Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today made no sense.

I cannot for one moment be convinced by ANYONE that this price action was sensible, especially against a macro backdrop which wasn't a disaster.

This was absolutely, 100% against reason. Literally doesn't make ANY logical sense at all. Vulcans would be going nuts right now.

4680s are real and coming soon, record everything, huge outlook. Even a price target hike today. This almost feels like Wall Street is doing something contradictory and coordinated to scare retails out of shares. Maybe there's another big leg up coming?

I remember an earnings call a year or two ago where there was a big non macro-related drop despite nothing but good news coming out of the call. It was 100% against logic for a few days, then once the hoes in Wall Street repositioned themselves, we were off to the races.

I can only believe that's what is happening here. Is *EVERYONE* really this stupid? I mean really?
Seems to me the biggest issue and it is stupid is that analysts think that sure Tesla can grow comfortably more then 50% in 2022, but 2023 without any new vehicles (unveiled) at a lower price point Tesla growth story is over. In other words "STUPID"

I think you're on to a new cycle, we're in a Beer Market. Yes, brutal day, sorry everyone. Chin up and be ready to be back out on the field for the game tomorrow.
Guess I'd better start building another buy ladder. This one's going to be more like a step stool cuz the sofa is running dry.

Hey, I'm not a TA guy, but is this anything? Shouldn't this bounce now?

1643318446418.png

Substantiating this interpretation, we have:

View attachment 761022
Stop buying so many Tesla's people! We want the new products. Bad for margins short term but good for profits long term.

...oh, the good problems we have today.

I have never seen any stock like this, growth huge, no new products because the current products are too good. Very full pipeline. P/E dropping like a rock. Stock tanking. I'm definitely a buyer.

Tesla is ramping five Gigas simultaneously, not counting ‘satellite’ factories like Kato, the semi and megapack. It is growing faster than any large manufacturer in history AND generating fat and spiking profits. This is while navigating supply chain issues that have punished OEMs. FSD need not enter the equation for this statement.

Yes, they need to take a break on new products and focus on executing. They need to meet demand. They need to finish Austin and Berlin. They need to work like mad on FSD. They need to deal with the supply chain. They need to continue to upgrade their service. And the world needs the TeslaBot EM has declared.

And executing they are. Spectacularly! It is almost as if the fight is already won.

Market is trash now and was so easy to blow up the stock by taking EMs statements out of context and attacking the SP. The supply chain preventing them from going full tilt last year (89% increase!) somehow turned into slowing production (and demand it read like. I saw articles that basically said Tesla warned going forward with no mention of the perennial 50% target which will be exceeded again). EM did not say we are ditching the 25K car. What he basically said is we are too damn busy trying to meet overwhelming demand to waste our time. For now. Not two years from now. Whatever....

I say we finish above 900 tomorrow. And if this doesn’t age well, won't be the first time I am a short term loser.

Seems to me the biggest issue and it is stupid is that analysts think that sure Tesla can grow comfortably more then 50% in 2022, but 2023 without any new vehicles (unveiled) at a lower price point Tesla growth story is over. In other words "STUPID"

There's probably a bunch of reasons for TSLA falling like ETF rebalancing, traders reducing risk, interest debt with rising interest rates, high capex, EV competition, inflation, consumer sentiment, Musk earnings call credibility, TSLA needing to grow into it's relatively high P/E multiple, ...

No worries, TSLAs future looks bright. The SP needs to come back into an orbit of reality.

Today made no sense.

I cannot for one moment be convinced by ANYONE that this price action was sensible, especially against a macro backdrop which wasn't a disaster.

This was absolutely, 100% against reason. Literally doesn't make ANY logical sense at all. Vulcans would be going nuts right now.

4680s are real and coming soon, record everything, huge outlook. Even a price target hike today. This almost feels like Wall Street is doing something contradictory and coordinated to scare retails out of shares. Maybe there's another big leg up coming?

I remember an earnings call a year or two ago where there was a big non macro-related TSLA drop despite nothing but good news coming out of the call. It was 100% against logic for a few days, then once the hoes in Wall Street repositioned themselves, we were off to the races.

I can only believe that's what is happening here. Is *EVERYONE* really this stupid? I mean really?
i got a call from Fidelity today ... they have not reached out in a long time .. attempting to get me to diversify out of TSLA ... coordinated... maybe