a boomer stock is really like.

Exactly. The volume today was pitiful. PITIFUL I say! A month ago typical daily volume was 50-60 million shares... This is really frustrating. Hoping it's a kind of calm before the storm thing?