Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember when Mr Johnson estimated Operating Cash Flow for Q1 at $1B . . . .the number came in at $4B.

And the regulatory credits he likes to make such a big deal about only comprised 17% of that.

When will CNBC realize Gordy is a clown? Oh, wait..., they only have Gordy on to distract from the fact that for years CNBC themselves openly mocked TSLA as an investment.

5x less cap spend on full 4680 production line in Austin. And highly automated so less opex as well.

Bullish to the 5th power!

This is the stuff I tune in for. That's what I like to hear. Boasts about Optimus out-earning Auto is just unactionable fluff to me. Tidbits like the above are the real meat of these calls. I was asking earlier about Battery Day projections versus current reality, and the call has provided a number of answers to that. Bullish AF.

I suspect part of it is that Elon doesn't want Tesla to be beholden to anybody for operating money. That gives him free will to fight with the SEC and the banks can't hold a gun to his head and say "we will cut off your funding if you don't settle ASAP."

And really, why pay interest on debt when you have "extra" cash on hand. But they should have no problems funding multiple factory builds/expansions at once now.
Yes. It was quite likely the gun to his child’s head that initiated ‘Zach, debt sucks balls! Get rid of it.’ Big mistake to threaten Elon. He will make you pay.

TSLA paid down 2.1B in debt in last quarter.

Wall St. hasn't yet thought about what financials will look like when they are no longer aggressively paying down debt.

Unreal beat all around. If macros would cooperate, stock would be > $1500.
And that while building not one, but two, brand new, state of the art, ~$10 billon factories, with all the startup costs associated with that. I'm thinking Q2 might smash expectations, even with the Shanghai shutdowns.