Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I think people saying tanking because MSFT is down like 20% already so a Rev and EPS beat should be saying hey MSFT biz still very strong.
Perspective:

1643146801299.png

trading somewhere below 30x multiple now, despite 20% earnings growth.

Oh no... Tesla is doomed

Color me confused o_O
It was clearly established by Joe & Marry, that GM is already the leader in EVs. So why do they need to waste $6.6B of their taxpayer money "in a bid to dethrone Tesla" ?!?!

On the other hand, in an alternative universe where Tesla is the leader, they have delivered nearly a million EVs already in 2021, will deliver ~1.5million in 2022, and with the guided 50% YoY growth estimate to deliver about 5 million in 2025. So, how does aiming to reach 1 million by 2025 dethrones anybody ?

So this "bid" makes no sense in either reality (actual or imagined).

As the normal Gigapresses in Berlin&Texas have been running for months, without producing cars with their output, 'Starting' sadly doesn't have to imply much.
Given the claimed bigger casting size, I'd expect even longer dial-in and bring-up.
Or do you have actual insight into the production schedule?

Otherwise it only pumps the hype and creates frustration if the official/actual production start stays at late '22 / 2023.
It's not news of imminent delivery of CT,. it is only what I described, except to say that they are apparently planning more than just seeing if the machinery works.... they are getting ready to crank apparently.... I think it's relevant insofar as they are aggressively moving on it much more than I thought... prior to learning this I thought it would be 2023 before we see one CT.

Color me confused o_O
It was clearly established by Joe & Marry, that GM is already the leader in EVs. So why do they need to waste $6.6B of their taxpayer money "in a bid to dethrone Tesla" ?!?!

On the other hand, in an alternative universe where Tesla is the leader, they have delivered nearly a million EVs already in 2021, will deliver ~1.5million in 2022, and with the guided 50% YoY growth estimate to deliver about 5 million in 2025. So, how does aiming to reach 1 million by 2025 dethrones anybody ?

So this "bid" makes no sense in either reality (actual or imagined).
Ah, but you see, car buyers worldwide so love GM that none of them will buy a Tesla ever again once GM starts to pump out the electric vehicles in quantity. Yup, and then GM will be way, way ahead of Tesla in sales. Now just keep passing GM bailout money and that reality will come to pass. /s

IBM beats Monday by a few pennies and is up ~10% since then. MSFT beats by a decent margin just now and is down ~7% since 3pm.

Confusing times. Good news for TSLA holders is that apparently MSFT investors were looking for slightly higher growth. Coulda sworn they just said growth was bad and earnings were key, but who knows.

24hrs away! Oh boy!

IBM beats Monday by a few pennies and is up ~10% since then. MSFT beats by a decent margin just now and is down ~7% since 3pm.

Confusing times. Good news for TSLA holders is that apparently MSFT investors were looking for slightly higher growth. Coulda sworn they just said growth was bad and earnings were key, but who knows.

24hrs away! Oh boy!
This is pretty good news. IBM's rally fizzled out yesterday and start of this am. So we may see MSFT rally back tomorrow.

This is pretty good news. IBM's rally fizzled out yesterday and start of this am. So we may see MSFT rally back tomorrow.
MSFT must have just given guidance in their earnings call, stock about to go green after hours

Edit: And there it goes higher now......wow those people that got fooled into selling at the low of after hours 🤣

Last edited: