Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't there verified reports that both Shanghai (2.5 years old) and Giga Berlin (3 months old) are shutting down for a couple weeks in July for "upgrades?"
Thank you for your continued insightful commentary. Those verified reports make me realize how dark and stormy TSLA’s future is. It’s all bad news everyday.

On an unrelated note, I’m trying to change my user name to TheSkyisFalling. Would someone be able to help me?

So it's bullish that Tesla designed its new German factory so poorly that they need to shut it down three months into operation because Elon/the company is unhappy with each car spending 3 minutes at each manufacturing station?

They spent $1bn+ to open this factory and didn't bother to design the line properly?
...or, they could be innovating at such a rate as to justify the upgrades, thus furthering the distance between themselves and their already nonexistent competition. But hey, what do I know. 😉

Dan

My personal thought is that Amazon won't let them be doomed, but a path to profitability looks incredibly tough... and they probably have the best path of all the American EV upstarts. Auto manufacturing is a tough business that people simply think is easy because 'Tesla did it!' without understanding what it took for Tesla to actually do it.

They have an absolutely huge backstop, but at some point someone is going to make the bleeding stop.

At what point does Amazon force a big management change?

Reactions: wtlloyd
People, why argue with someone who's grasp on reality is so distorted they think 90 seconds is three minutes?
SmartSelect_20220705-135626_Firefox.jpg

Tesla pauses in Germany while expanding in Texas - electrive.com

This is why I wont watch cnbc, read their site, give them any clicks.
A simple, trivial, kindergarten level analysis shows that GoJo is a complete idiot, or a paid shill, and yet knowing this, they continue to give him a platform. Screw CNC, they are either incompetent, or corrupt. Probably both.

The fact that CNC pretends to be reporting financial news is shocking to me. Its pretty much open fraud at this point. Just total, and utter fraud. I look forward to Q3 financials and, likely around Q4 financials, when we see the companies idiots like gojo support starting to collapse into bankruptcy. This idiot needs to see just how wrong he is, and CNBC viewers need to see just how awful and corrupt that organisation must be.

Agreed. But it's not just CNBC:
On my TD Ameritrade/thinkorswim Live News feed, an entry is titled "Tesla has lost its product edge, says GLJ Research's Gordon Johnson," with one line of text of the main body. While there's a video to it on Desktop version (with both Gene and Gordo speaking), on my thinkorswim Phone app, that's all: a title, and one line "news" itself, no video or external link.

Also, right above this entry, it's "China cracks down on critical Tesla, BMW supplier," which it's about insider trading, and has nothing to do with the supplier's production and has nothing to do with Tesla whatsoever.

Don't know how TD Ameritrade/thinkorswim gets its "Live News"feed, but that's a moot point: it's much bigger than just Gordo as a person, or CNBC attracting viewers via negativity. $TSLA is a major tool for some entities (MMs? hedgies?) to rack up profits, and so are Gordo and CNBC: tools manipulated by something else, and they're happy to go with it as they get a cut of profit. We likely only have a glimpse of their vast tool set.

Yes, there is another way to say it. Corrupt.
One word from the grumpy cat summarizes everything perfectly. Probably the emerging Tesla litigation team can do something.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 49
Me, yesterday at about 1:19 pm-

Berlin is fairly new info- and Q is already all over it with stuff like "How incompetent is Tesla at building factories when only a few months after opening one they have to close it for 'upgrades'"

You, 24 hours later in the same thread-

So it's bullish that Tesla designed its new German factory so poorly that they need to shut it down three months into operation because Elon/the company is unhappy with each car spending 3 minutes at each manufacturing station?

They spent $1bn+ to open this factory and didn't bother to design the line properly?

I wish I could predict short term stock prices as well as I do short term Q posts :)

Math is hard

It really doesn't matter if Rivian's number is 700 or 2300. Unless/ until they can consistently hit 1000/ week the company is irrelevant and likely as not, doomed. They can't even hit their most recent downward production goal of 25k vehicles unless they get in that ballpark. They need to start cranking out 500 vans/ week just to meet their obligation to Amazon.
Agreed. The 700 number sounds fishy, that's it. As Tesla investors, we shouldn't readily accept bad numbers for others as its face value when its veracity is not convincing, even the number doesn't matter in a larger sense.

TSLA being held down more than QQQ because of max pain. Algos are likely looking to hold $700 for the week. Good luck with that.

This is why we only rip higher, not gradually increase market cap. The TSLA options market is too darn big.
Is it being held down more though? It got pushed down a lot more at the start of the day, but is currently higher than QQQ and has been for a hour or two now.

Can everyone please hit the ignore button for DarkandStormy instead of actually responding to his nonsense? He is a proven and repeated troll. Despite the fact that I have him on ignore, I still have to wade through multiple posts related to his crap because you are all responding. Help me out, please.

Thanks!

Mod: Sage advice, thank you. He's gone for the time being anyway. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:

Innovation happens fast and furiously. Tesla is continuously improving the efficiency & productivity of their production lines, this isn't anything new. Either you don't know what you are talking about, OR your intentions here are not genuine. Which is it? 🤔

So, in the "DarkandStormy" alternate universe 90 seconds = 3 minutes? :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry traxila.

Is it being held down more though? It got pushed down a lot more at the start of the day, but is currently higher than QQQ and has been for a hour or two now.
I know nothing, just guessing by the look of TSLA relative to GOOG/AAPL/QQQ. I don't think it's anything more complex than a series of simple algos doing basically the same thing for several market makers.

If volume is low and they can cap the SP, they do it. There's just far far far more incentive to do it to TSLA because there's that many more options contracts out there.

It's not even "manipulation", it's just market making that should absolutely positively be illegal. Since the market maker is profiting so much using tools that should only be for adding liquidity. (sorry to keep reopening this topic, but hey.....its very impactful to TSLA)

Now, sometimes even Wikipedia can provide a 'warning on the wall'

Reuters - Source: Wikipedia

"Climate change reporting[edit]
In July 2013, David Fogarty, former Reuters climate change correspondent in Asia, resigned after a career of almost 20 years with the company and wrote that "progressively, getting any climate change-themed story published got harder"... "

"Partnership with TASS[edit]
On 1 June 2020, Reuters announced that Russian news agency TASS had joined its "Reuters Connect" program, comprising a then-total of 18 partner agencies. Reuters president Michael Friedenberg said he was "delighted that TASS and Reuters are building upon our valued partnership".[59] Two years later, TASS's membership in Reuters Connect came under scrutiny in the wake of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine; Politico reported that Reuters staff members were "frustrated and embarrassed" that their agency had not suspended its partnership with TASS.[
"

More @ the source.

This pretty much guarantees that whatever they publish TSLA is a sham.