Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My worst case would be like to sell 100 shares
Close as many CCs as possible and live to fight another day
Once CCs are closed would likely be tempted to sell far OTM 2024 calls and repeat the strategy/gains/losses all over again;)

+ accumulated 4.6X initial X shares with mainly this strategy- so called I do have some ammo in the bank
Weekend assignment is over
Even though I lost nearly 2000 Deltas in past 2 weeks - after all calculations - if I close all Calls and CC today I get to buy 700 more shares;)
CC against all calls and shares but CCs are 1500 and more strikes
Where as Calls mostly in 800-900 range

The quick rise in deltas of far OTM calls and the number of CCs seem to have skewed the results

Managing this now and I get out with like 35% profits- time to buy at ATHs ;)
Have to get out of this mess today and start with a clean slate

Last edited:
Might want to buckle up.

1635768858042.jpeg

Attachments

• 1635768879806.jpeg
    1635768879806.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I have experienced this when Tesla went to 900 pre split. Everyone was talking about Tesla. I hear conversations in the lunch room and passing patrons at Disney. That was when my friend followed the "if shoe shiners are talking about it then it's time to sell". He sold 2 out of the 3 presplit shares.

Your friend made the right decision selling at 900, the stock went down to 350 after that. But I guess he forgot to get back in at those lower levels :rolleyes:

Your friend made the right decision selling at 900, the stock went down to 350 after that. But I guess he forgot to get back in at those lower levels. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure a black swan event like covid kept a lot of people from buying the dip because it was so different and in conjunction people were expecting a market crash for half a decade.

But jokes on him, people still talk about Tesla today even more so than before. Didn't stop Tesla from reaching ATH. Biggest misconception, there is no top.

Interesting. Opening up the supercharger network should help sell non Tesla EVs. I know a lot of people that are getting an EV for their next car and were leaning towards Tesla because if the supercharger network but would get a non Tesla if it was open to everyone.

I know demand is through the roof currently but is anyone concerned that long term this could put a big dent in Tesla sales?
NO

By the way, you don't need to wait for the annual shareholders' meeting to seek approval to authorize more shares.
I believe this can be done anytime with a Consent Solicitation:

Edit: Paging @Knightshade for confirmation as I believe he has done some research here.

AFAIK the board can ask for a vote on this any time- and can even announce a split "pending" the positive outcome of such a vote they announce at the same time.

I'm sorta torn on that- it'd be obvious why they're calling for such a vote with JUST the vote announcement, so almost seems like you'd get a double dip of screw the shorts if they JUST announced the authorization vote without including a split announcement initially.

Per my earlier reply, use Booking.com to find hotels and BnB's with EV charging stations (it's a filter).
The point of my post was not about finding a place with ev charging. I found that easy enough on the Tesla web site. I was simply trying to give folks a heads up that even though the hotel confirmed it had a Tesla Destination charger, it wasn't helpful because it only charged at 12 amps.

Lol. Thanks for the thoughtful response. 😉

Just kidding…was just a thought considering that when I was researching to buy a Y most video reviews and comments here in the model y forum, would name the supercharging network as the number one selling point. Remove that selling point and it completely changes the discussion. I didn’t even bother looking at other options because of this.

Glad the consensus here is that this would have no impact on Tesla.

I know demand is through the roof currently but is anyone concerned that long term this could put a big dent in Tesla sales?

"Dent in Tesla sales" = "demand problem".

I don't see Tesla having a demand problem in the foreseeable future. However, if economic conditions change, Tesla has something special up their sleeve. Specifically, they are constantly striving to increase efficiency of manufacture. Compared to Tesla, other automakers only give lip service to this concept and fail to implement the big manufacturing changes required to reduce the cost of manufacture drastically. Big auto see big changes, meaning changes much beyond a cheaper handle or cheaper connector, as too risky. Tesla sees the failure to make big changes as too risky because they know, in the end, it all comes down to how much value they can offer the consumer.

This is what is bringing us the 4680 cells and has already brought us the cost-saving high-pressure cast chassis members.

When you can make a better car for less money you don't run into the demand wall until every other manufacturer is already decimated (or worse). That is called pricing power and is why other automakers are shaking in their boots (even if they show a brave face on mainstream media). If you want proof of how strong this trend is you need look no further than Tesla's quarterly reports over the last three years and compare to their so-called competitors. And there is no indication this trend will be ending anytime soon since it's becoming stronger, not weaker.

Someone saying the only thing standing between Tesla and their competitors is their Supercharger Network is the same thing as saying they don't understand what makes Tesla tick.

Last edited:
That won’t be a deterrent from buying a non Tesla unless you plan on doing a lot of long distance traveling. I have a Y on order and the biggest selling point to me was the supercharging network. If that is opened to all I will reconsider and look into my other options in more detail as I kind of ruled them all out because of this.

For me, most charging will be done at home. Its no big deal If I have to pay a bit more to supercharge a few times a year.

As a TSLA investor, I am looking at it from a long term investment perspective. There is so much going for tesla that I am not selling anytime soon but I do believe this will divert a good amount of sales away from tesla if open to all. Maybe the increased supercharging revenue will offset the sales loss?

At the end of the day this would help advance the mission at least.
This is most rational response to the OP on this topic. I’m in the same boat. Every time I think about another company’s EV I run down a list of disadvantages, that for now outweigh the superior builds of the NON-drivetrain parts of the cars from Volvo, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar etc. So far range alone keeps them out of serious consideration, but if they solve for that, the Supercharger network is a huge barrier to me accepting some other make, even though I don’t use it more than once a month or so. And I’m not alone in regarding that network as a major competitive advantage. For short term, opening it to non-Teslas won’t do much, but in three years when their range is acceptable that is a completely different story.

This is most rational response to the OP on this topic. I’m in the same boat. Every time I think about another company’s EV I run down a list of disadvantages, that for now outweigh the superior builds of the NON-drivetrain parts of the cars from Volvo, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar etc. So far range alone keeps them out of serious consideration, but if they solve for that, the Supercharger network is a huge barrier to me accepting some other make, even though I don’t use it more than once a month or so. And I’m not alone in regarding that network as a major competitive advantage. For short term, opening it to non-Teslas won’t do much, but in three years when their range is acceptable that is a completely different story.

Big picture is that this still helps the goal of speeding up the transition to sustainable energy.

The fact that Tesla will profit from energy sales at the Supercharger to other brands is something most of them won't be doing too. Just like manufacturing, most brands don't have their own charging network, or, are not ramping at a pace like Tesla.

There is plenty of room for all BEVs in the steady march to replace ICE, so not much of a worry there. Telsa will continue to lead the pack due primarily to their technology development and their manufacturing prowess.

It is all good as long as it furthers the goal.

Interesting. Opening up the supercharger network should help sell non Tesla EVs. I know a lot of people that are getting an EV for their next car and were leaning towards Tesla because if the supercharger network but would get a non Tesla if it was open to everyone.

No, because the "competition" isn't making enough vehicles to put a dent in Tesla's sales. (They are already selling almost everything they can make.)