Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When VW needs to ask their cars back to dealers for check and possibly replacement of batteries, that's call service measure
When Tesla needs to update it's software for windows self closing issues, that's call recall

Got it
I’m not a lawyer and I’ve only read the US regulations in this area but I’m pretty sure “Recall” is the term used when the motor vehicle defect is safety-related, which this cell self-discharge issue isn’t, whereas the window self-closing issue was a noncompliance to one of the safety standards (specifically FMVSS 118, Section 5 which limits the maximum closing force a power window system is allowed to exert against an obstruction before automatically reversing direction).

This is also the same regulation that still requires Tesla to send out paper mail notifications for recalls that have OTA fixes available before the mail even arrives.

I think other markets like Canada and the EU, etc. probably use similar terminology.

Buy GM? /s

"Since the Lyriq has only just started deliveries, the recall impacts only 186 units."

It'd be interesting to know - in classic Tesla / SpaceX fashion - how many bugs (and how major those were!) were incrementally fixed between when Model 3s were sold in 2017 only to employees, and those later sold / released to the general population (from the waiting list).

Seems like GM, Toyota, VW - basically all - could have benefited from Tesla's more iterative approach to product development for their EV deployments!

Buy GM? /s

"Since the Lyriq has only just started deliveries, the recall impacts only 186 units."

When did they start getting delivered? Wasnt it like May?

This should help a bit to stay strong:
“We see so much potential, we don’t want to sell,” says Baron. “Of all the companies I cover and [those] analysts come pitch to me, the company I feel the most confidence in is Tesla.”

EDIT: Read "Baron" and thought Ron Baron... It´s David but anyway.

Was it because of pack temp or SOC?

I ask because putting 10's of KW in of energy into it for an extended period of time would tend to heat it up, unless ambient temps were cold enough to counteract even that...
It wasn't the SOC. That was in like the 50% area. I am only assuming it was temperature related.

It was a relatively cool day. Probably in the 40s at the summit and in the mid 60s at the bottom. So the pack should have been warming from the charge and from the increasing temperature but nevertheless regen was decreasing.

I've also seen this multiple times coming down Eisenhower, Vail, Berthoud, and monarch passes. Once you've been regen-ing for 20+ minutes you get the .... on the left and eventually a pop-up warning that regen is reduced. It happens even at pretty low SOC (like 20% or so) where you can get really good supercharger speeds.

Navigating to a supercharger and the car is preconditioning is the only time I don't see this happen.

Macros and TSLA today- meh...

Looking forward, or zooming out, provides clarity.

My advice for now
wait just wait.gif

His delivery style is just plain annoying and juvenile. And he hypes. Tesla is already doing great and has amazing products, demand, revenue and profits lined up for the next 10 years. There is no need to hype it even more with that delivery style.
Agree BUT he reaches vast audience anyway. At least he is not Gordo.

It's just talk. They are losing to Ukraine now. Can you image if Europe/Nato joined the fight?
Ukraine would have been no more if they did not receive substanial help from others. Yes, they are not involved directly.

No matter how much the stock is down today, just think how good it's going to feel a few days from now when we find out Q3 deliveries are 100K+ higher than Q2 deliveries were. I'm going to have cookies to celebrate once P&D numbers are out. :D
I am not counting my chickens for sure. Too many surprises in the past.

Reactions: wtlloyd
Below is what the chief TA Craig Johnson at Piper Sandler wrote this morning. I bought my first Tesla shares when he sent me a similar comment nearly 10 years ago.

• TSLA—Shares have pulled back from the upper end of a declining price channel. • Currently retesting the 10-/30-week WMAs. • RS has climbed back into positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking. • Add to positions on a downtrend reversal.

IMO the risk is far less than other companies, but instead of 50-60% growth... we might be looking more at 40-45%.
If Tesla drops to 40-45% growth, they will still be killing it. Very few companies can match that in a doomsday scenario. So Tesla should be the company that Wall Street is putting their money into. It should definitely not be dropping 2X macro for two days in a row right before record P&D.

Next macro milestone is 8:30am tomorrow EST for the PCE show.

If it points to the Fed stopping the rate hike madness then we'll be massively up tomorrow in pre-market...that's my hope anyways...

If it points to the Fed stopping the rate hike madness then we'll be massively up tomorrow in pre-market...that's my hope anyways...

Here’s some dumpster reading for you.

They looking bearish on short term pce reading

• Informative
Reactions: NooB_cat

The expectation is already that inflation will moderate, it has peaked and will gradually walk down. Commodities have rolled over, shipping costs are down, energy is down, etc.

Labour market is the big focus now and they’re not stopping until they see unemployment significantly higher. They’re hiking until they break something, then they’re holding to assess.