Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
call IVs are not that bullish.
This deep-as-physically-possible Monday dip is getting quite reliable. Folks in the other thread must be in a feeding frenzy selling put spreads.

Max pain is $730 and the massive call wall is $800. Should be a snoozer of a week. I'll take as close to 799 as the gods want to take us.

Reactions: UCF3 and phantasms
This deep-as-physically-possible Monday dip is getting quite reliable. Folks in the other thread must be in a feeding frenzy selling put spreads.

Max pain is $730 and the massive call wall is $800. Should be a snoozer of a week. I'll take as close to 799 as the gods want to take us.
This week is setup for nothing but chop until Friday morning. Friday, all hell could break loose either way.

I thought I was on the other thread. My bad! But yes, seems like this rebound will be short lived from where we're standing.

If Elon is worried about a recession impacting Tesla, what is his worry exactly? Ignoring the fact that a recession is hardly a foregone conclusion, with Tesla's relatively low output and desirable/niche product (especially in a high oil price environment) it's hard to imagine Tesla being impacted too much. Perhaps some small price adjustments.

There's a cap on the entire market as Vix is trying to bounce off support. It's an inflection point right now if vix can be crushed down below 24 or if it will bounce to 30. Recovery requires a crush down below 24.
Under 24 would allow for a move to 12,700... and if CPI comes back good (large if), a potential break to the next leg up to 13,200. I imagine though the bears are going to try to keep this as close to the 12k 30 day as possible. Anything under 12,400 is good for them as it allow the leg down into the 11k range possible on Friday... and keeping under 12,400 should cap the rally from a good CPI print below 13k for a few days.

I think Elon likes to have cover for potentially unpopular decisions.

So to fire a bunch of people, he reiterates his recession concern so he doesn’t appear heavy-handed.

To sell shares, he makes the poll and simply “abides” by the result.

To buy Twitter (and sell more shares), another poll.
Exactly, hence the joking "super bad" phrasing. He's basically poking the SEC while justifying something he's already decided he's 100% doing.

Who knew that Elon had Jim Inhofe as a friend? Maybe Elon should make a list of all the times that environmentalists were annoyingly wrong? He seems to be affected with flight of ideas.
Trying to turn this subtopic from (potentially) politics to its close argumentative brother, philosophy: Elon here may well be referring to the philosophy of "longtermism" (yes, really it's a thing). Very difficult to summarize but here is one in-depth description and take on the philosophy for those with such a bent and the attention span to read a few pages:

Longtermism essay

TL;DR Very hard to summarize without butchering. I'll just overview an upside and potential downside (as most philosophies have) from the essay. Apologies in advance for oversimplifying. Potential upside: we should strive for maximum spread+achievement of earth-based life over timescale of billions of years / lifetime of the universe. Potential downside: the ends justify the means, basically. Mass human suffering in the short term barely registers if it gets us to the long term / big scale.

Disclaimer: I found this essay useful. It associates Elon and some other big names and big money with this philosophy. I do not know Elon's personal philosophy at this moment in time, nor am I attempting to say that his possible attachment to this one is good or bad. I wrote this post to try to add some depth to the frequent snapshots of Elon's thinking that we often see here.

I don't see any planned superchargers on Tesla.com any more; where did you find the map or list of future Superchargers?
I see them, but they are light grey and easy to miss. Helps if you remove the destination chargers. However, in the later browsers the map doesn't display (just a blank page with the buttons to remove destination chargers, etc.). Earlier browsers work just fine. I wish they would fix it.