Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now its a race between GigaShaghai II and GigaBerlin.
My money is on China ;)

Mine is too!

That may sound ludicrous but a part of me actually believes GigaShaghai II just might be producing cars before GigaBerlin gets through all the enormous red tape it's against.

Oh and we just went green. Have to admit I did not expect that to happen today...

Tell me, were you also surprised when you found out yesterday that used Teslas are selling for more than the cost of a new one, due of the long, long wating list? :p

#KNOWDEMAND

This announcement In the Canadian province of British Columbia should only increase demand for used EVs:

B.C. will no longer collect PST on used battery-electric vehicle sales

Effective for the next 5 years, zero-emissions vehicles will be exempt from B.C.'s provincial sales tax

Last edited:
Mine is too!

That may sound ludicrous but a part of me actually believes GigaShaghai II just might be producing cars before GigaBerlin gets through all the enormous red tape it's against.

Oh and we just went green. Have to admit I did not expect that to happen today...
Well, thats insanity. Giga Berlin is just two weeks away, don't you know?

I actually logged in to tell you specifically to shut your danged mouth and then I see you already posted this nonsense
We''ve gone green! Luck and superstition have nothing to do with it. Tesla is fundamentally crucial to our transition to sustainabile abundance. To feel otherwise is an insult to all TMCers!

Good luck to all today. POTUS presser set for 1230. I had hoped we'd dip going into that, but I guess not. Apparently I missed this window.

Like Hermes bags and Rolex watches.
hopefully much more affordable

Tesla has huge headroom in their current gross margins for extended price cuts if they want to go down market. With decreasing battery costs and increasing production / productivity, Tesla can probably cut prices by a third over the next 5 years without dropping gross margins at all. But they have that option available, if "the competition" ever comes (which it shows no sign of doing).

Tesla has put the entire Model 2 program on pause because they can't keep up with demand for their $50K+ sedan/CUV. When Tesla is ready, they'll move into the Corolla market segment in a big way, and the carnage will be legendary.

Ok ok, selling all my diversified portfolio to buy TSLA with what’s left.
Join the club. I did that yesterday. I now hold TSLA and one share of my original first hand-picked stock. Which is currently trading at fifteen and a half cents...
So 99.99996756% of my entire "portfolio." Does anyone have a higher number? Most of you have me beat in Dollars. But if we are talking about skin in the game, I've got everything but a hangnail riding in a tesla.
EDIT: I was bragging about that .155 share price. I bought it for .07.

Last edited:
Mine is too!

Well, in China if you spot a bat at the site, you don't stop working in case you wake it up, you just eat it. A much more business friendly arrangement.

Tagging the Lower-BB over the past 15 min prompted some selling pressure:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-02-24.10-30.png

To the long time Investors here who have more experience than I do. How do you determine you have seen Capitulation? When everyone who had to sell was forced to sell because of margin calls? When will wallstreet hedge funds think they have to lowest buying point and have grabbed all the shares from the retails at the lowest buying price?

Is there another way to determine capitulation on the chart than 2 massive down red days with everyone on Twitter saying they have sold because TSLA is going back to 400s?

I see a massive buying opportunity here if I had spare change, hedge fund managers must see the same thing I do?

How do they determinate we have reached capitulation day and tomorrow is massive buying day?

Empirically, I consider capitulation for TSLA when the SP stops dropping faster than its historical beta, and certainly when it drops no more than the indexes. That doesn't mean it can't fall further, but at least the SP is no longer driven downwards by margin calls and short term selling.

I wonder if Germany understands what just happened over the past week. News that future Giga Berlin expansion is halted indefinitely and now news breaks that Tesla is starting on a second gigafactory in China next month.

You done blew your chance Germany. Tesla already setting in plans to mitigate Berlin. I think the two pieces of news are clearly tied together and are a direct response to the GigaBerlin mess

Personally, we're in the market for another Model 3 this summer. However $45,000 for a base model 3 is a hard pill to swallow. A small price decrease ($2000?) and I would pull the trigger today. With $4/gal gas (And the prospect of it going even higher), it doesn't make sense to buy anything else.
The time to purchase a Tesla is when the gas prices are low. Purchasing when the prices are high puts you in line with thousands of other people who don't see further then the end of their nose. (Note: not saying that you are in that group because often finances dictate when you can purchase--even if the timing is not ideal.)