Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Elon were ever to join TMC he would be banned before his 10th post since he turns every conversation political these days :p .
/s

Let Elon be Elon, focus on the business of Tesla (which is doing pretty well I've heard) and only form opinions based on facts, not gossip.

Allegations, emails & testimony corroborating the allegations, records of a financial settlement & a tacit admission to the settlement by Musk & Space X aren't exactly gossip.

Elon debunked this trope with a meme 8 hrs ago:

Elon Musk on Twitter: "To be clear, I’m spending <5% (but actually) of my time on the Twitter acquisition. It ain’t rocket science! Yesterday was Giga Texas, today is Starbase. Tesla is on my mind 24/7. So may seem like below, but not true. https://t.co/CXfWiLD2f8" / Twitter

FTJ6mBcWUA8hvj9

Twitter isn't a disctraction for Elon; it's a time-saver for direct contact with his followers. Not filtered by the media or pols; they hate being cut out of the loup. Now he wants to fix it so it works better, and fits in Elon's signature 4-D plan. It's no more complicated than that. Let him fix it, I say. But Elon's main efforts remain focused on Tesla and SpaceX.

This is an age-old conundrum. Is it faster for the Lumberjack to stop to sharpen his axe, or to just keep chopping with a dull axe? Let the man sharpen his axe; he's got LOTS of wood that needs chopping. Whole solar systems full of them, and we're not out of the woods yet. ;)

Cheers!
He isnt managing twitter yet. Do we think he will spend less time on twitter once he owns it or more?

Am I the only one that thinks the world's richest man is about to sue Business Insider for libel? Bankruptcy perhaps?
Now that is another productive application for all that extra money they have sitting around gathering dust. ;)

I also like to propose doubling all Tesla production line employees pay, just to set an example for the other OEMs and further demonstrate the lack of any need for unions to fight for their rights.

Then, use buybacks as suggested to dynamically thwart the MMs tactics on a daily basis. That one is my personal favorite.

Sorry that you are having such a hard time vetting.

The solar panels should not have anything to do with the installers. They are a refined product with decades of proof in them, work great and have a standard warranty of 25 years at which point they still work just not at the same efficiency.

Even with low electricity rates I think you should be able to hit 8% returns with a breakeven of about 12 years without the ITC. Great investment by any measure, AFAIK.

In my ridiculous NYC locale I got a 3.5 year breakeven after all the tax breaks. Admittedly got the 30% at the time, plus some state and city backing.

The tax payer welfare would be you recouping your own paid federal taxes, and I personally have never seen that as welfare. Is it so terrible to have direct input on what your own personal tax dollars are spent on every now and then?

But whatever floats your boat. Or climbs your mountain, in this case.

All the best!
Yeah, and the more solar installed the cheaper it gets for everyone... The only thing keeping me from installing a $175,000 Tesla solar roof at my home is the net metering laws limiting total power produced (I'm already net neutral every month for the past 2 years, despite 12 days of snow-covered (non-Tesla) solar panels - (in DECEMBER!!).

Actually, I don't even care about getting paid for the excess power- I need a new roof and I just want to do my part buying TESLA products and generating all I can from my roofs to slow down fossil fuel burning a tad in my own little way... Off0grid wouldn't make me very happy, since not sharing all the extra power with anyone.

Also, my TSLA investments have more than paid for it over the years, despite recent TSLA SP trends. AND I really need a roof!!!

Last edited:
Anyone whose been here awhile has seen this many times before.

The target used to be Tesla the company - but now these attacks on Tesla don't work anymore. The company is doing too well.

Now it seems like they are changing tactics to target Elon directly. Sadly these all seem to be coming from the far left.

Elon may be the guy who unites the right on EVs and sustainable energy.

I am kind of disappointed the SP isn't down this morning, day is still young I guess. I freed up some dry powder hoping to pick up more shares at a good discount. I've learned a lot here the last several years but my biggest takeaway is you have to take Elon as the whole package and just realize he is going to occasionally do something that you don't agree with. You need to weigh the good vs the bad. Every time I think he is crazy I just watch one of his interviews and realize just how amazing he really is.

Anyone whose been here awhile has seen this many times before.

The target used to be Tesla the company - but now these attacks on Tesla don't work anymore. The company is doing too well.

Now it seems like they are changing tactics to target Elon directly. Sadly these all seem to be coming from the far left.

Elon may be the guy who unites the right on EVs and sustainable energy.
If they are coming from the far left then no need to fear. Far left in US has no power. Not to mention isnt Business Insider owned by petroleum interests and CEO banned by SEC from trading because he influenced stock prices with fake news.

Allegations, emails & testimony corroborating the allegations, records of a financial settlement & a tacit admission to the settlement by Musk & Space X aren't exactly gossip.
You want to play?

Allegation: "a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof." = gossip

E-mails & testimony corroborating the allegations: Corroberate: "confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding)." = confirmation of gossip

Settlement: an official agreement intended to resolve a dispute or conflict, but without admittance of guilt. In other words, the fact you settle does not make the allegations any truer. Now you say "why settle in the first place if the allegations are untrue?" -> there are many other possible motivations for a settlement, the most likely being:
- not wanting to hurt the company image (in this case SpaceX) with a Court case, how unfounded it may have been;
- to buy out the risk, cost and effort of a trial.

So yeah, all we're hearing today is gossip. As an attorney I go through (and create) narratives/viewpoints on a daily basis, so I have to be critical of everything I read in order to find either the truth or what can be put forth as the truth (meaning it cannot be disproven).

We often use the saying: "There's three sides to every story: mine, yours and the truth."
Another fun saying is: "Lawyers never lie, they tell their client's version of the truth."

The fact that so many posters seem to lack critical thinking bugs me. A lot. Get a grip.

Last edited:
Now that is another productive application for all that extra money they have sitting around gathering dust. ;)

I also like to propose doubling all Tesla production line employees pay, just to set an example for the other OEMs and further demonstrate the lack of any need for unions to fight for their rights.

Then, use buybacks as suggested to dynamically thwart the MMs tactics on a daily basis. That one is my personal favorite.

Elon tweeted a pretty descriptive tweet of the alleged informant. That speaks loudly that he probably already knows who this was.

If the man files a libel lawsuit, I can't blame him. This is the dirtiest of pool, and he has every right to defend himself.

And lets be honest . . . with Elon's level of wealth, he probably has some really attractive groupies that would give him some company without the expense of a horse (horses are not cheap for those with no experience with them). The $250k payment was probably related to wrongful termination or something.

I am kind of disappointed the SP isn't down this morning, day is still young I guess. I freed up some dry powder hoping to pick up more shares at a good discount. I've learned a lot here the last several years but my biggest takeaway is you have to take Elon as the whole package and just realize he is going to occasionally do something that you don't agree with. You need to weigh the good vs the bad. Every time I think he is crazy I just watch one of his interviews and realize just how amazing he really is.

Zoom out .. it’s definitely down

Elon tweeted a pretty descriptive tweet of the alleged informant. That speaks loudly that he probably already knows who this was.

Many people think they know. The train to crazy town has left the station.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
Once Elon decided he is not going through with the twitter deal the other day, I think he deliberately set the hate avalanche in motion with the "I vote republican tweet".
Benefits:
  • Flush out the dirt that people have on him now to be in the clear when he needs public support in the future.
  • Reduction of TSLA price so Tesla can buy back their shares cheaper now that its swimming in cash and doesn't need funding.

Many people think they know. The train to crazy town has left the station.

Isn't she getting her butt handed to her in her current trial? She really want to go down this route?