Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think the recent TSLA volatility would want some to trade on that pattern, a Bob for example.
This could mean the banks temp the trading landscape, exaggerated it so that some more people sell than normal and all ready for the next dip that never happens. Their investment cleaned out in the end.

Is that how this works? Not falling for it... still all in.

• Love
Reactions: Stone_Watcher
Looking forward, this cannot help the Dems and the more people that become Tesla owners, the more people they turn off. Tesla is just hitting their stride in terms of volume sales so, at some point relatively soon, they need to wise up because that number continues to grow. The new car buying public is a demographic the Dems desperately need to help them win elections.
After I read the first 2 words of your post, I was not sure if you're serious or kidding. I'll stop here as this veers into partisan politics territory. I'll just say very few look forward (from either party) and all politics is about here and now. No one really considers what Tesla would be doing in 5 or 10 years.

its funny how the headlines change to make the sentiment algos do what is needed. The day started with NHTSA 'upgrades probe'. The algos marked it positive sentiment based on 'upgrade'. Then it became 'escalates probe' and that was not generating sufficient negative sentiment. Finally 'expands probe' seems to be what they settled on to get most bang for the buck from algos.

SPY and QQQ were trading in a range for almost two weeks. SPY $407 was finally broken and everything is dumping.

CPI numbers tomorrow, so the volatility will probably continue tomorrow.
The bears wanted it under the 30 day MA prior to CPI so it could be pushed to the 11k low if it is bad... mission accomplished. Also sets up a nice algo resistance spot if the numbers are good... though I don't think that'll matter if it is good.

• Helpful
Reactions: The Accountant
Hey guys. Remember the big infrastructure bill that was signed by Biden back in Nov. 15 2021? it contained 7.5 billion for EV charging... well after about 7 months hey finally issued a statement about the progress...
A little painful for us TMC'rs as they take credit for the amount of "EV" sold in the US this past year...
Anyways, this could have been such an easy win for them. Just give the $ to Tesla and you can claim credit for instantly turning on (by adding adapters) the largest EV charging network in the world. Looks like they will take the long and painful road instead.

Hey guys. Remember the big infrastructure bill that was signed by Biden back in Nov. 15 2021? it contained 7.5 billion for EV charging... well after about 7 months hey finally issued a statement about the progress...
A little painful for us TMC'rs as they take credit for the amount of "EV" sold in the US this past year...
Anyways, this could have been such an easy win for them. Just give the $ to Tesla and you can claim credit for instantly turning on (by adding adapters) the largest EV charging network in the world. Looks like they will take the long and painful road instead.

What a cluster. From a lot of digging the main requirements seem to be:
  • Every ~50 miles on major highways
  • Within 1 mile of the highway
  • A minimum of 4 CCS chargers capable of 150kW each.
  • A minimum of 600kW of electrical service. (So that all 4 chargers can be used at the 150kW rate at the same time.)
Note: They are allowed to buy adapters from CCS to something else. So they could buy Tesla CCS adapters to tether to the stations. They can also contract out the design, build, maintenance, and operation. So they could just hire Tesla to do it. :rolleyes:

The bad part is that the states have less than 2 months to create and submit their plan to get access to the money. (Due 8/1/2022.) Though it seems like they have already determined how the money will be split between the states for FY22, which totals $615M: FHWA Notice N 4510.863 - Apportionment Of Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Highway Infrastructure Program Funds for the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program Pursuant to the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act | Federal Highway Administration

Texas gets the most at $60M, followed by California at $56M, Puerto Rico gets the least at $2M. (They even have almost $8M earmarked for Alaska.)

Wow, we just got FSD Beta in the Model 3 and our score was low 90's. Brother in Ca as well. Broad rollout possibly.
I've been out for a couple months, but now the dips and bumps are very nice... it's driving like I do and resolved 2 local issues we had seen on earlier versions.
Sometimes at low speeds the wheel jitters quickly and briefly, but the trajectory is still solid. Like a shiver, and right at the complex decision moments. It's thinking hard.

Bravo Tesla Full Self Driving Team!

Watch out Mary, looks like we have another “leader” on our hands!

Attachments

• EC0F01A9-53BD-49EF-A4AE-7C20E8B9FA72.jpeg
    EC0F01A9-53BD-49EF-A4AE-7C20E8B9FA72.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 100
I agree other auto makers doesn’t have good margins. However, I don’t understand how GM is able to lower so much on the price of Bolt. Do they make money on the $26K MSRP?
The Bolt is going to be a "no-see-um" at the $26K price point. That's just to make headlines, to support the notion that GM is a leader in bringing the price of EV' down. It will also be used to get people in the door to kick tires. It's the equivalent of a magician's handkerchief. Watch what the other hand is doing.

Hint: It will be selling ICE cars for more than they are worth. 🤫

What a cluster. From a lot of digging the main requirements seem to be:
  • Every ~50 miles on major highways
  • Within 1 mile of the highway
  • A minimum of 4 CCS chargers capable of 150kW each.
  • A minimum of 600kW of electrical service. (So that all 4 chargers can be used at the 150kW rate at the same time.)
Note: They are allowed to buy adapters from CCS to something else. So they could buy Tesla CCS adapters to tether to the stations. They can also contract out the design, build, maintenance, and operation. So they could just hire Tesla to do it. :rolleyes:

The bad part is that the states have less than 2 months to create and submit their plan to get access to the money. (Due 8/1/2022.) Though it seems like they have already determined how the money will be split between the states for FY22, which totals $615M: FHWA Notice N 4510.863 - Apportionment Of Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Highway Infrastructure Program Funds for the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program Pursuant to the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act | Federal Highway Administration

Texas gets the most at $60M, followed by California at $56M, Puerto Rico gets the least at $2M. (They even have almost $8M earmarked for Alaska.)

So the government is going contract out the build these stations? I always though a better route was some incentives for the current players to build out faster. Let them cover most of the cost but some incentive $$ if it meets certain standards.

Reactions: geometro