Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Porsche to recall every Taycan in the U.S. for AEB issues.

Luckily they can just OTA upda—- woops nope gotta bring it in person!

Porsche to recall every Taycan in the U.S. for AEB issues.

Luckily they can just OTA upda—- woops nope gotta bring it in person!

Yeah, but it is only ~11k vehicles, even though it is every one sold in the US, so not really a big deal.

Mama Cathie sells 2,977 shares of TSLA on the eve of earnings!

1634614891886.png

The end is near, we are DOOMED.

/s

TMC members be like 2,977 shares is a rounding error in their holdings. :eek:

💎🙌 over here. Even long calls, not even talking share.

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol, 799K shares traded at 5:02 p.m. in the After-hrs session. Ya think some MM's covering? :p

View attachment 723054

Cheers!

Final daily volume numbers are out from NASDAQ, and today saw HUGE volume during the After-hrs session with almost no change in the share price: (top daily scores ranked by After-hrs volume percent of Daily volume)

TSLA.2021-10-18.Volume.Details.png

As you can see (highlighted in YELLOW above), today's After-hrs session ranked #15 all-time for TSLA at 10.05% of all today's volume traded during the AFter-hrs session (this was >2.2M shares). Other daily sessions with higher % After-hrs volume were "Event" days like Earnings Call, or the 5:1 Stock Split announcement (2020-08-11)

Again, most facinating that the SP did not change appreciably After-hrs, indicating that these were preplanned sales (either Options executing or MMs balancing w. other large funds ie: short covering).

So then, what EXACTLY was today's BIG EVENT? Did a big short capitulate? Haha, we'll likely never know in time to take advantage of the change, what with quarterly filings being due 45 DAYS after the end of the Quarter. If this WAS a large fund buying to cover, we won't see it in the SEC Filings until about Feb 15, 2022. Lol, transparency... its more like a smoke screen to cover a deliberate withdrawal.

And what does this all mean for tomorrow? More buying interest headed into Earnings, of course! ;)

Cheers!

Final daily volume numbers are out from NASDAQ, and today saw HUGE volume during the After-hrs session with almost no change in the share price: (top daily scores ranked by After-hrs volume percent of Daily volume)

View attachment 723166

As you can see (highlighted in YELLOW above), today's After-hrs session ranked #15 all-time for TSLA at 10.05% of all today's volume traded during the AFter-hrs session (this was >2.2M shares). Other daily sessions with higher % After-hrs volume were "Event" days like Earnings Call, or the 5:1 Stock Split announcement (2020-08-11)

Again, most facinating that the SP did not change appreciably After-hrs, indicating that these were preplanned sales (either Options executing or MMs balancing w. other large funds ie: short covering).

So then, what EXACTLY was today's BIG EVENT? Did a big short capitulate? Haha, we'll likely never know in time to take advantage of the change, what with quarterly filings being due 45 DAYS after the end of the Quarter. If this WAS a large fund buying to cover, we won't see it in the SEC Filings until about Feb 15, 2022. Lol, transparency... its more like a smoke screen to cover a deliberate withdrawal.

And what does this all mean for tomorrow? More buying interest headed into Earnings, of course! ;)

Cheers!
Elon sorting his taxes out with some dark-pool trades?

As @Singuy states, the show and tell is the first 48min.
If you don't have 48 min, do what I did.
I put the video on 2x speed and advanced 5 seconds (hitting the right arrow on the keyboard) often right after the presenter made his main point. There is a lot of Q&A going on with 2 other participants on the video. I watched the first 48min this way and completed it in 7 min.
Even with this 7 min version, I found this video very worthwhile.
🙏 you’re a life saver. This technique works on Apple TV too 😂

Oh man I just looked at a graph of my taxable account + Roth IRA balance (does not include my IRA which is another 50% of this)

View attachment 723053

Went from $100k in May 19 to this. Wow! Thanks guys!
Congrats! That looks a lot like Tesla's stock graph...! 🤔😂

If only I found TSLA (and the investing world in general) back then. Been a Tesla fan for years, but TSLA quite astonishingly evaded me.

Although I'm doing OK since Sept 2020 so can't complain.

I'm going to have to figure out how to actually treat some quantity of my shares as sellable. I haven't figured out how to do this. I keep buying shares, often with liquid funds with the thought that it's better than 0.0000001% interest, but I can never convince myself to sell because it's always going higher any day now and selling today would be a bad decision in xx months or years. It's probably related to some shares I sold in 2013 & 2014 that I need to just get over...

Perfect example is as I look over my numbers for ordering a MY, I want to put $12K down to get the monthly where I want it, but then think "I'd be much better off buying TSLA with that $12k and paying Tesla 2.5% on it". But, I realize once I buy those shares, I'd inevitably consider them core, HODL, and not see the money again (for years)...
It's a hard problem. I don't have money to buy more (I just bought a couple in the 500s, the only ones I could afford) and generally I'm struggling to understand what to do with the money I have.
I thought I wanted to hodl until 2030, but it's a lot of time, and my life could be massively improved if in a couple of years I buy a better home for me and my family (one with a garden for my little son, who's three now) and if I take a sabbatical to read, study and write. I don't want to stop working (I actually could, right now, if I lived in this house I could literally retire in my 30s), but there is a balance I've not found between greed (these shares coudl go 10x in 10 years!) and enjoy the right things at the right moment (no luxury for me, but maybe a better place to live, more nature for my kid, liberate my partner form a job she's struggling with, etc.).
I love TSLA but I don't like the greed that grows within me.

TSLA knocking on the door already hit $880 in the early Pre-market on good volume + macro tailwinds:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,326.00 +35.50 (+0.23%)
As of 5:26AM EDT. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 19, 2021 05:31 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$878 +7.89 (+0.91%)
Pre-Market Volume53,810
Pre-Market High$879 (05:25:33 AM)
Pre-Market Low$874.7 (04:00:53 AM)

EDIT: Mischief managed. :D

Pre-Market High$880.00 (05:41:40 AM)

Last edited:
@aubreymcfato
You are and you will be fine, growing greed is normal. What is important is you recognizing it.
Once recognized greed is already under control and working for you .. it puts brakes on blowing it all on not important stuff.

What is important enough for you to spend some of it on, is up to you to decide.

#financialFreedom