Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been discussed here…looks like nearly all R1-T orders are now delayed until Mar-April. According to what I could find in this post string, only 2% of respondent reservation holders have received delivery.

Form 4s incoming. First one: SEC FORM 4

11/23: Part of 10B5-1 executing options for 2,152,681 shares and selling 222,711 of them.

It says that there are three more Form 4s to come for the this event.

#2: SEC FORM 4
#3: SEC FORM 4
#4: SEC FORM 4

A total of 934,091 shares sold today.

FYI: ARK sold ~140k shares today as well. (They have been selling lately.)

Last edited:
Silly question: will a strong economy make the PHEV strategy more successful or less successful?

Usually a strong economy helps most ventures but it will supercharge Tesla in the next 4 or 5 years which would make PHEVs irrelevant by 2025. IMO the only way the PHEV strategy will work for more than a few years is if Tesla's growth gets absolutely crippled.

That's actually a really good question. I was thinking a weak economy would slow new car sales and thus the transition to EV's. People would keep older cars on the road longer. However, a weak economy would also slow the sales of new ICE cars. It's actually a good thing to keep older ICE cars on the road (rather than replace them with new ICE cars) so maybe a weak economy would result in a more definitive end of ICE sooner.

The fewer new ICE cars made, the better.

Form 4s incoming. First one: SEC FORM 4

11/23: Part of 10B5-1 executing options for 2,152,681 shares and selling 222,711 of them.

It says that there are three more Form 4s to come for the this event.

#2: SEC FORM 4
#3: SEC FORM 4
#4: SEC FORM 4

A total of 934,091 shares sold today.

FYI: ARK sold ~140k shares today as well. (They have been selling lately.)
So he sold from the top to the bottom, stopped and it rose back up.

So with this consistency we can somewhat predict now, how many more weeks do we have of this (Elon’s selling)?
It's tricky because there's not an observable pattern. What we've seen is:

1st week: Monday
2nd week: Monday & Tuesday
3rd week (this week): Tuesday so far

It's almost like he's trying to send another code with his choice of day for selling. However it's a bit more than 50% done now.

This doesn't follow the pattern of the old bear raids at all. TSLA is now 20x the market cap it was since back then, the number of shares shorted compared to float is miniscule, and there isn't even any FUD which typically goes with the old bear raid patterns.

The last time it went down like this was 2 weeks ago, when Elon sold a ton of shares into the open market. The pattern is exactly the same today. If this isn't Elon selling I would be very surprised. Anyways we'll know my theory is correct if we get a Form 4 later.
Not tooting my own horn here but I was correct. This was not a bear raid. It was an Elon Raid!

Not tooting my own horn here but I was correct. This was not a bear raid. It was an Elon Raid!
It can't be both? Share price is pinned exactly to max pain in AH. I would imagine this is simply MM's taking advantage of the additional float and pushing down to where they want it for Friday's close.

@Words of HABIT

Hey, what's Apple going to do so Tesla will not catch them? Just, please don't tell us it is Apple Car.

In any case, Apple is at the VERY end of the whatever curve they've gone . Tesla has not even started.

Apple is a fluke, Tesla is real. Mark this post.
The level of ignorance of Apple on this thread is matched only by the level of knowledge of Tesla.

I guess that depends whether the % shorted is based on market cap or % of float. If based on the latter, then it would have decreased dramatically. If based on the former then your point stands.
The article and data reported from S3 always mentions % of float shorted NOT value shorted.

Edit: actually… that’s the same thing. 20% of a 2020 market cap versus 3.3% of today’s market cap.

Last edited: