Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tell myself, NO MORE.
But I keep buying. Some day my children will spend it.
The context is different from what I’m about to write, but the relevance is the same.

It used to be a maxim effectively confined to….ah, shall we say, the Country Club Set…I would be so disappointed in “all” of you were the following to be broadening its reach:

Rags to Riches to Rags in three generations.

I resemble that comment. :D
I just ranted about MM shenanigans and being a bit gun-shy about next week, then turned around and started buying calls like it was Black Friday at Walmart! What on earth is wrong with me?

If history of my behavior is any guide, we'll see a deeper drop next week that I should have waited on(because I literally described it's likelihood). Fortunately I have the cash to double down if necessary, and I will.

I guess I'm out of touch because all those sound like a reason to buy, especially if the Budget Reconciliation ever gets passed. Most people are pretty stupid aren't they?
My neighbor says his Y is ready but he is not picking it up because he is waiting for the budget to pass. '$10k difference!' Hope they deliver it to somebody else.

Last edited:
Timing is everything as I invested in several ARK funds early this year and I am mostly under water. And definitely below any of the indexes.

Are you a speculator or an investor? If the former, timing is everything, if the latter, time in the market beats trying to time the market.

If you are lucky you will have both.

Last edited:
z
Aaaaaand this is why I just picked up a P3. lol

I was thinking when the EV credit legislation passes (probably Oct but won't take affect until Jan 1st), that Tesla would probably need to temporarily drop the price by like 2-3k of the 3/Y to incentivize enough current reservation/order holders to take delivery. But demand is so high that now I think there would probably be enough people willing to get their 3/Y earlier and forgo getting the ev credit. I also expect Tesla to announce a 2-3k price hike when the EV credit does pass and state that if you're willing to take delivery before end of the year, new orders would get their 3/Y at the pre-price hike price.

Also..... when Q3 P/D numbers come out and if Fremont had normal production rates like in Q2 or even expands a bit (because of MIC battery pack SR 3's), then the whole narrative that each time delivery times for new orders get extended is because of supply shortages.....needs to die. We're just at an inflection point of demand.

Even when Giga Texas get's up to some decent volume, the EV tax credit is going to cause so much demand that I wouldn't be surprised if 3/Y are sold out for 2022 by March or April, especially if Tesla does end up getting 10k of the credit

Last edited:
Seems like the dangling rebate/credit should be a bigger deal to Tesla sales. Somehow it is not. They are not exactly helping with the uncertainty.
I don’t intend to get a model 3. But if there was a $10k rebate, I would. I am waiting for my cyber Now. A $10k incentive would not change fort for Tesla that much as things are sold out. But when two new factories are going it might make a difference.

More free advertising for Tesla. Model S and X in this new high budget Pepsi ad.

The men’s jackets even have a big “T” on the back 😂 38 second time stamp for anyone curious.

I wonder how much a production like this costs. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more. It’s kind of mind boggling

Last edited:
That was for the old Plaid+ that was discontinued. (Extra areo, brakes, larger battery, etc.)

7:35 is for the full track. 7:30 is for the slightly shorter run that is often timed. (Elon's tweet included both times.)
If we get closer to 710 next week, I think I'm leaning in a bit harder because... Q3.
Yes I’ve decided to double our stake (wife agrees). Shifted funds to do that yesterday/today. Nowhere near levels of some, but not pennies in front of the steam roller..

I was thinking when the EV credit legislation passes (probably Oct but won't take affect until Jan 1st), that Tesla would probably need to temporarily drop the price by like 2-3k of the 3/Y to incentivize enough current reservation/order holders to take delivery.

No need. The cap will be eliminated retroactively for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021. Then on Jan 1st, 2022 a new scheme will take effect.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari