Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you think Hertz will just eat the energy costs? I doubt that.
I think they will come up with a plan exactly like they do ICE cars.; Return it full or return it with less and they will charge you for what was used.
They may not charge extra for the charge there but i don't see them trying to raise prices of rental rate to cover the energy costs nor do I see them eating it.
Each tesla supercharging session will be added to your bill in real time. Hertz will have a separate unique billing identifier for each car (as we do). Easy-Peasy as they say...

There have been 23.9M shares traded in the Main Session through Noon, on top of the amazing 1.75M volume in the Pre-market.

Let's get that into the permanent record here at TMC University (it'll help when teaching those 1st-years...) ;)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Oct 25, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Oct 26, 2021 04:00 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$951.63 +41.95 (+4.61%)
Pre-Market Volume1,751,313
Pre-Market High$953.19 (08:00:06 AM)
Pre-Market Low$910.01 (04:00:00 AM)

View attachment 725503

CH33RS!
To better realize the movement convert it to Money. How much Money traded hands?

I don't think Hertz is buying FSD yet.
Else 100K * 10K = 1Billion on just FSD alone ;)
Presumably they ’get’ robotaxis, so I’d be surprised if FSD wasn’t in the mix somewhere. If I’m mistaken, I’d be obliged if someone, somewhere would be so kind as to eat their hat.;)

Besides, they don’t need FSD in all cars to allow them to balance rentals vs rides, they’re not getting all the cars at once, and they‘ve made an order which presumably locks in today’s prices. These observations may afford some flexibility on the financial side especially as FSD will be coming to maturity in about the same time frame.

edit: And, of course, there are FSD subscriptions.

edit again: Also there would be labor savings—shuffling cars around, self-drive through car washes, …— as well.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
I had to do a double-take because initially I thought this was a random troll, given the quality of the reply.

It turns out she’s Head of Communications, Marketing, & Public Affairs at Waymo 🥴

Thank god, Tesla doesn’t have a PR department (Gary can go … sell his shares) and this confirms that Tesla is on the right path to FSD.
I reallly dislike getting in internet brawls, but I had to respond to this as it made my blood boil to be lumped in with such tripe!

Holy sh!t!!!!!

LOL these were my first words when pulling up my stock app this morning! :eek:

I had to do a double-take because initially I thought this was a random troll, given the quality of the reply.

It turns out she’s Head of Communications, Marketing, & Public Affairs at Waymo 🥴

Thank god, Tesla doesn’t have a PR department (Gary can go … sell his shares) and this confirms that Tesla is on the right path to FSD.
That Omar guy is an idiot to even reference Jan 6th. Loose tongue sinks ships.

Reactions: elasalle