Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be worse - my watchlist FWIW
1620316058659.png

Same in Eastern Canada. 3/Y both showing available in 6-8 weeks.

and just out of curiosity:

Plaid S June-July
LR S August-September

MX October-November
I put a long range S on order 6 weeks ago. While it is true that sales people at Tesla stores know next to nothing, it was confirmed to me just now that delivery of LR S is 10-14 weeks from the date of order. And, that the regular Plaid is a longer wait than the LR S.

Barron's 9 minutes ago: Tesla Market Share in Europe

Excerpt:

Tesla's share of the key European market has been in swift decline since 2019, when it was the region's most popular electric-vehicle brand. But that may be about to change dramatically, according to a leading automotive analyst.

Matthias Schmidt, the publisher of the European Electric Car Report, predicts that Tesla's market share in Europe may surge back toward 20% this year from 13% in 2020, putting it neck-and-neck with Volkswagen Group, the region's EV leader. Europe was the world's largest market for electric vehicles in 2020, though it lost that crown to China in the early months of 2021.

Tesla sold more vehicles in 18 key European markets than any other car maker in March -- 23,841 new registrations -- according to a report from Schmidt based on public data. This was in part helped by a delivery schedule that is heavily weighted to the end of each quarter.
Does GoJo know this? Let's not tell him and watch him make a further fool of himself.

Thank you for this. She is of the opinion that the HOA is on board with the rEVolution and will do whatever they can to accommodate. There are a handful of residents and even board members that are interested in EV's and are pushing to install the infrastructure for future needs.
The 3rd generation Tesla Wall Connector has wi-fi. What would be cool is if Tesla could make a software solution for condos and apartments that identified the car that connected and transmitted the amount of electricity doled out to each member so all the charging stations could be on the same electrical service. The infrastructure costs would be greatly reduced and could be paid for by the members that actually used it. I know there are third party solutions like this that exist but they require a phone app for each user and it's not a seamless experience. EV's without a Tesla charge port could use a Tesla adapter with an identifier chip in it that would be registered in their name.

Etsy posted good q2 guide but is hinting at peak growth reached. Growth forward is not going to look as good compared to yoy. Netflix past peak growth.

So it's the yoy growth compared to pandemic that is causing the sell off. I didn't think people expected everyone to keep buying masks at etsy post pandemic so it's kind a no brainer their growth will slow coming out of covid.
High valuations and lower growth ahead is hitting Etsy and the fangs,
however, Tesla has sustained high growth ahead , not lower Post pandemic growth.

would this then imply the mkt expects future growth to wane,
or is the market just lumping Tesla with the rest of post pandemic tech
valuations and trending down in sympathy.

given that this qtr is apparently sold out, immediate growth Is less
of an issue and one may conclude that the mkt is probably miss pricing Tesla

So even if I believe that, the mkt can still remain irrational longer
than I can stay solvent.

At this point I need the price action to
confirm the positive fundamentals Before I add more to my position.

The 3rd generation Tesla Wall Connector has wi-fi. What would be cool is if Tesla could make a software solution for condos and apartments that identified the car that connected and transmitted the amount of electricity doled out to each member so all the charging stations could be on the same electrical service. The infrastructure costs would be greatly reduced and could be paid for by the members that actually used it. I know there are third party solutions like this that exist but they require a phone app for each user and it's not a seamless experience. EV's without a Tesla charge port could use a Tesla adapter with an identifier chip in it that would be registered in their name.
I looked into that and it would be ideal but there's no "community" hotspot to connect. For now, I'm looking at a meter reader that would allow her to settle up with the HOA but it's based on trust. Does the adapter with the id chip exist? That would require non-Tesla's though to buy an adapter.

I have 8 portals at my office of which the last 6 were installed using the dieselgate monies through NYSERDA grants which require their own internet connection which is about $20/month per portal for 4 years. After that, I will most likely not re-subscribe as we don't need to monitor but the functionality of EVconnect's monitoring software would allow just about any level of security and monitoring you want.

This post is more about CNBC's stock coverage than Gordo. Isn't it CNBC's policy to list potential conflicts of interest for every analyst they feature who is covering a specific stock? I don't watch CNBC (except for occasional clips that get posted) but I seem to recall they typically list whether the analyst, the analysts family or the analysts firm has any conflicts of interest. However, I don't recall Gordo ever disclosing his father was a GM executive (who almost certainly has a lot of GM stock/options).

