Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have a list of the people that complained after the CyberTruck unveiling as CT being *sugar*? It’s probably really similar with a list of people complaining this is presentation is underwhelming and *sugar*🤣

/s

THE BEST PRODUCTION CAR EVER. Will beat 99.999% of the cars on the road. Nothing special
I'm complaining a lot. I have 5 cybertrucks on order. I don't remember what I wrote after the event, but I probably made a few posts. Feel free to search. I don't think I've deleted any.

The complaints with the CYBRTRK were distinct from this event, imo. It was an unveiled vehicle that was, after revealing, polarizing.

The Model S event tonight was not expected to be like the CYBRTRK unveiling. And it wasn't. It was 1000x more boring.

Seems like Elon landed and went straight for the event with zero rehearsal with the control room. Oh well..you can't have it all. Elon is the face of Tesla so you want him to speak. But we all know he's not the best at speaking, and he is busy with rockets/constructing new factories so he has no time to rehearse either.
If you want to experience a truly cringe-worthy presentation (IMO), go back and watch the Mach-E intro. It seemingly went on for hours and hours, continually worsening.

this presentation managed to fail even the most modest expectations.

- zero mention of 4680, cybertruck, roadster, or any new product.
- 390 mile range for the Plaid is below the lowest expectations.
- elon was clearly seeing these slides for the first time, and was so awkward it was hard to watch.

overall, just a huge "why did they even bother?" from me.

Please dude, you were already whining and hating days ago.

- zero mention of 4680, cybertruck, roadster, or any new product.
Why?? Take focus away from a product they CAN sell today for one they cannot?

It's frivolous to stuff more cells in something that is unused on a regular basis for the target audience and charges as fast as it does. You towing a boat??!?

You keep rambling about 4680 but I'll distill it to one question.

Given range, performance, charging, exterior and interior - worth it? Yes/No?

- elon was clearly seeing these slides for the first time, and was so awkward it was hard to watch.
Elon sounds like it's his first day at Tesla every time he does a shareholder conference call. He's not the best public speaker in the world. He knows it, you know it, we know it. Why keep bashing him over this??

Wow, that motor is just... beautiful. I'd like to have one just to carry around with me to show people what a 1,000+ horsepower looks like in 2021. I would hold it like a beautiful baby, just born. "Look how GORGEOUS is this??! :Do_O:)
If you want to carry around 1000+ horsepower you need one of these
tripplet.gif

Cat, I'm an engineer.

The model S refresh is amazing. The event was awful.

Do we need to sit down and have tea to level?
The event wasn’t awful, you just simply didn’t enjoy the livestream. I guarantee every single person there is giggling their heads off experiencing those cars.

I’d rather whiskey.

I don’t understand how people can be saying nothing new. There was all kinds of new stuff; new motor tech (they had to design a machine first so they could make the motors), new glass that keeps the interior quiet even at 100mph, new UI, new Tesla designed sound system, new gaming architecture, the ability to sync and use multiple devices at the same time, new placement of the interior seating to provide more rear seating room and comfort, reduced interior trims etc., etc...
You are right. But it was not presented as such.
I.e. for noise I would like a comparison between the s and a Mercedes for example.
It was more presented like: ok.. the usual stuff. Quiet,safe car. Decent entertainment.. like.. blend over the details and every manufacturer tells you this.
It is less about the what and more about the how - and how it ranks compared to everyone else.
I.e. throw teraflops for entertainment on the slides. Like we have x TF for entertainment, while the others only have y z and a on their flagship cars.
Throw db-numbers for s vs. Other cars on there for noise..

Tell me HOW MUCH the leave the competition behind. In detail. Just to stick the superiority of the own product to them.

Tough crowd. To be fair, I didn't find other car company release thrilling also. I think we all were spoiled after the Roadster 2 surprise.

I know, I watched the Polestar reveal. They had a professional presenter and the whole thing was super well executed. It was more amazing than the car turned out to be.

At the end of the day, all you have is the Polestar II. Everyone forgot the reveal. :oops:

Yeah, I really want to know more about those motors, and whether they will eventually trickle down to the non-plaid vehicles.
What people are overlooking is the insane power output from a lightweight motor.

Tesla had to invent a new machine to wind the motor tight enough.

The grest power curve also means a gearbox is never needed.

So Tesla can eventually make a variant of the the machine to make motors for non-plaid vechicles.
Provided the raw materials cost is the same or less the weight savings make it worthwhile.

The event wasn’t awful, you just simply didn’t enjoy the livestream. I guarantee every single person there is giggling their heads off experiencing those cars.

I’d rather whiskey.
Bet they are giggling. I'd be giggling if I were there.

The livestream was awful.

I hate that I have to clear my throat, again, but the product is amazing. That's what I'm here for.

But the livestream was awful, cat.

Hope I'm wrong but I think the market will see this as a big nothing-burger. Might see $550 tomorrow (later today). Nothing has changed long term with the company and the future is bright, no doubt. The fickle markets however may very well latch onto the headlines from (pick your favorite MSM outlet) that are sure to come.

Ahh...life as a TSLA investor!

Dan
So the market priced in about nothing for this event. Did Tsla even beat macros this week? I don't even think it did. Maybe the ramp of the S is better than wall street is expecting given the delays, or maybe worst. But yeah there's probably gonna be a drop than recovery tomorrow..to 600..lol.

It's frivolous to stuff more cells in something that is unused on a regular basis for the target audience and charges as fast as it does. You towing a boat??!?
I don’t know about that particular argument. Seems like most Tesla owners and non-owners always want to see more and more range.
And, I don’t know about you, but I don’t get near rated range in our S and X (not newest revision or Plaid, obviously, though).

Not sure why anyone is worried about the stock price tomorrow.

The ONLY way this event was going to for sure cause a rally tomorrow is if Elon either said they were at a very high production rate already or they decided to disclose the number of orders/order rate. Wouldn't matter what specs they showed or range improvements they had. Maybe if they had shown V9, but really that's it.

But it doesn't matter anyways....we're 3 weeks from Q2 P/D numbers. As I've mentioned a few times for a while now, it doesn't matter what the stock does right now. As long as Tesla executes on their production and their earnings, the stock has to go up later this year....and up quite a bit.

Last edited:
So no answer on how they got to sustained 1,000 HP? Other than the battery sweet spot?
I get the feeling the "How" will get released over coming weeks. We might assume it's bc of the new motor. But I did not hear that. Did anyone?

I have to say, this is funny. I've been explaining for over 2 years how SRPM motors are not rpm limited by back EMF like the AC induction motor in the rear of the old P100D.

Have you now got the motivation to read and learn what that actually means? Because that's the answer. Watch this video to see an animation of the rotating magnetic field which allows high rpm:

The only new tech in the Plaid motors is the carbon overwrapped rotors to keep them from fragging at 20K+ rpm.

Because PHYSICS.

Last edited: