Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
220 Calls are.... happening.
1666709144210.png

It's funny, we generally want the stock to always go up. That makes us the happiest. But there's a point on the way down, a tipping point, where we actually start wanting it to go down further. Greed has it's strange ways.

No, no there isn't. There is never a time where I want it to go down at all. Ever.

I agree with all of that.
Tesla is my main hope for disrupting the oil&gas industry, as it works on multiple fronts: personal transportation (soon ridesharing), residential/utility-level energy storage, very soon freight, soon-ish home heating. It works at the hardware level and the software level.
Unfortunately, the conversation isn't about any of this because:
1. Elon
2. Media
3. Fossil propaganda

Change the order as you like, but this are the top 3 factors. Elon is against gigantic foes - communication-wise - and he's been losing this particular war. Almost nobody outside here sees Tesla for what it really is - a titanic effort to accelerate a sustainable economy - but talk all the time about Elon's tweets and various shenanigans. Apparently, he doesn't really care to shift the conversation to the main topic (maybe he thinks this is a lost battle, who knows).
And before piling up with the disagrees, please consider how much Elon's pushing Tesla tweets and communication and how much he uses Twitter for personal reasons: there's no match. All Tesla environmental discourse is lost in the noise.

I really hope this will change in the near future, with Tesla Energy ramping up and showing it's potential, and Tesla Semi. But I won't hold my breath.

I'm glad Elon avoids spending too much time Tweeting "environmental discourse". People don't like to be preached to, it would largely be preaching to the choir anyway, and, most importantly, avoiding putting environmental discourse front and center helps create the largest pool of receptive buyers.

What you like and want is not what everyone likes and wants. Elon gets this. Thankfully.

Is this an Elliot Wave thing?
EWT is part of it. There's a huge head & shoulder setup that is ultra bearish if TSLA breaks ~ 185 and I don't think the market is THAT bearish on TSLA. There's also a falling wedge that we just broke out of yesterday. Check out the double bullish diversion on a daily timeframe. 195 has been on my radar for almost a month now.
1666711600741.png

Last edited:
That would mean you've already purchased all the TSLA shares you're going to?
(In the voice of Carl Sagan from Pale Blue Dot):

That's TSLA. That's the stock.
In it, every dollar I ever owned. Every summer job, every college internship,
every garage sale, every lawn mowed, every career I ever had, makes its home there.
The aggregate of my wins and losses, hundreds of thousands of confident, crisp bills.
Every nickel, every dime; every five and twenty;
every penny found on the sidewalk,
every quarter eagerly discovered under a vending machine;
every dollar found amongst the damp lint in the pocket of my freshly washed jeans--
lives there: in a single stock, suspended in a vast cosmic market.

Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those shorts and non-believers,
So that in glory and triumph, I can become a momentary master of my own financial future.

(In other words, I'm pretty much all in (except for emergency funds/some savings for safety). I periodically have some more to put in, but I'm a die-hard holder (since I'm never able to predict the market's illogical behavior).

I have a feeling that Elon's "I won't let you down" tweet had a double meaning. First, I think he meant it just as it sounds, but second, I think he was hinting that he wasn't going to be selling more shares.

Is he never going to give up on us?
Is he never going to let us down?
Is he never going to turn around and desert us?

/me I hope someone gets this reference

Or whale is buying. Whales must eat a lot to survive...

At the very least, it gives us insight into what Elon is searching for on Twitter. If you search "whale" right now, that tweet is the first thing to come up:

1666712130232.png

To me that indicates he knows a whale is driving the SP right now, and was curious to see if anyone called it correctly. But it's definitely up for interpretation.