This reflects very poorly on CNBC, I'm sure their viewers collectively lost many millions, probably billions, of dollars shorting TSLA largely based on or fueled by Gordo's confidence that Tesla had demand and profitability problems (or was possibly even a scam ready to collapse as soon as that was uncovered). Yet his own father works at GM, certainly holds stock/options in GM, probably Tesla's biggest U.S. "competitor".

The headlines should be:

CNBC's Tesla guest "analyst" actually undisclosed son of high-ranking GM executive

I'm thinking Gordo's TV career might have just come to a screeching halt. Who they gonna get now? Gordo can't even be honest or accurate on Twitter when disclosing his conflict of interest. He said his father "was" a GM executive but, according to his father's Linkedin profile, he "is" a GM executive.

Last edited:
would wifi on the plug be necessary? The car knows who it is, and where its plugged in and is internet connected. Im sure there is data on the plugs the uniquely identifies the wall connector when plugged into a car. I think all existing destination charges could easily be turned into pay per charge with an update and a place for the the owner fo the destination charger to plug in a serial number on their website.

Reactions: printf42
Tell me more about Apple car program.

ps : Apple phone/ipad essentially follows the Sony PS/ MS XBOX model of announcing the date when products are ready to be sent to wholesalers/retailers.
:cool:o_O:eek: I should have pointed out that no air, water or land vehicle maker has ever been correct in prognostications for me. Only Apple has been on time with phones, desktops and pads for me. I have zero idea whether the infamous Apple car will exist or not, but I am sure that if it does I will not be tempted to want one.

This post is more about CNBC's stock coverage than Gordo. Isn't it CNBC's policy to list potential conflicts of interest for every analyst they feature who is covering a specific stock? I don't watch CNBC (except for occasional clips that get posted) but I seem to recall they typically list whether the analyst, the analysts family or the analysts firm has any conflicts of interest. However, I don't recall Gordo ever disclosing his father was a GM executive (who undoubtable has a lot of GM stock/options).

This reflects very poorly on CNBC, I'm sure their viewers collectively lost many millions, probably billions, of dollars shorting TSLA largely based on or fueled by Gordo's confidence that Tesla had demand and profitability problems (or was possibly even a scam ready to collapse as soon as that was uncovered). Yet his own father works at GM, certainly holds stock/options in GM, probably Tesla's biggest U.S. "competitor".

The headlines should be:

CNBC's Tesla guest "analyst" actually undisclosed son of high-ranking GM executive

I'm thinking Gordo's TV career might have just come to a screeching halt. Who they gonna get now?
I guess now we know who was paying him. "Hey Gerald, that kid of yours, he hates Tesla and just lost his job right? Ok look. I have this slush fund for "marketing" and perhaps we can invest into his "fund" so that he can continue his excellent research, especially around Tesla."

*any impression or similarity to real people, living or dead is purely coincidental*

With today's Electrek article providing another data point that Tesla is being inundated by orders, I pulled the trigger on a Model Y order to make sure it's here in plenty of time to surprise my wife on her birthday in several months. She's never even contemplated owning a Tesla or ridden in one, so it will be a complete shock. I suppose her bday will also be the opportune time to let her know that our tesla investment will make early retirement possible but that might push her over the edge. thanks for creating good problems Elon, and thanks for all the wisdom and insights shared in this forum that've opened many new doors for us.
1620319958329.png

With today's Electrek article providing another data point that Tesla is being inundated by orders, I pulled the trigger on a Model Y order to make sure it's here in plenty of time to surprise my wife on her birthday in several months. She's never even contemplated owning a Tesla or ridden in one, so it will be a complete shock. I suppose her bday will also be the opportune time to let her know that our tesla investment will make early retirement possible but that might push her over the edge. thanks for creating good problems Elon, and thanks for all the wisdom and insights shared in this forum that've opened many new doors for us.
View attachment 659972
Awesome! And I finally got my wife to buy 20 shares today. I wanted it to be more, but she hates risking her money....

Last edited:
Benzinga - half hour ago: Unusual Options Alerts - TSLA

Excerpt:

For TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we notice a put option sweep that happens to be bullish, expiring in 1 day(s) on May 7, 2021. This event was a transfer of 203 contract(s) at a $650.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 32 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $89.3K, with a price of $440.0 per contract. There were 10604 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 31760 contract(s) were bought and sold.