Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually this is quite boring in my experience as this is typical of traders. But a thought occurred to me as many companies do this. Buy Back shares.
Tesla has billions sitting around and they could probably buy back 100 million shares. Perhaps these could be used to benefit employees.
I recall back when AAPL was selling the first iPhones and such the stock dropped prior to rising very high.
Back to remodeling our bathrooms today.

Actually this is quite boring in my experience as this is typical of traders. But a thought occurred to me as many companies do this. Buy Back shares.
Tesla has billions sitting around and they could probably buy back 100 million shares. Perhaps these could be used to benefit employees.
I recall back when AAPL was selling the first iPhones and such the stock dropped prior to rising very high.
Back to remodeling our bathrooms today.
If by Q2's earnings, Wall St is still valuing TSLA where it's at today or even less.....considering how much money Tesla will be making by then and the worst parts of the ramp for Berlin/Austin are over, I could get behind Tesla initiating a buy back program with some of the leftover cash.

Reactions: Duffer and MikeC
What about the uptick rule? Aren’t we down more than 10% from the close on monday? Or am I wrong?
doesn't mean they can't sell calls, continue to accumulate puts, buy SARK, sell ARKK, (and options against those too) which will just continue to drive down current Bid

But the price action today really just looked like sellers, at ever opportunity there was supply and no scarcity.

If by Q2's earnings, Wall St is still valuing TSLA where it's at today or even less.....considering how much money Tesla will be making by then and the worst parts of the ramp for Berlin/Austin are over, I could get behind Tesla initiating a buy back program with some of the leftover cash.

I doubt they would. Elon doesn't care about the share price and Tesla doesn't need to ever raise cash again via selling stock. They'd sooner spend that cash on expanding or new product development.

Well, it's not the macro. WS didn't like the call. Hopefully like in the past they push past the pain and think a little over the next few weeks.

1643317311784.png

I'll be in Akumal for a few days starting tomorrow. I expect you folks to get together and fix this while I'm gone. Thanks in advance.

Today made no sense.

I cannot for one moment be convinced by ANYONE that this price action was sensible, especially against a macro backdrop which wasn't a disaster.

This was absolutely, 100% against reason. Literally doesn't make ANY logical sense at all. Vulcans would be going nuts right now.

4680s are real and coming soon, record everything, huge outlook. Even a price target hike today. This almost feels like Wall Street is doing something contradictory and coordinated to scare retails out of shares. Maybe there's another big leg up coming?

I remember an earnings call a year or two ago where there was a big non macro-related TSLA drop despite nothing but good news coming out of the call. It was 100% against logic for a few days, then once the hoes in Wall Street repositioned themselves, we were off to the races.

I can only believe that's what is happening here. Is *EVERYONE* really this stupid? I mean really?

We are living in times where opinions are made by the media, more than ever.
Combine this with a lot of people who have bought TSLA thinking it will make them rich quickly.
These people do not get into the fundamentals here, they are influenced by the popular media and "analysts".

So, a quick negative take of the earnings call:
Elon again talking about FSD "this year...": no confidence in that.
And robots coming? Optimus, wait isn't that movie fiction.. Just having seen a dancing person in bot clothing and now that is the Tesla future?
How much are his growth projections worth then? Berlin is still not open and no new cars.
Other brands are fully using the media, so the competition is coming! And inflation, so interest goes up!
I am not surprised by the stock price reaction.

Should we be bothered by this?
No, investing wise I am still bullish. Tesla is executing.
But I think I understand why this earnings call didn't age well.

Last edited: