Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know he's a useless douchebag with essentially zero technical or executive successes to his name. Not questioning the board, just wondering why him instead of say.....literally anyone else. Apparently he was even considered the frontrunner to be chair after the SEC fiasco. Seems strange considering he's done pretty much nothing and isn't(that I'm aware of) a trusted insider who would just rubber stamp Elon's plans.
Whether or not any of his jobs translate to significant accomplishments is a different question but hard to understand why you would call him a "useless douchebag" and still be on the Telsa board. Can you expand on your reasoning otherwise your comment is useless.

James Murdoch | Tesla Investor Relations

Beta 10 absolutely will have an impact on the stock the moment it goes to wide release, not just beta users....which will be much sooner than 6 months. Direct financial impacts the moment the Button shows up.

Also, it doesn't look like Elon's the only one that thinks public release is close at this point

(Hint....the guy works on the FSD team)

FSD being trained on a PS5. Chip shortage in full effect I guess.

Saw another mule out testing today. I asked my captain to take a pic since I was driving…i told them “look…how cool; finally, an electric car that may have competitive specs to the model S.”

I asked what they thought; and they were a little meh. When I said it was 170k; my firefighter said “shut the frunk up, that Toyota Camry lookin thing?”

I still wish them the best; but they may need to work on that price a bit.
View attachment 704071
View attachment 704072

Don’t judge; he’s a better fireman than he is a photographer.
@FireMedic, let me get this straight. Your FD Captain is taking photos of passing Lucid. I'm sure Lucid now has given their testers instructions to stear clear of fire trucks.
Looking at your shadow, the drag coefficient of your fire engine seems a little high, another ripe opportunity for Tesla in due time. In due time.
Lucid will sell every car they can make, unfortunately I do not expect that to mean very much.

Our Model Y has been in Tempe service for 3 days and still not assigned to a Technician yet. This could be indicating general Q3 growth or a problem in service and didn't see it coming or some issue IDK. So why would they ask me to bring in the car still? They even told me it would be there a while when I dropped it off, so they knew this Mon mornining.

Anyway, I chaulk it up to growing pains. Besides, Uber was a trip, and my app was about 3 yr old. That sure changed a lot and so did the price.
Meanwhile... Uber without an FSD plan - that can't go well fairly soon. They just barely pulled a profit.

Beta 10 absolutely will have an impact on the stock the moment it goes to wide release, not just beta users....which will be much sooner than 6 months. Direct financial impacts the moment the Button shows up.

Also, it doesn't look like Elon's the only one that thinks public release is close at this point

(Hint....the guy works on the FSD team)
I want that shirt!

I'm telling ya guys, Elon is prepping the field for a new crop of Tesla home-grown semi-conductors... :D

With the new product line-up, we're gonna need that FAB.

Cheers!

After AI day it seems to me having your own foundry might actually makes sense. Probably it’s going to be in the same complex in Austin.

We should hear about it soon, if that’s the case. Can’t hide too long the details of building one.

Saw another mule out testing today. I asked my captain to take a pic since I was driving…i told them “look…how cool; finally, an electric car that may have competitive specs to the model S.”

I asked what they thought; and they were a little meh. When I said it was 170k; my firefighter said “shut the frunk up, that Toyota Camry lookin thing?”

I still wish them the best; but they may need to work on that price a bit.
View attachment 704071
View attachment 704072

Don’t judge; he’s a better fireman than he is a photographer.
For me I just can't get over how much it looks like a concept car Buick. It looks good for a Buick, but it does not look like a $100,000 car. They are overvalued on the stock by 10x though I think they will survive and maybe even prosper. But they are not going to make more than 10,000 cars in the next 24 months. So yes, I would buy Lucid stock at around $2 a share. And no, I will not short them or any electric car stock.

Today's afternoon price action looking a little shenanniganny, just like yesterday. (Yes that's a word).
I wonder how 16 JUN 2023 LEAP, $1000 strike prices incongruously drop to ~$120 every day... does MM just say, "OK, this is the price now", or do they tweak some other specific Black-Scholes factor? Or is this just happening on it's own somehow?

Shares can be "borrowed" or conjured up by brokerages or those otherwise in control... Do they do the same with option contracts?

@FireMedic, let me get this straight. Your FD Captain is taking photos of passing Lucid. I'm sure Lucid now has given their testers instructions to stear clear of fire trucks.
Looking at your shadow, the drag coefficient of your fire engine seems a little high, another ripe opportunity for Tesla in due time. In due time.
Lucid will sell every car they can make, unfortunately I do not expect that to mean very much.
We were at a stoplight next to the lucid…that’s the most disappointing part of the photo quality. If we were moving we’d have been lucky to get a picture of a wheel!

I wonder how 16 JUN 2023 LEAP, $1000 strike prices incongruously drop to ~$120 every day... does MM just say, "OK, this is the price now", or do they tweak some other specific Black-Scholes factor? Or is this just happening on it's own somehow?

Shares can be "borrowed" or conjured up by brokerages or those otherwise in control... Do they do the same with option contracts?
Seems like that is simply and demand on a rather illiquid instrument. only 66 trades today on that.

Maybe need to keep out near term expectations for Gigaberlin in check somewhat:

C7D08A98-B138-46F2-B231-39423928E598.jpeg

View attachment 704117
We can have 17 new factories done tomorrow, but without parts Tesla can't ship anything.

So Tesla is working at max capacity of what the supply chain can handle, so until that situation gets better it really doesn't matter how many gigafactories come online in the near term.

View attachment 704117

That about how Shanghai worked out. Right before Jan 2020 the first delivery happened, by the end of June 50k, then finally Oct 2020 they hit the 5,000 per week run rate for the 3. Covid did slow things down, so maybe a couple months earlier to hit the targeted run rate. 175k is probably the low end for Berlin in 2022, 300k is probably the high end. Austin likely is a bit more with Cybertruk being built out at the same time.

Years ago Tesla showed that they would buy the technology that was constrained for them. I can't see how chips are not receiving similar attention. They have a lot of growth planned for 2022 and leaving their destiny under the control of a third party does not sit well.

Will Optimus (which arguably is a large part of their future plans) be pushed out? I really dislike the need for a fab but it is hard to resolve the supply chain resolution working well.

ut to be another - please don’t make me explain that further.

2) You (personally) also don’t know what you’ve not experienced unless you’re in some serious incognito position and you’re the one distributing money to said government on Tesla’s behalf. And no, we aren’t accepting media information on the t

View attachment 704117
This message is 8 months old !?

Years ago Tesla showed that they would buy the technology that was constrained for them. I can't see how chips are not receiving similar attention. They have a lot of growth planned for 2022 and leaving their destiny under the control of a third party does not sit well.

Will Optimus (which arguably is a large part of their future plans) be pushed out? I really dislike the need for a fab but it is hard to resolve the supply chain resolution working well.

i don’t think it makes sense for Tesla to build a fab for its core highest spec chips (like the in car FSD computer or Dojo‘s D1), as Tesla would want these chips, along with future iterations, to be built on the latest fab technology, which are constantly improving every year or two - so a Tesla owned FAB would be out of date for these chips almost by the time it’s built.

However for all the other chips in a car which don’t require cutting edge FAB nodes, maybe it would make sense for Tesla to buy a fab right now off of someone (as presumably these chips don’t change and could continue using such a fab for years to come). I have no idea though how easy this would be to do (buying an older FAB) - given the high demand and likely long pre-existing order book for any fab in operation already.

• Helpful
Reactions: capster