Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wrong about what? are you saying the Supercharging network isn't the main selling point for a lot of Tesla buyers? Or that Tesla charging non-teslas more to charge will result in people not buying a Non-Tesla just to save a few dollars a year in charging?

As another poster mentioned, maybe it doesn't matter because there would be more than enough demand for Tesla's, even after ramping up to millions of vehicles per year, for reasons other than having the Supercharging network exclusivity.
Wrong about it affecting Tesla’s demand. Wrong about it being the only advantage or even the main reason most people buy a Tesla.

The first you have to take my word for it. The second, though, is all over the Internet. It can be difficult to remember that your reality is not necessarily the world’s ‘main’ reality, or even if it’s your circle’s reality, yours is not the only circle in the world.

I would think the launch and subsequent quick trip back to earth of every single Tesla killer would have clued you in that there’s a whole lot more complexity than ‘the only advantage is the SuperCharger Network’; all of which have been discussed exhaustively here.

Buy the EV that works for you, but hold your TSLA regardless of anything you or your circle think is going to happen. You can’t even begin to imagine what’s coming.

And what do other brands have to pay to use the Tesla Supercharger network in The Netherlands:

The prices vary a little per location:
€0,57- €0,62/kWh and €0,24-€0,29/kWh with a subscription.
Cost of subscription is €12,99/month.

Are those prices the cost in addition to what a Tesla owner pays (which in turn depends on "today's price of electricity") or is that the full pricing details?

Reactions: navguy12
Opening up the chargers probably will lose Tesla a fair number of sales. But it also will gain them. It's impossible to know the net gain or loss in advance.

Meanwhile, if chargers are to be subsidized by the government and openness is a condition of this subsidy, it makes sense for Tesla not to lose this subsidy.

I do not wish to see the GM charger network be funded at the expense of Tesla's supercharger network. You can be sure that's why GM announced a large charger network a few days ago.

I'll be pretty amazed if stock ends the day materially higher (above 2% higher). Lot of volume and sell orders flooding in on every spike higher. Feels like the kitchen sink is being thrown at the stock to prevent a breakout. They definitely gotta be hoping they just withstand the early buying volume and hope it dries up.

Can't imagine the scramble if it does still breakout though later in the week.

What does a Tesla pay at those locations?
And what do other brands have to pay to use the Tesla Supercharger network in The Netherlands:

The prices vary a little per location:
€0,57- €0,62/kWh and €0,24-€0,29/kWh with a subscription.
Cost of subscription is €12,99/month.
Those prices (with a subscription) look practically the same as for a Tesla. Without subscription they are meaningfull lower than Ionity, and slightly lower than FastNed.
The subscription cost is 1 euro/month higher than FastNed, and 5 euro/month lower than Ionity.
If I was a Dutch non-tesla driver, I’d cancel my FastNed or Ionity subcription.

It’s ridiculous to pay 3 subscriptions to get preferential acces to all the fast chargers. Hopefully these 3 will one day allow preferential access to each other.

Got 750 more shares at these ATH prices :)

Being addicted to selling CC's - sold Jan 23 2250 against all core shares.
(+never leave un hedged - downside protection)
Used monies to buy more shares.

Looking forward to hitting 2250 :). New shares acquired will always have Delta of 1, CC's sold have Delta of < .3. New shares will provide the required cushion to balance. Game is to not try to lose original shares.
(have one more life to roll to 2024 though).

Should SP goes down from here, new shares go back into Calls ;)

Last edited:
Amusing that bears focus on car sales when Tesla's business fundamentally changed today as Tesla is now a mass transport energy supplier.

It's equally as amusing when you realize how much of the charging service market share Tesla has when you look at how many superchargers they have out against the competition + how much they have coming online in the coming years. It's like Tesla owns 75% of all the "EV" gas stations in the world. :oops: