Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford is choosing to cater to their current truck owners who “want” their truck to look like it always has. The first-order efficiency problem that it creates be damned. Failed thinking in EV-land. Wait until we see where the EV F150 and 9,000+ lbs. Hummer land on that core efficiency graph! Currently the 5,800 lbs Rivans at are the heaviest...
Ford wants to protect their most profitable truck sales for as long as possible by "proving" that a BEV pickup is no substitute because the battery goes flat too quickly on the highway. Making it aerodynamic will weaken their argument and reduce their ability to sell gas trucks.

Sawyer's tweet has $52.9K for the XLT model. Ford's doubling down on the screen wheel.

The bottom line is Ford is not serious about selling these in volume.

It's all for appearance sake. Don't buy into the wonderous hype. I wish it were true but it's just a mirage. Eventually they will make them in high volume. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. But, in this case, "sooner" is probably a number of years out.

According to Rob Maurer Tesla will have to book an estimated $67 million loss (GAAP and non-GAAP) from the bitcoin dip today.

Doesn't matter if the price goes up. If Tesla doesn't sell that loss will hit in Q2.
I feel that it would be based on the closing price..

Since crypto is a 24/7 operation, maybe they take the price at midnight? If so, this would be above their acquisition price, thus no impairment.

Did we figure out why all those dark colors Teslas are park all over the Fremont video? Those are refreshes lacking parts? (Hard to keep up with everything... and work (which didn't happen much today sadly).

I'm experiencing part shortage myself and seeing things run out that were fine just weeks ago. My coder in Vietnam, who also works locally, claims their company is having to substitute parts and redesign boards now... exactly what Tesla did in Q1. This really worries me for Tesla, meanwhile hearing all the shutdowns in Auto, especially at Ford today. And I would have to believe many are trying to interrupt Tesla's supply chain as well. I only hope Tesla can do it again until this passes.

What Digikey is telling me, is that there's hoarding going on to build in-house inventory. So this will likely snap back the other way with chips coming out our ears. Maybe I should start selling my own parts. Boxes of them... and buy more TSLA!

No, they don't.

Again, the image of what "most truck drivers" are/live/do and the reality are worlds apart.

Mostly it's white dude in cities with above average income who never do any truck stuff with their truck.
Yep, I live in the country side and my truck was smashed by a bull in a client field while we were unloading equipment. Most of my compatriots are in a similar spot, trucks are dented, dirty, 4wd used every week, and we pull hay wagons and fence boards etc.

Most trucks have never seen a cow much less had a bull head butt them. Never been in 4wd off the pavement. Never pulled a trailer unless it is a boat or rv. I drive on the interstate into DC suburbs once in a while and I just shake my head at all the trucks, immaculate, tuned and lifted trucks.

Since it is all perception I think Tesla will do very well selling the cybertruck, those sorts of drivers just want to be cool and tough. Also nice to have a good field of view.

The $40k F150 Lightning is their "commercial oriented" variant, and they aren't releasing the specs on it yet. The XLT version that they do have specs for starts at $52,974. (Still short range battery on that.) Can be optioned up to $90,474.

No prices listed for the all the available options. (Which there are lots of.)

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
The $40k F150 Lightning is their "commercial oriented" variant, and they aren't releasing the specs on it yet. The XLT version that they do have specs for starts at $52,974. (Still short range battery on that.) Can be optioned up to $90,474.

No prices listed for the all the available options.

So looks like roughly 10-12k upcharge from the ICE F-150 at both low and high end of the price range (ICE one runs around 28k to a bit over 80k IIRC)... though much of that is "offset" with the tax credits.

Reactions: kbM3
Ark loading up on more TSLA today, 69,508 shares:

1621476137780.png

1621476153211.png

1621476171426.png