Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what’s your rationalization? If orders are going down while backlogs have been reduced massively, that should alarm any rational investor. Why do you refuse to consider that this may be caused by demand issues? It’s been a day since Troy posted about demand issues and no one has brought up a reasonable non-demand explanation. If it’s not demand issues, then what is it?
Thank you all @MC3OZ @jeewee3000 @Gigapress et al for debunking this FUDster - am putting him on my ignore list - eating too much of my time

Yes, it is an over-the-air software update, not a recall to service centers. As usual, the Reuters headline is misleading.

Blame NHTSA/ federal law. It is a recall, the cars are recalled. That doesn't mean they need to be physically serviced.
Through Reuters could say "issued a recall" or "initiated a recall campaign" nobody does that.
49 CFR § 573.6 - Defect and noncompliance information report.

Blame NHTSA/ federal law. It is a recall, the cars are recalled. That doesn't mean they need to be physically serviced.
Through Reuters could say "issued a recall" or "initiated a recall campaign" nobody does that.
49 CFR § 573.6 - Defect and noncompliance information report.

I blame Reuters. Historically and generally in the auto industry, "recall" means calling the car back to the dealer for repair. Even software updates must be performed by the dealer for most automakers.

A non-misleading headline would be: "Tesla fixes window-reversing software with over-the-air update." That's what is stated in the second paragraph of the article, which Reuters hopes will be read less than the headline and first paragraph.

Fossil Fuel addicts woes as California will not only eliminate gas vehicles but also diesel. Tesla Semi may need to adjust production to meet demands. Giga Texas and Giga Fremont and Giga Sparks might fill these needs. So much is happening with TE as well it is hard to keep track. I hope Fed X gets Tesla Semis to help out their bottom line.
Other news BS was about Giga Brandenburg shipping battery production to the US. The FUD is remarkable but nice if one is buying chairs.

More great news; Washington and Oregon to go all EV

I like this link on the Domination of Tesla Superchargers which owners already know

4) The new China EV incentive kicks in after next week, this is very likely the reason for supply catching up with demand currently, and it will likely reverse very quickly
I don't think there is a new government incentive, where the incentive comes in is that in the past few months Tesla raised Model Y's price in China so much so that the base model no longer qualifies for government EV incentive. Some potential buyers are hoping Tesla would cut price so that baseline Model Y can get the incentive again, it seems that this expectation is part of the reasons that delivery is lower than expected.

It could be that Tesla overestimated demand when they approved the expansion. It's clear that at the end of Q2, Tesla management was expecting unlimited demand to continue. Now at end of Q3, it seems demand isn't unlimited.
You have stated your case and received multiple responses. You seem to have made up your mind and want to act on the information that Tesla demand has slowed. But you continue to post the same stuff over and over again. Also you just arrived. Perhaps you have some additional interest in helping the board members here liquidate as well?

If you don’t want to be labelled a troll, then don’t follow their playbook.

STEP ONE: Let’s move on until new information is available.

Thanks, Mom!

In pre-market things were looking green, but upon the open it's all dropping very red now. Rally cancelled!!!! :rolleyes:
Never let a good Fed hike go by without trying to rattle a few investors. Macro not really cooperating with this MMD, but we'll see.

Max pain this week is $301.67 and algos are likely just pushing us to that. I'd like to see us capped at $305 or $310 by the end f today so this $300-301and2/3 max pain is out of the equation for a friday close.

Reactions: Nocturnal
The stock has also outperformed other companies I like over the last 2 months and I want to rotate into some of them.
Would you mind sharing your Other Stocks of Interest? You can do so in the dedicated thread or, if discretion is a concern, in a private message.

I'm curious, not only for financial reasons (who knows where we'll invest next!) but mostly because I like to discover, understand and follow new possibles disruptions – for better or for worse. I'd love to find communities that are similar to TMC but focused on different topics: after a decade worrying about climate change, I can't wait to find a new cause of distress 🤣😭

Reactions: UltradoomY
Fascinating to watch Musk on Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC talking about and showing the SpaceX facility and Starship.
Different from Everyday Astrounaut's 3 part videos?
In pre-market things were looking green, but upon the open it's all dropping very red now. Rally cancelled!!!! :rolleyes:
What's new?

People with brains are trying to flee Russia en mass. Papa has called national mobilization. The border with Norway is packed. People and soldiers hurt themselves not to a part of this. It is time for papa to eat the bullet and new mob to come in. This farce has gone for too long.