Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me just put forth that there may be a logical reason for such a choice. Perhaps hair touching his ears is distracting to him or uncomfortable. Maybe it makes wearing a mask easier/more comfortable. I also note that his baby’s momma can be quite flamboyant with her hairstyles, so perhaps the idea came from her.

I appreciate the way Elon had responded to the not so nice intentions of some to make fun of him, that’s part of what makes him a special individual.

probably he cut his hair that way for a better neuralink connection :)

Table below now updated with UK results.
To reach 300k for Q4, Tesla needs a 24% increase over Q3.
Local deliveries for Europe and China now show an 83% increase vs Q3 for the first 2 months of the Qtr.
Much of this is due to the unwinding of the wave but its clear that achieving 300k for the quarter is looking very positive.

View attachment 741577
Bearing in mind we get most of our (non-inventory) cars at the end of each quarter.
Many expected UK Jan/Feb deliveries have been pulled forward to this month.
We are expecting a big number for UK December deliveries.

I do not see any sign that Q4's numbers are due to a signicant unrolling of the wave in Q3.
Per Tesla Europe Sales Figures Tesla only delivered 3k or so cars in October (double first month of Q1 and Q2, but Sept was an ATH so spillover is expected). As of Nov 3 there were 12 ships with Teslas underway (10 China to Europe, 2 US to Asia). Is Nov is bulk of your numbers?
August saw the start of Y deliveries which is boosting things.
January should see a boost from the Q4 unroll.

The reason I suspect the wave is unrolling is as follows:
In Q3, there were 3 ships from Shanghai to Europe that arrived in Q4. We had not seen this overlap before from China.
So Q4 Europe growth statistics are benefiting from Q3 production. I'm keeping an eye to see if Shanghai ships late in December causing the same overlap for Q1 2022.
1638888592932.png

More evidence that the wave is unwinding is the percentage of vehicles produced during the 2nd month of the quarter staying local in China:
1638888885472.png

In August, 31% of production was delivered locally meaning 69% was on ships delivered likely in Sep.
Now in Nov, I estimate that 49% of production was delivered locally and only 51% on ships to be delivered in Dec.

To summarize: part of the reason that the first 2 months of Q4 look so strong is:
- Some Q3 production arrived in Q4 (3 ships)
- More of Nov production was delivered locally in China with less vehicles in transit on the high seas as compared to Aug.

Nevertheless, we can see 300k this quarter.

Yes, some games can be played while moving, after taping "I'm passenger" (or something to that effect). I know at least Tetris and Sky Force have that option.
every game/app that does not default to fullscreen has this.
Also Careoke & that turn based RTS can be played by the passenger .. ;)

BUT Tesla does not control this (via e.g. pressure-sensors). You can try this at a red light or so (and close it directly! Don't game & drive, stupid!).

In Q3, there were 3 ships from Shanghai to Europe that arrived in Q4. We had not seen this overlap before from China.
So Q4 Europe growth statistics are benefiting from Q3 production. I'm keeping an eye to see if Shanghai ships late in December causing the same overlap for Q1 2022.
View attachment 741586

More evidence that the wave is unwinding is the percentage of vehicles produced during the 2nd month of the quarter staying local in China:
View attachment 741588
In August, 31% of production was delivered locally meaning 69% was on ships delivered likely in Sep.
Now in Nov, I estimate that 49% of production was delivered locally and only 51% on ships to be delivered in Dec.

To summarize: part of the reason that the first 2 months of Q4 look so strong is:
- More of Nov production was delivered locally in China with less vehicles in transit on the high seas as compared to Aug.

Not sure if this impacts your thought process but there's been 4+ reported ships to New Zealand/Australia and it shows in the Nov charts. New Zealands Nov numbers jumped dramatically over August. I think people are paying too close of attention Europe ships and not the rest of the Asian/Pacific market.....mostly because those ships are much harder to track.

I think we should expect Nov production to be more like 65-70k

Last edited:
View attachment 741586

View attachment 741588

That reminded me that I saw Teslas being trucked up to SF piers yesterday. Early shipping for Q1 deliveries?

Yes, some games can be played while moving, after taping "I'm passenger" (or something to that effect). I know at least Tetris and Sky Force have that option.
Exactly correct. I'm not clicking the article either, but I'd imagine good ol Neil's head will explode when he learns about all the other things irresponsible drivers in any vehicle could be distracted by.

Yes, she did stay professional, but i thought you could tell Elon had her on her heels several times since his answers wasn’t conforming to her script or agenda.
Well we will just have to disagree. She wasn't doing segues. She "had" 30 minutes. And she completely understood she was going to get looney tunes not a metronome. She had such diverse areas to cover. I'll even say she chose her time to give him to respond to his public or private drug lifestyle. Right at the end so it wouldn't take over before she got the preferred topics touched on. she teed it up, and let him hit it wherever he wanted. One shot.
When running down the list of the Larry Kings and Dick Caveats... well she didn't try and direct him. She just brought a topic up in most cases. Open ended, non-directional questions. She let Elon loose.

IMO, she was told to give Elon a lot of leeway, be friendly, get him talking and feeling full of himself, pop short, quick questions and he will hang himself.
wow? really?
I think I am seeing some protective mommies, or butt hurt daddies from elon's failures to communicate in the past. She had no political agenda or desire to damage Elon. Period. Typically Journalists will Take a popular quote from their leader, and then ask the interviewee why they would be in opposition...
She just lobbed up a few pitches and let Elon send em over whatever fence he wanted.
And now I am done...
Mod Away!!!!!

If incentives or rebates don’t matter why is California 40% of US customers - why does Tesla even mention it when they are selling the car? Why mention potential gas savings? Why is Norway the leader in EVs and Tesla ownership in Europe?
Elons fiduciary is to his company not his politics.
NVDA and NFLX are also up +3 pre market - higher than TSLA right now

CA, I would venture a lot of it is cultural. Why do so many cultural fads start in CA? Also, CA residents are richer than most other states. Also it has a car culture. Also it is warm, making EVs more practical. CA is also where the Fremont factory and Palo Alto HQ are located, so word of mouth initially. So, lots of reasons.

Incentives do matter, Elon was just opining that he’d rather not have them even though they do matter.

As far as fiduciary duty is concerned, the subsidies probably help Teslas competition more than they help Tesla. So on balance better to not have them. Did you miss the part where they help GM and Ford more than Tesla due to union rules?

And yes, all growth stocks are jumping up today, not just Tesla. I doubt the interview had much to do with TSLA stock price today.

I remember Hawaii has at least one Tesla utility installation:

Can't find any reports on Twitter as of yet, but anyone here have any purview into how well its handling the severe weather there right now?