Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just returned from a NY-Florida round trip in my MS ... I don't spend much time at superchargers when local ; however this trip was 2400 miles total and I have what i think is a bullish observation ... usually when at a supercharger i will chat with other owners , generally about their experience with their Teslas etc

this trip at least 5 or 6 ICE owners walked over from their gas pumps or stopped in front of the superchargers and wanted to know all about them... it made realize once again just how important this supercharger network is here are some of questions :

"How does it know when its full"
"How do you find the charger when on the highway , there are no signs"
"Do you have to pay for that?"
" where is the credit card reader "
"how long does it take to charge , oh 15-30 minutes depending that not bad ...
"what is that doing ?"

These are the questions of future customers .... very bullish ... more anecdotal proof there is no demand problem

charging at a Tesla supercharger is near frictionless transaction ....
"competitors" have had almost 10 years to copy this design Tesla Supercharger - Wikipedia yet they barely have a network and the transactions are friction filled ... too the point of downright frustration for other EV owners

this trip reminded me what a tremendous lead Tesla has on this very important service for its customers

There are 4 high power Tritium chargers at the Pasadena Tesla Arroyo Supercharger site. At various times since they were first installed, most if not all of them have been inoperative. The original operator stopped supporting them, I forget who it was off the top of my head. As of last weekend, only 1 of the 4 was working. See the thread for that Supercharger for more details. You basically pull your Tesla in and connect, then get a free show watching other make EV drivers dancing around like headless chickens trying to get the Tritium's to work.

RT