Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we got ourselves into an expectation frenzy. Nothing new but doesn't take away from the amazing car this is. One of the most abused marketing phrases in the automotive world is 'all new'. This is pretty all new except ironically most of the exterior. New motor, new pack, new chassis, new interior, new software, new HVAC. This is Tesla's best foot forward on every aspect of a car. On pretty much any measure the best car in the world. Looking forward to my long range S in August (which for reference will add ~70% more range than my 2012 Model S).

Good question. Not really seeing a compelling reason to get a new one. My 2016 P100D still has over 300 miles range. Why say goodbye to $130k for basically the same batteries attached to a PS5 and one additional motor? I think i'm okay just keeping what i've got for now.
That black car on stage sure does look tempting though.

So what? You aren’t new here. Did you suddenly think he was going to be possessed by slick talking Saul Goodman? It’s as if you’ve never paid attention, but your sure good at complaining and criticizing.
Sorry, cat, for complaining some more but

That was objectively the worst Tesla livestream I've ever seen. I've seen all of them and I've bothered my spouse about all of them before watching. They no longer question my reasoning for watching, because they know they cant's stop me.

It's not remotely about Elon. It's about the content. It was pretty awful. It's ridiculous that I have to spell this out, to you, of all people but it wasn't the delivery. I didn't expect a Saul Goodman experience.

I expected more than "hey here's this ultra hyped up event to celebrate something that...everyone already knows about. sweet. i'm elon, signing off. check out my cool newish haircut."

This is not about people's expectations ... the Plaid versions (looks like there is an X) deserve a proper unveiling .... I guarantee you there are more surprises that have yet to reveal themselves. I can't believe they can's spend a few bucks and hire someone who knows how to put on a show and give these groundbreaking products the unveiling they deserve.

1,000 HP to full speed. Question is how? Was the motor the limitation, or something about the batteries?
That power curve was the most impressive thing of the reveal. No other manufacturer has anything like it and the ones that try can't match it (or the range and efficiency). No drop in power all the way to 200 mph! It's all about the thermal management. Lithium ion batteries in general are capable of a lot more than manufacturers allow them to give because they have to preserve their lifespan. By keeping the battery in the sweet spot it can minimize degradation and unlock more performance.

he said they hope to get to 100 (or was it a few hundred?) a week "soon" and 1000 a week next quarter. So I'm assuming they are not much higher than 100 a week right now, if that. Only 25 delivered today he said.
Just re-watched...he said "we're gonna deliver the first 25 cars now and then basically should be at several hundred cars per week soon and 1000 cars per week, probably, next quarter".

What a car!!!, but a “Well OK then” moment for me(Since plaid is way out of my budget)

The thing I am looking forward to is how these deliveries and estimates for all Model S deliveries the next few weeks will effect the P&D report and the top/bottom line. Wondering if @The Accountant has revised his P&D numbers over the last week/hour?

Reactions: JusRelax
Do you have lots of short term calls or something? I fail to see how an event like this affects the stock in any meaningful way.

no calls, no puts, no short term positions of any kind. I merely own roughly 6,500 shares of Tesla stock. and i'd appreciate it if they could put together a professional presentation for major livestreamed events.