Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that theory is that it's competitors (other auto manufacturers, etc.). I think that certainly comes into play, but I think the bigger effect is from the big funds who benefit from major swings in the price.

Why do I think that? Think about all the *positive* media Tesla was getting when the share price was running up. There seemed to be a lot of that, and very little FUD.

If the theory you posted was correct, the media would always have a negative bias. But during the big runup, the media seemed to be assisting the upward movement. (At least that's how I remember it--maybe I am wrong).

Since the media seems to assist in pushing the price down to a minimum, then helping it up to a maximum, it lends more credence to the MMs being the true influence here as they profit most from the movement in the extremes.

And it's another hint that we'll be running up soon.
I agree 100%....its like when you're broke and you win the lottery...everyone wants to be your friend...and then you are broke again and no one knows your fu***ng name :)

I have a feeling come Sept-Oct...this will all be a moot point and we will all be giggling like high school girls......

I'd like to think so, but if Berlin is behind schedule and Austin isn't coming online until EoY, and if Tesla Vision and subscription remains a perpetual "two weeks away", I have this feeling the MM's will continue to manipulate the SP until the end of the year. Volume is low, we need catalysts to bring the volume to counter the MM's and without it the SP seems very much at their mercy.

I'm don't buy into conspiracy theories, but I must say, I've never seen a stock so instantly and overly reactive to the slightest of bad news and so unresponsive to good news, so it seems something suspicious is moving the SP. But I remain as positive as ever on the long term prospects. I had to drive an ICE SUV for a few days last week to move some equipment and I felt like was transported back in time a hundred years. Super busy dashboard and controls, weird gear hunting, acceleration lag -- and to shut it off, get out and lock it, I had to go through about 10 steps. I almost left it running. Nope, no going back to that. TSLA has the edge on what the future of driving will be.

The daily FINRA "short report" is out now. Today, FINRA-reporting entities (mostly retail brokers) conducted just 46.7% of all TSLA trades on NASDAQ. That's also ranked at the 46th percentile, meaning today was a relatively low volume day for retail, and conversely a high volume day for Market Makers (ie: large hedge funds with Options market priviledges). Go figure... :p

Further about today, "Short/FINRA" volume was 44.9% (ranking at the 48th percentile, meaning lower than normal), and Naked Shorting (short exempt vol/FINRA short vol) was 1.28% (ranking at the 49th percentile, so not notable).

So a "Bear Raid" w/o Bloomburg?! Thar's a new Sheriff in Town...

Cheers!

Enjoy the latest flyover. More S deliveries, a track resurface, and some zoom-in on Gigapress action.

Dang, so the track is resurfaced for next week's Model S presentation? That looks like a few million dollar resurfacing job.

So does that mean there's going to be a track time set on this thing? Or customers get to experience a ride on the track? "Oh look, a Tesla that can handle the turns!" sales tactic.

Enjoy the latest flyover. More S deliveries, a track resurface, and some zoom-in on Gigapress action.

I keep being amazed at the number of castings laying around, but if Tesla is pumping out 5k-7k model Y's per week then it's probably less that two week's inventory being held. Not unreasonable considering there's already been a little fire in one of the casting machines that put it out of action for a little while.

Reactions: gabeincal
I'd like to think so, but if Berlin is behind schedule and Austin isn't coming online until EoY, and if Tesla Vision and subscription remains a perpetual "two weeks away", I have this feeling the MM's will continue to manipulate the SP until the end of the year. Volume is low, we need catalysts to bring the volume to counter the MM's and without it the SP seems very much at their mercy.
you may be right....if that is the case...$TSLA will just be on sale a little longer...time to go find more couches to shake :D

For all you people who want tesla to hire a PR person.... a petition of interest:

I absolutely love what Rob has been able to build for himself and imo his content, consistency, and the effort he puts into analysis is unparalleled in the Tesla community.

But I think he can provide much more value from the outside than the inside. You don't need someone with Rob's skill set in a corporate PR position.

I have a feeling come Sept-Oct...this will all be a moot point and we will all be giggling like high school girls......

... as opposed to screaming like a schoolgirl? Q3, right? ;)

black-kid-meme-16.jpg

An often meaningful Fibonacci support level appears after a decline of 38.2%. Based on TSLA’s all-time intraday high on January 25 of $900.40, that would be at $556.48. Based on TSLA’s all-time closing high on January 26 of $883.09, that would be at $545.78. I’ve found that closing prices tend to be more relevant. The TSLA low so far today was $546.98. Let’s keep our eyes on this.
At the low and close today, TSLA still held above those key Fibonacci levels. Let's keep watching this tomorrow. Continuing above could be technically encouraging.

I'm all for balls-out aggressive nonstop FUD

The problem with FUD is that it doesn't just affect the stock price - if there's enough of it, it can lower demand. May not be a problem now, but it could be in the future. If people hear a thousand times about some piece of FUD they will believe it. FUD is anti-Tesla propaganda.

Yes - MIC Model 3 SR+ gets better margins if sold to europe than if sold in China. The selling price is higher in Europe well above the additional cost to ship them to Europe.
Pricing is weird ATM, there are different prices now within Europe I think upto 10%. NO, PL, FR, ES being close to current US/CN price and DE in the middle if you exclude 3k manufacturer "discount".

• Informative
Reactions: The Accountant