Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I shared my model because I thought the results were interesting. Your response comes across as weirdly hostile and antagonistic.

I provided the code I used for the simulation. You're more than welcome to modify it with more realistic charging curve. In fact, that's why I provided it--to foster a constructive conversation. Why don't you suggest a concrete alternative, so we can re-run the model with a better charging curve?

Same for starting SoC and turnaround time.

It's not hostile to say the numbers don't reflect reality (unless you have an ulterior motive beyond the truth). I'm just baffled who could think that was an accurate reflection of average charging power levels for the reasons I've already provided. The problem I found was not with the code you shared, it was with the assumed average SoC at the beginning of supercharging of 5% and the resulting charge curves. Absolutely ridiculous! How is it even possible to have an average SoC of 5%?

Have you ever even used a Tesla before? This is why I asked where your numbers came from and you still have not provided an explanation.

WholeMarsBlog gave me a ride with FSD Beta 8.2 yesterday.

Not a coincidence that FSD Beta 9.0 release date was announced right after. FSD gods needed me to evaluate first.

IMG_20210707_212527.jpg

so, all those folks who rage bought yesterday….here’s something to chew on. Naked shorting by the MMs is one thing, but how pure about out and out fraud? I just rage bought one share at $624.20. I didn’t log into my account until 09:33 to initiate the trade and I got the confirmation text at 09:38. According to yahoo finance, the lowest trade was 628.44 at 09:30. So did my trade really happen?

so, all those folks who rage bought yesterday….here’s something to chew on. Naked shorting by the MMs is one thing, but how pure about out and out fraud? I just rage bought one share at $624.20. I didn’t log into my account until 09:33 to initiate the trade and I got the confirmation text at 09:38. According to yahoo finance, the lowest trade was 628.44 at 09:30. So did my trade really happen?
I'm showing the low so far today at $620.46. Blame Yahoo.

This is pre-2019 deja vu to me. Nothing but good news from Tesla and various sources on Twitter and TMC, but a lot of negative fake news/FUD from traditional news outlets, and the stock going down when it should be shooting up. I was rage buying shares for 4 years and then made out like a bandit when the stock finally broke out. With 20 Million cars/year in the not too distant future, another big jump is inevitable. My advice - keep buying shares with every pay check and HODL. If we are stuck here for a while, buying options will = money flushed down the toilet. If we aren't over 700 by ER, I'm going to start selling covered calls again even if the SP is low, because I will see that as a sign that nothing will happen for a while.

Option wise IV is in a different place though. Used to be in 85-100+ range, now it's in the < 70 range. Market treating Tesla as a less risky stock.

Nothing goes as planned with Tesla investing time lines, seen it for the X, 3 ramp etc. Then all of a sudden we shoot up. It's more like steps down and elevator up.
The more the SP keeps getting kicked, the more I am expecting a $100 day. cheers!!

My take on this morining is that hedgies are feeling threatened, vulnerable, and lashed out in the Pre-market. BTW, smallish volume so far for such a large move. I expect TSLA will open around its MA(200), then buying interest will take over.

Cheers!

Come on buying interesting... You can do it... Come on now! ;)