Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA’s 50 & 200-day SMAs (simple moving averages) are crossing today at $630. Technically, it may be crucial which way the stock moves from the crossing point into the session’s close. That point was penetrated at the opening, but since then the share price has moved nicely above. Remaining above, especially a positive close, could be encouraging technical signs.

Golden cross. Finishing at session highs.

Bullish. :D

I didn't click, but is the name of the "journalist" listed?
Yup. Drew Magary. He seems like a total d***che. Another click bait journalist desperate for some views.

1625775563720.png

In all fairness, 7 to 8 minutes would be standard from parking to driving. But any issues (ever had a slow pump? Damn that is annoying) or extras could easily run it into the 15 to 20 minute range.

That is what I remember anyway.

Less than five minutes to pump a tank of gas is an optimal result and from my memories, a minority of my gas station stops.

Really don't think parity is a must. Fact that it is only needed for road trips almost guarantees that you have to engage in extras like food or bathroom visits and that whole deal is easy to hit 20 minutes.
Not to mention waiting in line... at Costco Gas on Tuesday we waited 20 minutes in line while the 4 cars in front of us filled their tanks in 5 minutes each...

One of the most notorious "Death Crosses" occurred during Facebook's first year of trading. While I genuinely hate Facebook and Twitter and find them to be legitimate threats to humanity, the reality is that FB's first year of trading was also a FUD-fest and people were screaming about how Facebook was tanking.

If you had held FB since then, and I didn't because I already had other FAANG's at that point and didn't see much point in adding another one, you would have seen some pretty nice returns. Today Facebook is a $1 trillion market cap company.

For the latest Canadian EV society webinar the guest was none other than Sandy Munro. Interesting talk. Not really about solid state batteries as the title indicates. He had some interesting opinions on self driving technology. Unfortunately the organizers lost the Q&A session at the end. I asked Sandy what Elon said about FLIR (watch video for context) and he said he did not bring it up when they chatted. Seems very strange given his conviction. Sandy is certainly is not lacking in conviction...about anything it seams.

This is an unfortunate article written by a well-known writer with a relatively large audience in the Bay Area. It illustrates how the disdain for Tesla is seeping into mainstream progressive thought, especially in the Bay Area which is in the midst of a new type of class war. Tesla is the IT possession for the "haves." Notice how the author didn't use any facts or data. He's spouting off opinion/commentary, which is his shtick, but unlike paid writers, he's doing it simply because he's been manipulated to think otherwise. In other words, the FUD works on some people.
I wish Tesla would just close the Fremont factory entirely after Giga Austin and the next North American Giga after Austin are built. There's no reason to stay there and provide jobs for people like this. They straight up don't deserve it. California is on fire every summer anyways now, it's only going to get worse as the climate change really kicks in which is ironic for this guy. I hope he enjoys his unbreathable air every year after the one company on Earth actively trying to save us from it departs from the Bay Area.

I recommend everyone watch this video. At least twice. Chamath is great, but the second time around just look at those subtitles. They're gold.

View attachment 682666
Lol.. looks like the AI used for the speech to text translation has been trained on urban dictionary. May be it's intentional.

My post was about how filling up at a gas station can usually be done in 5 minutes or less. That's it. At no point did I say I missed gas stations or that I didn't recognize the value of charging at home.

It is difficult to have rational discussions when people create strawmen and claim other posters are saying things they did not.
Just getting to the gas station could take longer than 5 minutes (station may be on other side of street, need to wait for left turn, go out of way to that gas station that sells cheaper outside your neighbourhood, etc. With Tesla home charging you are already there. For 99% of us, changing from home with the occational SuperCharger top for long trips up takes far less time (an order of magnatude less time) each year than running to your local gas station for ICE fill-ups.

Last edited:
Are we saying the local demand in June is lower than in March, even though the EV market in China is growing? In that case, we must say, FUD DID have impact on demand for Tesla vehicles?

I was wondering if it can be a non-negative factor like RHD vehicles (UK, Hong Kong etc) being made in June which can’t be sold in China. If this was the case, then why plan on making these RHD vehicles in June, when they can’t be sold in that month?

It appears likely that China FUD DID have an impact on sales. This explains strong reaction from Tesla China, going after the FUDsters/Fake video makers faking break failures etc?
I am saying Telsa has a good idea of demand 1-2 months in advance, if inventory builds to a level that matches likely local demand for the rest of the quarter, Tesla China can switch to export.

Too much is being made of local Chinese demand, Chinese production is the important number.
Any dip in local demand is likely to be temporary, there are plenty of nearby export locations.

Yomp. Now for that 'buying interest'... :p

View attachment 682574

Cheers!

Yomp. It's a 'Kabuki' thang...

TSLA.chart.2021-07-08.png

I hope everyone noticed at 07:00 EDT this morning that MaxPain was 652.50 and further noticed at 16:00 EDT that we finished 31 cents above the MMs preferred SP (it's a 'miracle' /s).

"Nothing to C, move a Long..." -- MMs​

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thumbs up, I think...
I had a hard time on that reply too. I know some folks had wait times at Superchargers over the holidays too, but there is far less wait time there than at gas pumps. It never ceases to amaze me how ICE drivers will drive all over town and wait for a half hour in line just to save 10¢ a gallon...