Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add to this

Thanks for the link. Somehow this feels like a partial bailout for VW and their nation-wide EV charging systems they were responsible to deploy for Dieselgate, doesn’t it? Oh well, we will be bailing out the not-so-big-three from Detroit again soon too I suppose. Might as well get used to it. It’s probably a necessary evil to help the paradigm shift. (The ‘evil’ is the part where those that used to be in power get to stay in power with the help of our tax monies).

Here's a review on the Earnings Report from Tom Nash after he dove deep into it for a couple of days.

So just watched and one comment made me wonder what others think. In the earnings release Tesla said the following about Cybertruck

"We are also making progress on the industrialization of Cybertruck, which is currently planned for Austin production subsequent to Model Y."

Tom Nash apparently took that as a 1 year delay. Seems others have as well. I took it as start of production of Cybertruck at Austin will delayed a few months. Tesla specifically said Semi delayed until 2022. Cybertruck just that production will start after Model Y not a year later. Made me think Model Y 4th quarter and Cybertruck 1st quarter.

Thanks for the link. Somehow this feels like a partial bailout for VW and their nation-wide EV charging systems they were responsible to deploy for Dieselgate, doesn’t it? Oh well, we will be bailing out the not-so-big-three from Detroit again soon too I suppose. Might as well get used to it. It’s probably a necessary evil to help the paradigm shift. (The ‘evil’ is the part where those that used to be in power get to stay in power with the help of our tax monies).
I believe Tesla opening up the network is because Tesla wants a piece of this pie. A big piece of this pie. Having the largest network and dedicated factories to build out more chargers rapidly definitely makes Tesla the leader.

I believe Tesla opening up the network is because Tesla wants a piece of this pie. A big piece of this pie. Having the largest network and dedicated factories to build out more chargers rapidly definitely makes Tesla the leader.
But it didn't sound like the plan was to open the Superchargers up in the US yet. It sounded like they were going to start in Europe, where the connectors are already in place, and then move on from there. (But they were already working on the adapter and logistics for it, so maybe US will come fairly quickly.)

Reactions: saniflash
SMART People are only looking at productions out of Shanghai now after Tesla have officially made them the export hub.
FIFY. I can almost guarantee you that the Lora's of the world will write articles looking only at China July sales, and claim that Tesla is down compared to June, and therefore Tesla's problems in China continue. And, those articles will be all over my news feeds during the first week of August, AND the SP will dip.

At what strike?
The covered calls were sold going into earnings, so they have made a lot of money already. In my son's account, I was aggressive and did 715 strike because he only has enough shares for 1 CC. In my account, I was more conservative and did 820 strikes (clearly I could have been more aggressive, but I can sell so many I don't need to). Aug 6th and Aug 13 expirations respectively.

The terms/requirements are going to be critical. From the article (emphases mine):

The chargers are likely to be placed along heavily traveled highways that would be advantageous for long-distance travel and in communities for additional charging options in residential and commercial locations. However, the funding would have a “particular focus on rural, disadvantaged, and hard-to-reach communities.

So just watched and one comment made me wonder what others think. In the earnings release Tesla said the following about Cybertruck

"We are also making progress on the industrialization of Cybertruck, which is currently planned for Austin production subsequent to Model Y."

Tom Nash apparently took that as a 1 year delay. Seems others have as well. I took it as start of production of Cybertruck at Austin will delayed a few months. Tesla specifically said Semi delayed until 2022. Cybertruck just that production will start after Model Y not a year later. Made me think Model Y 4th quarter and Cybertruck 1st quarter.
The order page still says, "Tri Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021." Tesla has had ample opportunity to change this statement and hasn't. I don't expect much volume in late 2021 but I tend to believe some production will take place around January 22 +/-. Maybe only dribbles and drips, but it'll be glorious. Yes, I'm an optimist.

Tesla should be able to construct and deploy SuCs much more efficiently than anyone else in the US. It just depends on the conditions of the Government contract. Hopefully there will be competitive bids awarded to just a few providers. The catch may be that there will be requirements to place the chargers in low-use (and therefor unprofitable) locations.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
But it didn't sound like the plan was to open the Superchargers up in the US yet. It sounded like they were going to start in Europe, where the connectors are already in place, and then move on from there. (But they were already working on the adapter and logistics for it, so maybe US will come fairly quickly.)
That's not what I remember from the call.

No but if I want to see a bunch of reddit content with zero added I'll go to reddit.
Sounds like you do not want to see reddit content, so you added a firewall filter to block them.
As a results, you have seen some empty posts with the reddit content filtered out -- exactly as desired by your firewall filter!
Working as intended!

So you already have a perfectly working solution to enforce your personal preference.
Then why are you complaining and want to restrict what others post if you do not see them anyway ???