Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look at where Ford and GM make virtually all their profits, then the reason for raising SUV/truck/VAN limits but not sedans becomes obvious.

I don't love the lower income caps on a personal level, but those are at least more understandable as a general thing. Likewise the 1-credit-per-person-per-year limit.
I like the one credit but wish the income caps were lower. If someone wants to blow 70k on an ev and makes $400k a year than go for it, just don't expect society to compensate. I'd be happy at $150k income cap

Wealthy individuals with more than $10 million in retirement savings would have to draw down their accounts each year, but only if they make more than $400,000 a year single or $450,000 married.

So if my TSLA somehow takes me over $10 million I'm still going to be pulling less than $400,000 a year in my projected distributions unless it goes over $15 million before I retire.

Doesn't seem like a problem to me, maybe some of the others on this board would have to shuffle some money around but even then it's doable to avoid this issue. The article mentions multiple types of tax shelters you could use to avoid it.

Everyone needs to stop boasting about their gains on here ASAP. Maybe they figured since they can't get Elon's TSLA money, they'll take it from his loyal followers instead. Nancy might even be on this forum, trying to decide if she should exercise her calls or just let them ride.

Wealthy individuals with more than $10 million in retirement savings would have to draw down their accounts each year
How many incremental Roadster sales will occur?
Believe there is an income tie-in, but what the hay, this is just guaranteed to cause further delay in the Senate.

Wealthy individuals with more than $10 million in retirement savings would have to draw down their accounts each year

It was probably inevitable the grasshoppers would come for the ants.

This would have no small impact on capital markets … I can see changing some rules going forward, but to retroactively change the rules smacks of confiscation.

Last edited:
You have never owned a Jeep then..... My Lifetime, Bumper to Bumper warranty has been a real money saver on my 10 year old Grand Cherokee! Now it needs a new AC compressor. (The CT I ordered the night of the reveal, with originally delivery this year, won't be arriving anytime soon, and nothing else has the 7500lb towing capacity I need).
F350 does about 20k- what's wrong with that? Even withstands cows trying to climb in the bed. 315k miles. Brakes, a windshield, some wheel hub/tie rods etc just wear parts on a 4wd.

Everyone needs to stop boasting about their gains on here ASAP. Maybe they figured since they can't get Elon's TSLA money, they'll take it from his loyal followers instead. Nancy might even be on this forum, trying to decide if she should exercise her calls or just let them ride.

That might be good advice but lest you confuse me for one of them I still make a 5 figure salary and don't have multiple millions of dollars in TSLA or in anything else for that matter.

I have less than 999 shares so for that article to matter to me TSLA needs another 12x and would then be a $15 Trillion company and the world would be a different place.

That might be good advice but lest you confuse me for one of them I still make a 5 figure salary and don't have multiple millions of dollars in TSLA or in anything else for that matter.

I have less than 999 shares so for that article to matter to me TSLA needs another 12x and would then be a $15 Trillion company and the world would be a different place.
So in 2 weeks then..... :)

First mover advantages that failed.

Thinking about school, we wrote finite difference (finite element) models in lotus 123 spreadsheets.

Excel wiped out Lotus.

Can someone wipe out Tesla?

I prefer Franz to Ive, although Icons on buttons is something Ive is better at.

Telsa has made too many good decisions. As long as Musk steers, he will not let it happen.

People have been ordering Roadsters and just giving the initial $5k and not the rest of the $50k and nothing happens. Tesla doesn't cancel their orders or anything. I don't think Tesla is really fussed about the money these days and you have to pay for the whole car anyways before they will deliver it.
Very interesting.

Just checked the website; and it says: “Roadster reservations require an initial $6,000 credit card payment, plus a $58,000 wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.”

I wonder if the reservation would still be valid if not fully paid for? And would they send $5k paid reservations to the back of the line ?

First mover advantages that failed.

Thinking about school, we wrote finite difference (finite element) models in lotus 123 spreadsheets.

Excel wiped out Lotus.

Can someone wipe out Tesla?

I prefer Franz to Ive, although Icons on buttons is something Ive is better at.

Telsa has made too many good decisions. As long as Musk steers, he will not let it happen.
It’s impossible to talk about “someone” beating Lotus without looking at the greater picture there.

Excel beat Lotus because Microsoft fundamentally changed the landscape underneath them. The joke back in the day, even clean back in the DOS days was “Windows isn’t done until Lotus won’t run”. Microsoft Office had unprecidented competitive advantages versus Lotus. They had early access, bundling with the OS, huge corporate contacts, etc etc etc.

Also… Lotus screwed up. When Excel took over the market, Lotus wasn’t really the better product at that date.

So to answer your question, Can someone wipe out Tesla, answer these questions:

Is there someone who dominates the highway system so much they can change the rules of how cars work so they make it difficult for Tesla to operate?

Does Tesla actually still have the best product?

Any guesses on how much short interest there was today?

View attachment 728782

View attachment 728784

The two sources are fairly close: 59% and 56.5%.

So it took quite a bit to get that 3% drop today.

Note: Yeah I know that those numbers don't mean that almost 60% of the activity today was short, but it does show there was a marked increase today.
Thank You!

• Informative
Reactions: Thumper
The Daily Open Interest report is out, and it seems that the net number of open call contracts for this Friday has actually INCREASED. Max Pain remained at the same level as the previous day. Here's a screenshot of my "Open Interest" history for this Friday's contracts:

View attachment 728809

My experimental "C-P Brkpt" analysis has actually gone up by 5 bucks today to $1,165. As well, there are a fair number of Puts open at the $1,160 Strike which should engage some SP support from MMs.

Cheers!
Thank You .Cheers!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
There we go: A Gordo a day keeps the shorts at bay. :D

edit: Aww Shucks, the closing cross crushed the Gordo,..

Um, yeah, that there is what is called poetry. :rolleyes:

Some say it has no effect on the SP, and others say those spouting it, and then seeing Gordos crushed at the closing cross, could take notice of the possibility of there being a cause and effect relationship. ;)
/jk

Back at DFW Airport today. Had time to chat up some of the Hertz staff about Teslas. There are now 25 on-site Model 3's at the DFW location, but they won't be available for rent until Hertz installs chargers (they have not started at this location).

24 of the Tesla's were on a back lot, but they did have one pulled forward in the customer pick-up area and looks like they had some kind of small celebration or something (no one was present with the car when I went by).

IMG_20211104_190208.jpg

Sorry if this has already been posted. Not much time to keep up with this thread when travelling.