Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FCC20DB1-31CD-49F6-A5C2-B525CB660E44.jpeg

a few down weeks due to fake news and a rather benign lack of positive narrative, followed by a bunch of infighting on TMC, usually marks a good time for me to convert a handful of % of cash into tesla
there is a correlation between TMC infighting and TSLA SP bottom over the years ;)
I feel an inflection point coming soon

Last edited:
I'm surprised the headline didn't read "A Tesla's Autopilot in a neighbouring county has not be ruled out in the case of the exploding gas can filled Hummer"

This can only mean the FUD is decreasing.

*** BREAKING *** THE SHORTSVILLE TIMES *** URGENT ***​

"Elon Musk's CARBON TAX bogey man claims its first innocent victim in Florida. Entire family of very good, blameless people shocked and traumatized. Antique heirloom destroyed. Who else will BURN?"
  • More scarey details after this Short commercial break from our sponsor **

** Brought to you with pride by the Int'l Brotherhood Coal Rollers, Local #42069
Sponsored by.jpg

"Vote early, vote often, vote with your right foot!"
(bumperstickers available upon request. Imagine we no need gas; It's easy if you try)

Last edited:
So let’s summarize this year. Q1 blowout figures. Tesla had to develop firmware for new hardware, likely had to pull staff from other projects to accomplish this. Still likely gonna be chaotic with suppliers for the rest of the year. Competition is struggling much more. FSD delays after delays and not many fun OTA updates this year. FSD release dates are being pushed forward over and over so they likely will keep being pushed forward for a while. 1-2months away for half a year.

Meanwhile in the background Tesla are building factories, increasing vertical integration, improving efficiencies etc. They are gathering tons of data, improving how fast they label data, fixing bugs in their software etc. And Dojo is getting closer. So even though we don’t see it, FSD future performance is improving. It should be released wide before winter at least, but imo probably not in 2months.

All the good stuff we already knew were gonna happen, delays of FSD and chip supply problems we underestimated. So I think the drop in share price is reasonable.

I have a feeling the stock will going sideways until late this year, when all good stuff will happen at once. FSD, Berlin, Austin, Plaid, Model X etc. It’s gonna get messy with all the FUD, strap on and enjoy the ride. Be happy that Tesla is not losing money given all that they are doing for future profits and how shaky the rest of the industry is not right now.

I read that Ars Technica article, and I don’t understand. How can reviving an old coal plant be even remotely economical?

Uh, unlimited free use of the atmosphere to dump your waste products? No liability for site cleanup and reclaimation after inevitable bankruptcy? Generous state protection in the law for Directors and Officers of said bankrupt companies?

It's quite a hustle; I heard it on SNL. /S

some buy prices I've picked up shares at within the last year in no particular order.

adjusted cost per share is 691 on one account, 60 on another, 773 on the third, 407 on a fourth.

one of these accounts is not like the others.

Still with the current price in the 500s I could bring the adjusted cost per share down on that first account and if it stays low long enough I might be able to drop the adjusted cost on the third account.

time to search the couch.

Lol, do you mean SNL cast member Kyle Mooney? (image below) or something juicy and salacious like role-playing Cara Delevingne? No, don't answer that. It's clearly Johnny Depp...

E08Own0WEAAF7s-.jpg

...I guess that handles the (very) Public Relations dept. for the day. :p

Cheers!

That's not Kyle, that's Kate McKinnon

If you never wanted to sell your entire TSLA stake in a fit of rage over Elons foolish endeavors on Twitter than you are not a true long term shareholder. :)

Happens to me every few months like clockwork
And it seems like every time TSLA drops (ostensibly) due to an Elon tweet, the stock comes back strongly soon thereafter. Maybe the guy knows what he's doing. ;)

CNN upped the FUD Tesla hit piece titled: "Tesla may be much worse off in China than anyone thought".

You know it's Pulitzer prize level BS if Gojo is quoted.

It's not worth rewarding with a link, so didn't post one here, but the best comedy line in it was:

"...shares topped out in late January after the company reported slightly disappointing earnings".

If Tesla keeps the growth trajectory of late, the supposed "disappointing earnings" will be paying for a lot of islands.

If you want to blow what I said out of proportion, that’s totally fine.

Lose respect in your eyes to sit on my butt and criticize? I simply said a potential remedy to the situation of the stock being sold off is for insiders to show support through some stock buys. I spend quite a bit of my time digging through earnings and the details of the company to make posts that help and inform. The couple of things I pointed out are facts.

That's not exactly what you said:

To be clear folks, I’m simply saying if you want remedy for the situation in the near term.....Tesla executives and board members should show some support by doing stock buys. Simple as that
Bold text is my edit.

I don't think it's accurate to say insiders should support the share price by using personal money to buy TSLA stock when they are likely so far overweight TSLA it's not even funny. They already work very hard for everyone's benefit (including shareholders) and we shouldn't expect more of them than they already give. If they want to buy even more shares with the cash portion of their salary, they will. But it's not proper to say they should.