Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many friends/family have you guys successfully convinced to buy a significant amount of TSLA before the run up?(cost basis 65 dollars or less)? My track record is zero. I have successfully convinced my friends to put 5 figures into AMD, MTCH and Fiverr no problem. Not one person went for TSLA. Getting them to buy a share or two doesn't count. Like truly convinced.
So that when I retire early I can do so with a clear conscious, I've made it a point over the last few years to make the case for investing in Tesla to all of my friends and acquaintances that do a bit of retail investing. Probably 10 people I've tried to convince, but only 3 of them tried to buy shares and only 1 of whom bought a meaningful amount. The interesting thing is that all the people that refused to consider it were guys and the three that did were gals. small sample size but probably says something about inherent stubbornness and/or willingness to think outside the box. Anywho, the one gal that did invest significantly is a good friend and coworker and she got onboard early so has nice gains that have enhanced her life and retirement prospects. We enjoy sharing the ongoing successes of the company together as part of a two-person investment club but I no longer push tesla as an investment on my other friends unless they specifically ask about it--my conscious is clear.

$TSLA killer is here guys....for range at least...oh wait...probably a biased report :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 684080
Gee, there must be a typo for the MPGe on the Mach-e Monroney Sticker then. /s

1626197696537.png

1626197643745.jpeg

Goldman Sachs now expects Tesla to report 2Q21 non-GAAP EPS of $0.94 (from $0.84 prior) versus the consensus of $0.96. Delanew expects the price increases and Model Y ramp to have a larger impact on 3Q21 and 4Q21 results.

Goldman Sachs’ new 2021 non-GAAP EPS estimate of $5.00 is above the FactSet consensus at $4.28 and Bloomberg consensus of $4.43.

A new 2022 non-GAAP EPS estimate of $6.50 from the firm compares to the Street at $6.43 (FactSet) and $6.45 (Bloomberg).

In the 2Q EPS preview, Mark Delaney said that “Overall, Tesla has produced 387K vehicles in 1H21 and delivered 386K vehicles globally per company data, which shows in our view that Tesla has sold essentially every vehicle that it has made, and illustrating in our opinion that the company is supply not demand constrained.”

As for this "friends and TSLA" business, I accepted long ago how in most people's mind "a prophet" will always be someone from at least ten miles away. That is, someone they don't know very well. Something in our DNA seems to prevent us from learning from our peers, parents, etc. as well as we should.

Still, as I started buying TSLA in October/November of 2019 I mentioned the stock and its potential in casual conversation, then, I waited for anyone to carry the conversation further. None did.

Sixteen months later when I gave notice of retirement I alluded to how an investment I had made payed off. There might have been two or three who then asked if it was Tesla. To those I responded, "Yes, and it is still not too late to get in."

My boss, who I worked with for two decades, and with whom I had over the years discussed stocks, investing and such was probably hit hardest. When I retired he was the only one who wasn't in the least bit congratulatory.

I've always been willing to help anyone who is open to receiving whatever I might offer, and, I don't take it personally when folks choose to ignore advice, often enough to their detriment in short order. (I am married after all, so get lots of practice in this)

Everyone must find their own way through life. As long as I make the effort to help I will have no regrets, and always accept their choices as being the best ones they thought they could make at the time.

They did say, "by the end of the decade". Perhaps Sweden's Heart Aerospace could eventually become a buyout candidate for Tesla. :cool:
I'm pretty sure Tesla will do an EV planes sometimes in the future. Though Elon say that he don't like flying car since it could fall on you, on Mars there's no road and chances to fall on people there are rare. Flying EV makes sense.

Reactions: capster
I know I have written here previously about this but I think it's worth mentioning again.

I told both my grown son and daughter that if they invested in Tesla and they ever lost money when selling I would pay them the difference.

Both of them bought tesla stock the next day. This was pre split so they are both very happy it's a great way to get your family to invest in a company you believe in.

An added bonuses, both my children think I'm really smart!!

Favorite question when they are over my house for dinner.... Casually..... Hey dad, how many shares of tesla do you have?
They will never stop asking, and I will never answer.

Ken

As for this "friends and TSLA" business, I accepted long ago how in most people's mind "a prophet" will always be someone from at least ten miles away. That is, someone they don't know very well. Something in our DNA seems to prevent us from learning from our peers, parents, etc. as well as we should.

Still, as I started buying TSLA in October/November of 2019 I mentioned the stock and its potential in casual conversation, then, I waited for anyone to carry the conversation further. None did.

Sixteen months later when I gave notice of retirement I alluded to how an investment I had made payed off. There might have been two or three who then asked if it was Tesla. To those I responded, "Yes, and it is still not too late to get in."

My boss, who I worked with for two decades, and with whom I had over the years discussed stocks, investing and such was probably hit hardest. When I retired he was the only one who wasn't in the least bit congratulatory.

I've always been willing to help anyone who is open to receiving whatever I might offer, and, I don't take it personally when folks choose to ignore advice, often enough to their detriment in short order. (I am married after all, so get lots of practice in this)

Everyone must find their own way through life. As long as I make the effort to help I will have no regrets, and always accept their choices as being the best ones they thought they could make at the time.
I've noticed an ongoing problem with people that bought Tesla based on 'recommendations'....its all unicorns and joy when it goes parabolic...however, when it starts skidding 10, 20 30 40% or more....my text messages go berserk and Verizon sends me a text that i am over my allocated text messages for the month (and i have unlimited text messaging) 😊 😊 😊 😊

I know I have written here previously about this but I think it's worth mentioning again.

I told both my grown son and daughter that if they invested in Tesla and they ever lost money when selling I would pay them the difference.

Both of them bought tesla stock the next day. This was pre split so they are both very happy it's a great way to get your family to invest in a company you believe in.

An added bonuses, both my children think I'm really smart!!

Favorite question when they are over my house for dinner.... Casually..... Hey dad, how many shares of tesla do you have?
They will never stop asking, and I will never answer.

Ken
That's such a great story...mine goes like this:

11 year old son: Dad, girls like popular guys right?
Me: Nah, they like the smart ones because they know those are the ones that will be successful and make it in life
9 year old daughter: Well......Dad isn't smart and Mom still married him :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

As an outlier I have met several Chinese RV's when pottering around in Europe in my own motorhome. They have driven all the way and often stay quite a while and visit "everything" from North Cape to Gibraltar before returning.

I would love to do the opposite but not by myself and none of my friends are FIREd. Perhaps Tesla can build out superchargers along the New Silk Road - then I would have to get a Cybertruck to travel in.
I didn't see the /s so here you go.

Also, Tesla CN did a nice video too. It's (Silk Road in a Tesla) now on my bucket list.

Gee, there must be a typo for the MPGe on the Mach-e Monroney Sticker then. /s
Yeah but that's because the EPA is owned by Elon or whatever, as Edmunds heroically uncovered in their stupid tests (and just happened to promote very heavily).

I didn't see the /s so here you go.

Also, Tesla CN did a nice video too. It's (Silk Road in a Tesla) now on my bucket list.

I'll have to look into costs to ship a Cybertruck over.

Reactions: capster