Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is everyone still happy with how Elon handled this?

One reason why I and many others admire Elon, is because he’s relentlessly true to his word, and most his core values align. Elon has said, and shown, that he cares about his investors, but not anyone who is concerned with volatility like traders.

So I don’t understand why someone would expect Elon to care about short term volatility or trading, an activity that he has explicitly said he couldn’t care less about.

This is not to say that there’s anything wrong with shorter term trading if one is so inclined. For example, I have lots of Jan 2022 500c quickly approaching expiration, so those have been bleeding with this drop.

Nonetheless, I fully support whatever Elon chooses to do because he’s got all the information and thinks most things out. I trust his decisions are best for Tesla long term, or at least won’t hurt Tesla. That means I’ll continue to make much more with my investments that align with his core values, than any short term losses from my speculating.

First Tesla in the WORLD to run the Quarter Mile in the 8s:

Ran 8.994 sec @ 155.10 mph. Based on the 60' time, I'd guess they stripped some weight out of it.

Model-S-Plaid-record-time-slip.jpg

Last edited:
Any time a move like this happens I am reminded of reading years ago about just how much cash the Oil Industry has to throw around on a daily basis.

Whether or not this is in fact the source today (hoping it was Elon), the mere concept of the billions of largess they have to spend is likely indicative of other uncounted reserves for similar players negatively affected by Tesla's success and meteoric rise to dominance.

Eventually, they will each fail from having placed these losing bets, repeatedly, trying to stop an unstoppable mass-in-motion (TSLA) rather than use the money to themselves transition their businesses to something more sustainable when they had the chance.

HODL, cuz this is B.A.F.

That might explain a lot.

Would not be surprised if Elon took the phone Monday morning told his broker to sell 10% of his shares over 2 days. He posted the poll this week end, abided to the results, he’s done with it, now back into more important things like Tesla growth and SpaceX. The trivial decision was made by Twitter voters. Elon probably doesn’t even think about it anymore.

That’s might explain a lot.

Would not be surprised if Elon took the phone Monday morning told his broker to sell 10% of his shares over 2 days. He posted the poll this week end, abided to the results, he’s done with it, now back into more important things like Tesla growth and SpaceX. The trivial decision was made by Twitter voters. Elon probably doesn’t even think about it anymore.
I am betting it happened today. There were no "large" more than $100M block trades yesterday, so unless they sold in very small chunks it has to be today. The tape will tell I think. Lets hope it was Elon and we can move on from this for more ATH.

You seem to be unaware of the magnitude of Options trading betting against TSLA. Last week, it was TWICE as the entire rest of the Market combined. MMs and hedgies have given up on any facade of legitimate trading activies, and are now simply using their position of priviledge and exemptions from Securities laws to attempt to bury the most successful American company in the past 40 years. Shameful.

#SECdewurjob
I'm not sure I understand, Where they actively betting against TSLA? Or were they supplying all of the demand for call options buyers and hedging with shares?

Based on today's behavior, the market is still working on the 1D number line.

I mean seriously, who sells ahead of what will clearly be a massive record quarter, potential stock split, and opening of 2 major factories? Number line folks, that's who.

Disagree given by:

I would like to see the sell off intensify. If it could just drop down to $800 or so I’d be quite happy to buy back in

You expressed this wish before. But then said you were very happy with your gains: "I’m very very very pleased with my Tesla profits 🐨"

So... Which is it? If you were truly "very very very pleased" with your profits, why are you hoping the stock goes down so you can buy back in? Sounds to me like you regret selling and you have a tough time admitting it.

I would like to see the sell off intensify. If it could just drop down to $800 or so I’d be quite happy to buy back in

You could help. Keep selling short until we hit 800 and you can ride it back up!

giphy.gif

So... Which is it?

You are reading way too much into this. Picture is a thousand words:

_pdp_sq_

Disagree given by:

You expressed this wish before. But then said you were very happy with your gains: "I’m very very very pleased with my Tesla profits 🐨"

So... Which is it? If you were truly "very very very pleased" with your profits, why are you hoping the stock goes down so you can buy back in? Sounds to me like you regret selling and you have a tough time admitting it.
It’s easy, he can reunite his 2 positions.
Sell puts at $800. This way he gets paid a premium waiting for his put contract to be assigned the day the stock might go back to $800.

First Tesla in the WORLD to run the Quarter Mile in the 8s:

Ran 8.994 sec @ 155.10 mph. Based on the 60' time, I'd guess they stripped some weight out of it.

View attachment 731049
Did they remove the frunk liner?

Feel like we are a little bit spoiled by Elon being so accommodating and Tesla being so lucrative.

Elon worked hard for Tesla, and now we are supposed to be mad since he sell and realize his gain, while at the same time we can do whatever we want and having all sorts of fun? Buy sell, HODL, take something out of the table, call, put, spread, margin ...?

So we are entitled to benefit from Tesla while he has to hold and being the "last one out" to accommodate you? Yes, that is his word, but how about "he changed his mind"? I voted "Yes", on the principle of fairness. Tesla was over 1 T just a while ago, last time I checked it was still over 1 T, And now we are entitled to be agitated?

I sold put too, but I sold cash covered put, with strike price at 550, 575, and 600, expiring January, 2022. I know what I can tolerate and what I cannot, If you are agitated because Elon's action woke you up from your wet dream, then go home and lick your own wound, it's not his problem.

Rage buy at $1060.

I predict there will be a high proportion of "Short Exempt" trades reported by FINRA today at 5:30 p.m. ET.

That's the Reg SHO Rule 201 which allows Options Market Makers to sell shares naked short even when the Uptick Rule is in effect. That's a.k.a. the "Madoff Rule",

Paging @hacer. Predicting the future is Science. Arguing past events is litigation.

Mid-BB was at $1,020.40 at noon:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-09.12-00.png