Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice video, lots of great cars, but very little actual loading going on, 7 empty trucks mostly just sitting.
You need to take the "Pause" button off by hitting "Play". That video showed a beehive of loading activity with empty car carriers coming and full ones leaving at a surprising rate. Sure, it looks like nothing going on if you freeze the video! Duh! ;)

Just had a thought on all the $BTC boomers or $TSLAQ defectors that went and cancelled their cybertruck orders due to their newly discovered 'hate' for Elon.....Wouldn't they have been better off selling their reservation or simply just taking delivery and selling it at a profit if they were one of the 'early' birds? Figure they could have made at least a minimum of $3-$5k if they got in early enough, instead of just cancelling.

Most people reporting they cancelled their Cybertruck reservation based on Crypto tweets were lying through their teeth, many of them probably didn't even have reservations, they were just trying to drum up Elon hate.

As someone anxiously awaiting a Cybertruck, I WISH it were true but I have to be realistic about these things. 😢

Im pretty sure its spelled "Lightening". That's how their execs seem to spell it on social media.

Yes, that correct. Reason? Because spellcheck and sustainability were both lost in the last round of Ford cutbacks.

That’s cutting edge Ford innovation - just add an “e” somewhere into the old model names dug up from the Ford graveyard, and voila! Instant sustainability!

Take that Elon!

Last edited:
What I’d love to see on the plaid reveal:

A bunch of 1.9 second plaid launches, and 9 second 1/4 mile runs - and some track drifts - done by a model S with blacked out windows.

After it’s done, Elon summons it; it pulls up to the stage and rolls down the windows, revealing no one inside.

Elon says “by the way : you can download FSD V11 now.”

Mic drop.

Tesla stock and Depends stock both moon because the shorts are in dire need of both.

Last edited:
Most people reporting they cancelled their Cybertruck reservation based on Crypto tweets were lying through their teeth, many of them probably didn't even have reservations, they were just trying to drum up Elon hate.

As someone anxiously awaiting a Cybertruck, I WISH it were true but I have to be realistic about these things. 😢
I’m also wishing for shorter cybertruck wait time. In fact, WISH is up 49.87% today.

This is a good video:-

Bottom line, any innovation can eventually be copied if there is the will, the talent, and the money to do that.

But culturally many existing carmakers are not well set up for rapid innovation, financially, and in terms of engineering talent, they are not well set up. But senior management having the vision and the courage to take risks, is even more challenging..

The additional factor I would add, is not knowing the starters gun has been fired. To rapidly scale EV production over the next 5 years they would need all key building blocks in place now,... casting, batteries, engineering, finance, factories... The problem with copying is, you are always several years behind...

Last edited:
The more traditional looking pickup to go alongside the Cybertruck & really take from the Ford F-150 Lightning reservation holders/target market.

There is not going to be a more traditional looking Tesla Pickup. The Cybertruck is and always was the only Tesla pickup. The only reason Elon said they could always make a more traditional one if the Cybertruck wasn't well-received was so he didn't have to defend his decision to create such a masterpiece ...ooops, I mean such a hideous monster. Elon knew it would be well received, he just didn't want to have to make the case that it would. He could have said, "I think people will come around and end up loving it" but people would just ridicule that. Instead, he said, "no big deal, if it doesn't sell well we will just make a more traditional truck too." But he knew he was never going to do that. Traditional trucks are hideous (even if most people haven't realized it yet). The release of the Cybertruck will change the entire truck market. But these things take time. The Lightning F-150 will sell the limited quantities Ford will initially make but it won't be able to compete with the Cybertruck as production volumes climb.

The media will be surprised with how many traditional truck people make the switch. They will say dumb things like "No one saw this coming." 🙄

There is not going to be a more traditional looking Tesla Pickup. The Cybertruck is and always was the only Tesla pickup. The only reason Elon said they could always make a more traditional one if the Cybertruck wasn't well-received was so he didn't have to defend his decision to create such a masterpiece ...ooops, I mean such a hideous monster. Elon knew it would be well received, he just didn't want to have to make the case that it would. He could have said, "I think people will come around and end up loving it" but people would just ridicule that. Instead, he said, "no big deal, if it doesn't sell well we will just make a more traditional truck too." But he knew he was never going to do that. Traditional trucks are hideous (even if most people haven't realized it yet). The release of the Cybertruck will change the entire truck market. But these things take time. The Lightning F-150 will sell the limited quantities Ford will initially make but it won't be able to compete with the Cybertruck as production volumes climb.

The media will be surprised with how many traditional truck people make the switch. They will say dumb things like "No one saw this coming." 🙄
A baby Cybertruck (with the footprint of an SUV so you could park it in a public garage among other cars) would even sell like crazy !!!

This is a good video:-

Bottom line, any innovation can eventually be copied if there is the will, the talent, and the money to do that.

But culturally many existing carmakers are not well set up for rapid innovation, financially, and in terms of engineering talent, they are not well set up. But senior management having the vision and the courage to take risks, is even more challenging..

The additional factor I would add, is not knowing the starters gun has been fired. To rapidly scale EV production over the next 5 years they would need all key building blocks in place now,... casting, batteries, engineering, finance, factories... The problem with copying is, you are always several years behind...

The biggest problem for Detroit would be the UAW. The German IG Metal union seems to be the best at embracing new technology, but even they are not great. Britain's Unite union seems to be just as bad as the UAW. The rest fall somewhere in between.

The UAW would strike before having stamping jobs erased or having some workers retrain.

They are against any change. Until they figure one or all of the Big 3 might go out of business if they don't change. But that takes massive market share loss and disruptions to the company before they agree change is necessary.

A baby Cybertruck (with the footprint of an SUV so you could park it in a public garage among other cars) would even sell like crazy !!!

A lot of potential Tesla vehicles would sell like crazy.

A full size 9 passenger Cybertruck SUV.
1623228366700.png

A Tesla Minibus.

1623228184583.png

Tesla Model 2

1623228499788.png

Cyber Model 2

1623228611305.png

A Detroit style pickup.

1623228743552.png

A Japanese style pickup for North American market.

1623228787151.png

It just comes down to what exactly Elon wants to build.

Yes, that correct. Reason? Because spellcheck and sustainability were both lost in the last round of Ford cutbacks.

That’s cutting edge Ford innovation - just add an “e” somewhere into the old model names dug up from the Ford graveyard, and voila! Instant sustainability!

Take that Elon!
You mean like digging up a pretty cool car name from the 70’s and making it a small pickup?

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari