Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have rated this ‘funny’ if it wasn’t so sad. Poor Robert Reich. His rants come across as a small, petty man who is being forced to watch someone he is painfully envious of, and who possesses far superior intellect, and who is accomplishing things more efficiently and more effectively on a global scale than Robert could do so himself on only a national scale while holding one of the highest of offices in an administration that gave him and his ideas as much support as he needed. Perhaps my conclusions of his tireless attacks that seem to intentionally single-out Elon from a larger field of billionaires is wrong, but I have concluded it is the hurt Robert’s ego is feeling watching Elon succeed without the support of any administration - while taking on the largest forces on the Planet, and doing so with an exponentially larger social media following that hangs on every word, every cryptic post, and effervesces with support 24/7/365 as Robert becomes less relevant every day that has ultimately resulted in his ego lashing out at Elon when that dam burst.

I have concluded that Elon is who Robert had hoped to be - that we are observing a man expressing his anger at seeing the things he wanted to accomplish for the Environment and for the Department of Labor himself in his youth now taking shape more rapidly and more effectively at the hands of another. And Robert’s ego is larger than his desire for the planet to experience that much-needed change. That is why I wished to give a ‘sad’ vote to the previous post.

“The Master puts himself last;
that is why he ends up ahead.
He is detached from all things;
that is why he is one of them.
Because he stays a witness to life,
he is perfectly fulfilled.”
(Tao Te Ching - Chapter 7)

This is my third and hopefully my last post expressing disappointment at the witness of Reich’s attacks on Elon. It is likely the sadness in me that compelled me to put this out there. As I have often posted, I sincerely believe that The Green New Deal in its original form represented one of the greatest opportunities to rapidly right a global sinking ship. Sanders carried that message forward in his campaign, and Robert Reich surprisingly denounced the Centrist policies and administrations he had grown out of and became a very vocal supporter of Sanders. I followed Reich’s comments at the time with enthusiasm, considering him a critical thinker for being able to change his mind about beliefs he previously held quite closely. So it saddens me to watch a previous supporter of The Green New Deal - a supporter that I supported personally for his doing so - now very publicly attack the Planet’s greatest hope of accomplishing everything The Green New Deal stood for. And he is doing so by demanding that Elon give even more of the income he was personally deploying to advance global sustainability to an administration that has literally gutted the benefits and concepts of the Green New Deal to transform it into just another gift to special interests.

I miss the person that I thought you were, Robert.
You might be giving too much of a deep thought on why Elon is the billionaire they single out. The simple fact is that Elon gets the highest amount of eye balls, the most paper wealthy by a mile, and constantly get a public reply which gives them even more eyeballs. If Elon was some boring billionaire that never respond, then no one would be interested in calling their allegiance. The US government vs Elon Musk(who has more support and can win a presidency if he just runs) is way more interesting than picking some random hedge fund guy or big oil guy. They used to attack the Koch Brothers but that was yawn inducing.

TSLA very down but then so is much of the market too, seems like a mass sell off going on.

You seem to be unaware of the magnitude of Options trading betting against TSLA. Last week, it was TWICE as the entire rest of the Market combined. MMs and hedgies have given up on any facade of legitimate trading activies, and are now simply using their position of priviledge and exemptions from Securities laws to attempt to bury the most successful American company in the past 40 years. Shameful.

#SECdewurjob

Does anyone have the link to the decryptor?

1636472033710.png

Just bought at $1079 during the sale. I have more $'s on standby in case the silliness continues
I had multiple limit orders fill in ... closed OTM CC with good profit and bought some non Tesla stock on discount.
A bit kicking myself that I did not have opportunistic sell PUT limit order, I think IV must have spiked pretty well for a moment there.

Anyone else leaves limit orders with aspirational pricing hanging unattended or you react in real time ?

$1,100 is this morning's target. Lots of fight in those bots every time TSLA approaches or dares to break above. Getting out the popcorn to watch the battle (and the silliness of this morning's selling)! (-;

Attention Bargain shoppers! Blue Light Special in the TSLA store today.

Please enter the store in an orderly fashion. Please, yes, I mean YOU. Stop shoving.
Oh, the heck with it, I'll just get out of the way...

Meanwhile in China:

"In a recent interview with Chinese publication The Paper, Tesla China VP Grace Tao revealed that the company’s vehicle production operations in the country are nearly 100% localized."

Average daily high minus daily low by month for this year:

Jan : 34.09
Feb : 38.23
Mar : 58.74
Apr : 28.55
May : 26.44
Jun : 20.24
Jul : 23.88
Aug : 18.88
Sep : 18.94
Oct : 28.98
Nov (so far) : 68.71

After several months of relative calm, our old friend wild volatility has returned. Not sure how long he's planning to stick around, but I'm guessing at least another week or so.

I had multiple limit orders fill in ... closed OTM CC with good profit and bought some non Tesla stock on discount.
A bit kicking myself that I did not have opportunistic sell PUT limit order, I think IV must have spiked pretty well for a moment there.

Anyone else leaves limit orders with aspirational pricing hanging unattended or you react in real time ?
My 1325 26/11 covered call closed automatically for a 50% profit during the dip while it was -400% last week. Interesting.

I thought I had some gold price on some puts I sold in the 900s however the orders filled instantly even if I entered a higher ask price and then when IV spiked I was -200% on the 4 puts 11/12 at $915 for this Friday. Then it corrected back to +20%. IV went sky high right after my order went through. These premiums gone in the wind

He's playing 3-D chess, and Market playing 2-D checkers!!
Based on today's behavior, the market is still working on the 1D number line.

I mean seriously, who sells ahead of what will clearly be a massive record quarter, potential stock split, and opening of 2 major factories? Number line folks, that's who.

finishing up on the day would be a bullish signal.
any disagreement? 😀

Someone does seem to be selling with a cap at $1,100 (everytime it gets close, there's a spurt of volume and a drop in the SP). If this IS a selling program on behalf of our favorite billionaire, then I'd expect it to last until end of day tomorrow when the Uptick Rule expires.

I noticed yesterday the shortzes were very deliberate in not tripping the uptick rule, even though the early Pre-market was down to $1,130. When they shorted the stock from $1,183 to $1,162 in 20 minutes before the Close, it had become clear to me that their true intent was to take multiple -5% days in a row all WITHOUT ever tripping the uptick rule.

Maybe today a Long actually foiled their plan, so the Rule would actually apply? Of course, we may never know, and we certainly do not know enough right now to judge. Perhaps by Thu there'll be some news which will help us to reconstruct the week's events.

EDIT: Fantasy Football time
  1. With 26M shares traded already today, shortzes burry themselves in a vein attempt to hold the SP below $1,100 today and tomorrow, ending up selling over 20M shares short
  2. NASDAQ short interest report comes out after the Market closes today, giving Tesla a very tight estimate of the total number of shares shorted
  3. On Thursday before the Market opens, Tesla files Form 8-K with SEC announcing a Corporate Action: A 2:1 stock split in the form of a Share Dividend
  4. Elon buys his shares back, or sells more into the rush (haha).
So... GLTA, and

Cheers!

Last edited: