Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has someone hacked her account ? She even published this at the end of the article:

"Auto Forecast Solutions Vice President Sam Fiorani agreed. He said, “Tesla has such a head start on the competition in the EV market that it is unlikely for anyone to pass them anytime soon. The Cult of Tesla will keep buyers attached to the brand for years to come. Even Audi and Mercedes are finding it difficult to tap into the same type of aura. While their market share will decrease, Tesla will keep the leadership position for years to come without a major misstep from within the company.”

Ah yes, the Cult of Tesla is what is driving people to not buy inferior cars from VW, Audi, Mercedes and others.

It’s a real mystery that luxury German automakers can’t get people to overpay for their brands.

You’ve got a broken leg. Do you want a bandaid or a cast?

I see the situation with earth's climate as more pressing than a mere broken leg.

Your leg is severed and you are dying of blood loss. Do you want a band-aid or a tourniquet?

Just say no to plug-in hybrids. They use batteries that could be used to create a fully BEV fleet. The gas engines in hybrids will be polluting long past the time that all new cars are pure EV's.

Last edited:
CNBC actually reported the consensus number correctly........I'm actually surprised. Saw a couple other articles trying to say the consensus was 229k

CNBC just changed their strategy this time. Right below the deliveries headline on the main page they've posted two negative articles - one about Chamath selling and one about Elon fighting with Biden and the SEC. These are both re-published articles from last Wednesday..

1633194821765.png

CNBC just changed their strategy this time. Right below the deliveries headline on the main page they've posted two negative articles - one about Chamath selling and one about Elon fighting with Biden and the SEC. These are both re-published articles from last Wednesday..

View attachment 717103
So, back to norminal CNBS operations then?

Massive number and great to see! S production is also climbing! 15-20k should be possible there in in Q4 and China is obviously humming along. Some contributions from Austin and Berlin… Q4 should be even more insane.

Non-GAAP EPS for Q3 should be over 2.10 too (2.25-2.30 is possible). Two massive beats in a row. We are going to see significant revisions for 2022 estimates as we get into November. That should be a massive catalyst through the end of the year. I think we see over 1000 by December and setting up for 1250 early 2022. The EPS is climbing so fast it can’t be ignored anymore or passed off as a one off.

237,823 Production
241,300 Deliveries

Wow - very close to my estimates.

View attachment 717073

You nailed it! Good job!

I think legacy auto will be just fine. Maybe not Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mazda because they refuse to innovate, but the rest will be fine. My Ford stock has outperformed my Tesla stock by a pretty massive margin.

Wow! It looks like you were really late to the TSLA party! But better late than never. If you want to make real returns you will convert those Ford shares to TSLA shares without delay and ride the wave of the future. Don't worry about which performs better in the next few months and check back with me in 3 years to let me know how I did.

Hint: It's hard to excel when "software" is a foreign word.

Has someone hacked her account ? She even published this at the end of the article:

"Auto Forecast Solutions Vice President Sam Fiorani agreed. He said, “Tesla has such a head start on the competition in the EV market that it is unlikely for anyone to pass them anytime soon. The Cult of Tesla will keep buyers attached to the brand for years to come. Even Audi and Mercedes are finding it difficult to tap into the same type of aura. While their market share will decrease, Tesla will keep the leadership position for years to come without a major misstep from within the company.”

She will likely have the hack cleared up JUST before market open on Monday.
Not if her handlers are positioned now and will ride the exponential growth from now on.

The
🤡
s did their job for all this time. Ha ha

Funny how they will become relevant by doing an 180turn, and people will still post their stuff.
😂

Jurnalism. Right.
🙄

edit: not sure how I got them big emojis. 😂

CNBC actually reported the consensus number correctly........I'm actually surprised. Saw a couple other articles trying to say the consensus was 229k

Also..........." Tesla is also planning to host its annual shareholder meeting at its plant, now under construction, near Austin on October 7. Musk previously threatened to move Tesla’s headquarters out of California in the spring of 2020 when the state’s Covid-related health orders required Tesla’s Fremont factory to temporarily suspend operations for a few weeks.

At the time, California Gov. Gavin Newsom told CNBC he was “not worried about Elon leaving any time soon,” and voiced support for Tesla."

Yeah, you better be worried now Gavin. Tesla changing the location to Austin on the P/D report is a clear sign Elon's leaving soon.
Shorter flight from Austin to Boca Chica. Until the tunnel is finished.

You know Legacy Auto makers are scared when they have to advertise like this:

View attachment 717104

View attachment 717105
I just ‘sold’ two Teslas by giving lifts to two friends 5 miles to the pub and back in my Model 3. Blown away doesn’t begin to describe it.

I’ve given plenty of friends lifts in BMWs and Porsches in the past: impressed, maybe, but I don’t think anyone came away from that experience desperate to buy.

BMW, in particular, are doomed, and deservedly so.

Yeah, you better be worried now Gavin. Tesla changing the location to Austin on the P/D report is a clear sign Elon's leaving soon.
Moving HQ doesn't mean much. After all so many HQs are a PO Box in some tax shelter island.

What matters is technical excellence. Thats very difficult to move ...

It will be enough for Tesla to claim a >1% unit share globally

Tesla market share in units sold:
2019: 0.38%
2020: 0.64%
2021: 1.08% (est)

Revenue share is probably roughly double these numbers
Another important milestone could be Tesla becoming the highest selling luxury car brand in US. Looks like Tesla might beat BMW this year ...

BMW YTD : 243K
Tesla YTD : 240k (Troy estimate)

Ah yes, the Cult of Tesla is what is driving people to not buy inferior cars from VW, Audi, Mercedes and others.

It’s a real mystery that luxury German automakers can’t get people to overpay for their brands.
I had a long conversation with a senior GM exec a couple of weeks back. His ’belief’ is that Teslas are only purchased by whacky (“Tesla Cult”) types who want to make a statement (Californians basically). When I explained that my purchasing decision came off the back of a spreadsheet calculation of likely lifetime cost of ownership he implied I may be the only person to have bought a Tesla through a rational decision process.

He believes Elon is ”clever but crazy”. He believes Mary will turn GM into an EV behemoth.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him just how little time I believe they have………