Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one think that lane keeping and TACC should always be engaged. Car should also slow you down so you dont run into the car in front of you. If you dont have turn signal on car shouldnt allow to drift into other lane. If you really want to with out signal a firm turn of wheel overrides. If you really need to accelerate and get very close to car in front of you then firm press of accelerator.

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and bkp_duke
I did like that Elon reaffirmed a 20M annual production rate with 10-12 factories as the ultimate vehicle goal for Tesla. Hopefully someone will pick that up and run with it (yeah I know, I'm dreaming).
I dont know. Knowing they plan on 20M annual production sort of gave that information away. I also dont care really how many factories it takes. Now tell me how many models of vehicles gets them to 20M annual run rate would be interesting.

I did like that Elon reaffirmed a 20M annual production rate with 10-12 factories as the ultimate vehicle goal for Tesla. Hopefully someone will pick that up and run with it (yeah I know, I'm dreaming).
Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 7.52.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 7.55.53 PM.png

If slamming on the brakes is not your no.1 (or no.2 - after veering) defensive instinct in a car, you're not a good driver. Not Tesla's fault to anticipate what you want. To be clear, a Tesla will already brake if it sees a stoppage ahead. TACC is not a design flaw.
That's an infrequent use. Almost every disengagement in urban driving is to prevent the car from roaring up to the stop rather than gently slowing down as soon as it sees the red light. It's a pain to have to press the lower stalk.

I for one think that lane keeping and TACC should always be engaged. Car should also slow you down so you dont run into the car in front of you. If you dont have turn signal on car shouldnt allow to drift into other lane. If you really want to with out signal a firm turn of wheel overrides. If you really need to accelerate and get very close to car in front of you then firm press of accelerator.

If I need to make an emergency adjustment to avoid something, I don't want to fight the car's lane keeping because it's not "thinking ahead" enough.

• 2 million run rate by EOY ‘22
  • Aiming for 1.5 million end of year produced

These stats.. Going to go do some math

Edit: The Math

Q1+Q2 Production : 563,000

So 1.5M - 563,000 = 936,000 for Q3+Q4, Averages 468,000 Vehicles in both Q3 and Q4.
So if annual run rate is 2M EOY, 500,000 quarterly EOY22....

Would that mean that Tesla is aiming for 436,000 Produced for Q3?
That's pretty much the only way the math works out to hit1.5 million for 2022.

Even if you think they're going to come in slightly under that number at say 1.47 million, it would still mean you're looking at a 400k Q3.

If I need to make an emergency adjustment to avoid something, I don't want to fight the car's lane keeping because it's not "thinking ahead" enough.
Then you are grabbing it hard not slowly drifting into the next lane. Like someone not paying attention and a highway curve comes up and car just keeps going straight. To me lane keeping should not allow that to happen. If you physically turn the wheel then yeah it should respond.

Then you are grabbing it hard not slowly drifting into the next lane. Like someone not paying attention and a highway curve comes up and car just keeps going straight. To me lane keeping should not allow that to happen. If you physically turn the wheel then yeah it should respond.

No, like when you are in Chicago traffic and someone ahead of you has something fall out of their truck and you need to get clear of it (literally been in this situation). Fighting, even a little bit, against lane keeping in situations like that mean the difference between impact with said object, and not.

Reactions: Drumheller
Waymo on steroids. Tesla really needs to do this.
Waymo on steroids? This functionality already exists across a range of brands/models and much of it has been pioneered by Mobileye. Apple CarPlay crowdsources traffic data and will warn you of congestion, automatically reroute you, etc. You can quickly tag speed traps and then other people using CarPlay get a notification when approaching that location.

CarPlay even recently started throwing warnings when you’re driving into areas with severe weather alerts and tells you to be cautious, I’ve received two of these on recent drives when severe thunderstorm watches were in effect.

Other vehicles using Mobileye’s crowdsourced data already somehow know where new temporary construction zones are set up complete with speed limit changes. They warn you of upcoming red light cameras, automatically adjust suspension based on crowdsourced pot hole data and/or cameras scanning the road ahead, and all sorts of other stuff.

That's an infrequent use. Almost every disengagement in urban driving is to prevent the car from roaring up to the stop rather than gently slowing down as soon as it sees the red light. It's a pain to have to press the lower stalk.
Tap brake is a more natural way of disengaging both in those situations.

That's pretty much the only way the math works out to hit1.5 million for 2022.

Even if you think they're going to come in slightly under that number at say 1.47 million, it would still mean you're looking at a 400k Q3.

Yep. Personally, and its just my opinion, I think we'll end up closer to 1.4 million for the year than 1.5 million. The production increase needed for Q3 and Q4 to hit 1.5 is simply too aggressive in my opinion. If Q2 hadn't been impacted by the Shanghai shutdown then 1.5 would have been an easy target, but now I think it's improbable.

1.4 would still be 50% growth for the year, so there's nothing at all wrong with that. :cool:

Yep. Personally, and its just my opinion, I think we'll end up closer to 1.4 million for the year than 1.5 million. The production increase needed for Q3 and Q4 to hit 1.5 is simply too aggressive in my opinion. If Q2 hadn't been impacted by the Shanghai shutdown then 1.5 would have been an easy target, but now I think it's improbable.

1.4 would still be 50% growth for the year, so there's nothing at all wrong with that. :cool:
Elon literally just said he thinks they'll hit it. It's not like he's forecasting for a year from now. It's literally this quarter and next.

So barring anything that comes up that isn't known as of today (like another Shanghai factory shutdown), Elon's words here hold a lot of weight.

So assuming 3:1 will be announced by the 8K, as of what date will the shares need to be on record? Convinced a friend to open a brokerage account, but he can't buy anything until Monday, that's why I ask.
They will announce what date you need to be shareholder of record at the same time as they announce what the date of the split will be.