Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Tesla shorts like Burry don't understand is that they are fundamentally shorting life as we know it. All the money in the world is useless if your mountaintop compound is surrounded by forest fires or your private island is under water. When the world food supply crashes, your money won't help you.

My bet is on Tesla.

Exactly. The consumer market has already spoken and they want Tesla who sells every disruptive car it produces almost instantly, demand far outstrips supply. It's very comparable to how the Iphone played out when Apple introduced it and completely changed the cel phone market, and I don't think any investor today would say it would have been a poor investment to buy and hold Apple stock back in 2010.

The writing is on the wall, TSLA will climb very high over time, and anyone who holds the stock long term will be handsomely rewarded. It's a practical certainty barring some random Act of God.

we have 1 ICE and one Tesla. so do our next door neighbors. so do almost all the Tesla owners i know. there are a bunch of reasons -- some can't afford two cars of that price range, and their second vehicle is much older/cheaper. some need a van or truck. some just haven't needed to upgrade BOTH their cars yet.
I don't doubt that many are in your situation. But I found it hard to believe that most Tesla owners have a fossil car. Some definitely do. But most?

This is all I'm planning to say about this issue. Not really that important.

Seriously? My wife has a Jeep Wrangler. Does Tesla offer this? Or any convertible? Or a van? Lot's of other car options people want other than CUV and sedan.
Seriously. I own two Teslas. Cybertruck and Plaid on order. I understand that people buy vehicles for all sorts of reasons, but I for one, will never buy an ICE vehicle again. The Roadster is all the convertible I want. :cool:

1621521569426.png

LOL I cannot think of anyone I know who has. Why would they?
My wifes Toyota Echo just sits in our garage.... plugged into a battery maintainer because the 12 volt kept going bad thru the winters. It only gets driven about once or twice a mounth. A Model 2 would be perfect for her with a large battery and V2G. It would be quite to compliment to our 12kWs of solar.

An air suspension made by the best company at manufacturing. That’s got to be good. I mean, they do manufacture for 1 million miles apparently.
The thing is for a truck, at least if your use in the wilds, you so do not want to be in the arctic, central america, or even southern Baja with any tech that if it fails you are stranded. Coils will never strand you. But we have seen with Model X's and S's on washboard roads the air suspension fail and drops at least two corners to the suspension stops. Coils will never do this to you. I am still buying a Cyber truck, but I assure you I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in any rough country that is miles and miles away from service.

Last edited:
Again though, completely immaterial to the business or the financials. Even if they take a FULL WRITE OFF, it would be a meaningless hit to their annualized EBIT going forward. This narrative of trying to blame BTC for TSLA's performance is tired and pointless.

Indeed, its important for Tesla supporters to recognize what happened in the crypto space this week: there as a DELIBERATE effort to tank the price of BTC (down 20% over a 24 hr period) and (miraculously) the selling stopped exactly at the price level where the instigators guessed that they would force an impairment loss on Tesla:

BTC.5-Day.2021-05-20.10-00.png

And now (again, miraculously) the price has recovered to $42K (as of 13:00 GMT May 20). It's not hard to imagine two players with separate bitcoin wallets selling back and forth to drive the price down quickly.

But with blockchain, there can be no counterfeiting of the asset being sold, so its a level playing field for buyers and sellers. When others jumped in to pick up bargains, the selling quickly dried up. The law of supply and demand to set the price still applies (outside Wall St. naked shortzes).

If I were Zach (and I'm not), I'd be a BUYER at the lows this week. The carbon intensity of a single transaction for several 10s of millions USD is miniscule, compared to the same amount of carbon released for a transaction of a few 10s of thousands USD (and Tesla's side of the transaction can be renewably clean).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Not worried about about the truth ... Tesla still has a TON of advantages I don't need to go into here as we all know. I am worried about how WS will treat TSLA as the narrative is very important and Ford has done a great job presenting this truck, having the POTUS drive your car .... not bad PR.
Wallstreet will Wallstreet of course. They will create volatility where none should exist. They will lie, cheat and rob. This isn’t even up for debate. It’s one thing to fear the unknown, it’s another to fear what you do know. Work on yourself until you fear not.

Indeed, its important for Tesla supporters to recognize what happened in the crypto space this week: there as a DELIBERATE effort to tank the price of BTC (down 20% over 24 hrs) and (miraculously) the selling stopped exactly at the price level where the uninformed guessed that they would force an impairment loss on Tesla:

View attachment 664167

And now (miraculously) the price has recovered to $42K (13:00 GMT). It's not hard to imagine that two players with separate bitcoin wallets sold back and forth to each other to drive the price down quickly. But with blockchain, their can be no counterfeiting of the asset being sold, so its a level playing field for buyers and sellers. When others jumped in to pick up bargains, the selling quickly dried up.

If I were Zach (and I'm not), I'd be a BUYER at the lows this week.

Cheers!

No no no, you see it’s all a coincidence. Just the market at work.

It’s not like the goons that lost tens of billions shorting TSLA last year in addition to missing out on an amazingly lucrative long opportunity are spiteful, vengeful people that prioritize their egos over everything else. That only happens on TV shows.