Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some perspective: exactly 7 years ago on Jun 3, 2014, the share price was $40.99 pre-split. This day was the Tesla Shareholder Meeting in Mountain View, I remember it well. Early days for TMC, Dave Lee was organizing meetups with other TMCers, like a lunch that day:

1A25746C-CE63-4873-8B77-F7D8BFFF5428.jpeg
ED014316-A79D-4758-BB52-F90739780510.jpeg
AA2683B3-8A6B-4415-A087-5E9BD982578C.jpeg

My bigger issue though is the impression left on the uninformed masses. If there's no counterargument presented, then many who do not actively seek out the truth regarding Tesla (like those of us here try to) can easily be swayed to believe the FUD. If the counterargument is presented, then at least they're given the opportunity to see both sides of the story and make up their own mind or be inspired to research further.

I have a prediction:

The same people that are now complaining that Tesla doesn't fight back against the FUD and it's hurting the value of their investment, will be the first ones to sell too early and leave hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting on the table.

This is because we now live in a world where people expect instant gratification.

I have a prediction:

The same people that are now complaining that Tesla doesn't fight back against the FUD and it's hurting the value of their investment, will be the first ones to sell too early and leave hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting on the table.

This is because we now live in a world where people expect instant gratification.
I do believe that FUD is slowing down the mission.

What about this as a trigger for our steep afternoon drop? Certainly Tesla, as a super growth renewable energy company, was planning on very low tax bills for quite a long time. Perhaps the potential for a 15% minimum corporate tax shifted the algos? Then the MM's pile on of course.....

Lol, did any other "super growth renewable energy company" drop 3% in 15 min immediately when that report came out?

Hint: sometimes, the bear *sugars* in the woods.

I have a prediction:

What's wrong with a little PR? I have been holding TSLA since 2015 and I am no selling but I am in favor of some PR. Elon is not always right.

Just placed an order for our 8th Tesla since 2013. Long Range Model Y with 20 inch wheels. Paying cash (no financing). Delivery estimate is 9-13 weeks!!! Before ordering it said 2-12 weeks. Gordon is right, there is clearly NO demand....

My neighbors got a Model Y lease and it was supposed to be delivered June 18-30th but just now Tesla said July 24th to August 13th. NO demand.

What do you think is being slowed down? Do you think that the TSLA FUD is causing other OEMs to slow down their EV transition?

Tesla is selling every vehicle they can make and they are expanding as fast as they can. So it doesn't seem that the FUD is slowing Tesla down to me.

What do you think is being slowed down? Do you think that the TSLA FUD is causing other OEMs to slow down their EV transition?

Tesla is selling every vehicle they can make and they are expanding as fast as they can. So it doesn't seem that the FUD is slowing Tesla down to me.
Not Tesla, but the mission. Most people, outside of Tesla owners and TMC members, think that EVs are EVs just as ICE cars are not that different from one another. So every negative article reinforces their belief that EVs aren't something to look at for a long time. If people thought that EVs were the thing to get, they would hold of on any ICE purchases and sales would plummet rather than the slow erosion we're seeing now.

I agree, I personally think advertising and PR would help put foot on throat of competitions globally and exert pressure on governments to support the company in a way that aligns well. Texas is good example, there is enough money available now to deploy a PR campaign defining Tesla as a solution to energy problems in a way that can influence politicians and make it harder for others to find ways to mess with Tesla.
Everyone on this forum knows Tesla is the best thing ever, but there is little harm in framing debates, brands and halos.
So yes, exert influence on texas politicians, German bureaucrats and Chinese competitors stealing ideas, or staging fake protests. Frame the debate and shift sentiment.
Not doing so just slows your ability to dominate the future. We have the most important part already…. The product! Even restarting the referral program in a big way could pay off. It will happen sooner or later. I just vote for sooner!