Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Each year Morgan Stanley surveys their summer interns to see how the next generation views the world. Here are their results related to the auto industry this year. The results won't necessarily be a shocker to the people here, but they are probably eye opening to others. The world be changing.

1627663379442.png
1627663486742.png
1627663548039.png
1627663578694.png

Last edited:
Gene and his team is informed enough to brand themselves as TSLA bulls. They provide insight into other things as well, so I will give them a break.

People tend to forget that the information presented on this forum is pure gold.
We have a group of very talented people focused exclusively on TSLA. This is rare and we shouldn't take this for granted.

Elon promised the biggest redistribution of wealth the market has ever seen and quite a few people on this forum will get their yachts, Gulfstreams and islands if they stay the course and stay patient.
Let's be specific please: " . . . their ELECTRIC yachts, ELECTRIC Gulfstreams . . . ."

Otherwise, we'd be doing the opposite of Tesla's mission, and that would be a very bad thing as we have but one planet. (And it's pretty much burning up.)

Those of us on this thread, of all people, really MUST be part of the solution, not part of the problem:

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.​

--Anna Lappe

See:

Yesterday, a patent application filed by Tesla's materials research team on the new alumin(i)um alloy developed for the giga-castings was published.

I wrote a thread on Twitter discussing (to a somewhat technical level, but simplified) the development process and the results presented in that filing.

I closed my son's 715 covered call this morning for a 50% gain. Would have had more if I had closed it yesterday. I still think there is a chance we dip early next week on July China delivery FUD, but I didn't want to risk his shares getting called away since Fidelity has not approved his account for Level 2 Options (to sell cash secured Puts). I will see how high we go today, and maybe sell new CC near end of day if we are over 700.

Not an old timer but I’ve been trading (Not just buying and holding) since the mid-2010s.

I think the challenge w/ Tesla stock right now is that we’re still unwinding a lot of that Gamma created last year, when really fortunate investors bought long dated OTM options. For example, OI on September $120 calls is 3,412!

I think this was the basis for most bear cases, and why they took out large put positions in Q1. They rightfully assumed that Tesla stock would spend the first half of the year unwinding gamma from last year, and that a larger than expected market sell off would tank everything

Tesla stock has held on though. I’d say it’s done better than expected (My personal view was sub-$400).

For now - Market Makers can manipulate options on both sides to get their desired outcomes (They are making a killing off of Tesla), but the right whale can easily send this to the moon.
Or a dividend split that causes actual share reconciliation.

They be burnin floats to keep it under 700 is my guess. Monday's gonna be amazing I think when this unwinds!

Today is a classic gamma squeeze. Over 200k 700c expire today. Someone (or many someones) started buying OTM calls earlier this week and now they're close to being ITM. You can check @Papafox's daily thread and look back at the "max pain" charts from M-W -> you'll see a lot fewer calls at 700 than there are now.

Setting the record straight...good job Elon!

View attachment 689967

It was already set back in April....https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/05/tim-cook-says-he-has-never-spoken-to-elon-musk-but-has-great-admiration-for-tesla-and-their-lead-in-electric-vehicles/

You know I’ve never spoken to Elon, although I have great admiration and respect for the company he has built. I think Tesla has done an unbelievable job of not only establishing the lead but keeping the lead for such a long period of time in the EV space. So I have great appreciation for them.

Each year Morgan Stanley surveys their summer interns to see how the next generation views the world. Here are their results related to the auto industry this year. The results won't necessarily a shocker to the people here, but they are probably eye opening to others. The world be changing.
While one could question the wisdom of interning at somewhere like Morgan Stanley in the first place, it seems like they should hire some of those wise interns.

While one could question the wisdom of interning at somewhere like Morgan Stanley in the first place, it seems like they should hire some of those wise interns.
This almost looks like MS is trying to use Tesla to influence interns to go there instead of Goldman, Citi, etc.....More free advertising for Tesla :)

My 3:
Piper Sandler (Alexander Potter)
New Street (Pierre Ferragu)
ARK

I like Dan Ives at Wedbush because he can be a great cheerleader but when I hear him speak I can see that most on this forum know more than he does.
Also Ben Kallo at Baird provides some good insights when interviewed but I can never seem to find any details on his analysis.
Here's Ben Kallo's latest note if it's helpful.

1627666550520.png
1627666579428.png
1627666602518.png

Up a little, just not up as much as NKLA. 🤐

Journalism has always been a skummy profession. Agreed. ;)
Walter Cronkite might disagree with you at least regarding TV journalism. Yes there is a long time history of yellow journalism and I don't understand how anyone reads the checkout periodical trash (Starlet having Space Aliens baby) but I think most mainstream media at least think they are telling the truth. The financial media certainly seems to be on a different planet from what I see on CNBC and Bloomberg and in the WSJ (though to be honest I haven't subscribed to that in over a decade so maybe it is different now). Maybe it was different way back when.

I think even us bulls would be surprised by just how much younger people favor Tesla over other brands.
I just gave a test drive to my 20 years old nephew 2 weeks ago in my Model Y and he was reacting the same way I would have reacted driving a Lambo at his age.

Tesla represents to the Zoomers and the Millenials what Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari were to us when we were young.

Each year Morgan Stanley surveys their summer interns to see how the next generation views the world. Here are their results related to the auto industry this year. The results won't necessarily be a shocker to the people here, but they are probably eye opening to others. The world be changing.

View attachment 689960View attachment 689961View attachment 689962View attachment 689963
Well, if I was the boss I’d now know exactly which interns to hire and which to send down the road to my competitors.