Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla : our earnings were amazing!
Wall St : selll!
Apple : our earnings were amazing too!
Wall St : buy APPL! Oh, and buy TSLA too!

It seems silly that Apple's earnings are the catalyst to reverse Tesla's after hours drop.
I suppose it can support the narrative that tech companies are doing great and don't deserve to be beaten up like this.

Okay...after 20 years on forums, I can seem to figure out how to react to someone else's post via a thumbs up, etc. on this one! Is that just because I'm a newb here? Please be gentle in your response. lol.
1643319699702.png

Okay...after 20 years on forums, I can seem to figure out how to react to someone else's post via a thumbs up, etc. on this one! Is that just because I'm a newb here? Please be gentle in your response. lol.

I think it takes a certain number of posts before you can do that. Also to change your avatar.

FSD like Mars seems borderline fantasia to the market.
Pivoting from a car manufacturing company to a software company
is too abstract.

For long term investors this was an exceptional qtr with even
more exceptional ones to follow. The 4 factories can achieve production of about
3 million cars during 2023. 3 million cars should imply about 30 billion in profits.
Ross Gerber, Gali and Meet Kevin did a post Earnings Call "party" video where they basically say the same thing. Elon is on another planet when it comes to some of these concepts, like Robo Taxis, that investors can't even grasp what it means for Tesla. BTW, this is actually pretty entertaining as they polish off a bottle of Teslaquila

FSD is very real and widely recognized. Full scale driverless Robotaxis (which has been "next year" narrative since 2014) is definitely seen as fantasia - it's important not to conflate the two.

The reality is, on Robotaxis, it doesn't matter. I don't think anyone is buying a Tesla today with the expectation it will become a driving ATM in the future acting as an autonomous Uber. Unless you want to confess something? :)
Go back and read the CT forum when it was first unveiled. Why do you think people were ordering 5, 10 or 20 of them?

Troll? It’s not my fault I’m telling the truth about Gigapress start and Elon decided to pump a creepy grocery carrying robot instead. If you are Elon how the hell do you not slam dunk the cyberteuck gigapress start next month? Meanwhile Optimus just staring at me as I take a shower? No thanks Elon, I’m good.
There are many people who need assistance in the bathroom. Personal service like this day in and day out is a big potential benefit of robots. If you don't need it, you can tell the robot to go into another room. When you are old or become disabled, it's the human attendant who will abuse or neglect you. A high functioning personal robot would be a godsend for many.

Big potential if Tesla can pull this off.

...no new products because the current products are too good.
Imagine Apple saying "We are not releasing anymore products as our current products are sold out too far into the future and the margins are double that of anyone else in the industry and nobody can seem to make a phone that anyone wants to buy "

That seems about where Tesla is at currently.

No, most of the EV sector was way down today. Maybe it's because GM is so very leading in EV's? :cool:
Are we really comparing TSLA to RIVN and LCID? Record earnings, guidance for growth over 50%, printing cash and we're in-line with startups that have delivered 1000-1500 cars combined, don't have energy or insurance businesses and are not on the same planet in terms of FSD. Sorry, a bit fired up today given the options a$$ kicking I've received over the past few days. This just goes to show that markets are irrational and the long-term investors will be rewarded.

Dave with a new video talking about today.

I have my personal issues with Gary Black (notably he seems to be the type to convey full confidence in areas where he doesn't seem to actually be particularly knowledgeable), however, I thought he did a really good job shedding light on why institutional money managers might have trouble with the call.

I have my personal issues with Gary Black (notably he seems to be the type to convey full confidence in areas where he doesn't seem to actually be particularly knowledgeable), however, I thought he did a really good job shedding light on why institutional money managers might have trouble with the call.
@DaveT is rock solid though and an OG for this forum. His videos are always interesting and highly valuable.

Well, it's not the macro. WS didn't like the call. Hopefully like in the past they push past the pain and think a little over the next few weeks.

View attachment 761029

I'll be in Akumal for a few days starting tomorrow. I expect you folks to get together and fix this while I'm gone. Thanks in advance.
WS didn't have any problems with the call. If they did, we would have seen some after market reaction. Today's price action was coordinated shorting, premeditated and pre-planned regardless of what was shared in the call or earnings results. The bears are back. I imagine they were waiting for this moment for the last couple of years. TSLA will win in the end, it's so clear to see.