Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expect some good news coming from Elon. I say we put in a good bottom today unless 195 is lost on a daily timeframe. There's also October MIC sales number due next week.
1666671793578.png

Last edited:
Wow. I knew most people weren't "experts", but just...wow. I can't believe the amount of ignorance regarding EVs. Not even Tesla's....Just read through the comments. We've got a long way to go to educate the general population!

Couple examples:

After you factor in the $30k battery replacement at 80k miles the cost per mile is significantly higher than RENEWABLE diesel or even gas. And it can't tow. No thank you.

I'll pass. Take an ICE over an EV any day, and the ICE is far cheaper to run and maintain.

-purchase price is lower but running any ev not made by tesla is significantly cheaper than keeping a regular truck on the road
🤪
BTW this truck is more of the competition coming.....Spring '24.

Last edited:
there is a technique or tactic in sailing that really stuck with me.

when many boats are racing, one boat ends up in the lead, clean air, gets to take advantage. The boats behind thus have to do something different to overtake. The lead boat is faced with a choice to continue as they are or do what the other boats do. If the lead boat mimics what the 2nd place boat does, it captures the same wind and thus performance and thus maintains its lead.

tesla is in the lead of the ev race and has excelled in doing what other have threatened to do.
-battery exchange? Used to be a threat and now never talked about
-crabbing or having all 4 wheels steer? Someone got press on that and they pivoted to the same and robbed the wind from competitors

toyota was the lead in ice and all cars. Their leadership has failed to captain the sailboat. They could have been out front by now Or at least owned a piece of it…

toyoda also failed to learn from sun tzu, art of war, keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. I guess they did not see it coming.

thus, the small stone from the mighty musk slingshot hath brought down the leader

usually the FUD against Tesla and Elon is just that FUD ... but with Twitter purchase it is not FUD it was a unforced error that is possibly harming Tesla the business over a sustained period
IMO, the only good outcome is a failure of the deal to buy Twitter. If you think there are problems now, just wait.

Twitter is an audience manufacturing machine. In case you haven’t noticed, seeking an audience is not one of the virtues.

SNL will be available one day.…

Wow. I knew most people weren't "experts", but just...wow. I can't believe the amount of ignorance regarding EVs. Not even Tesla's....Just read through the comments. We've got a long way to go to educate the general population!

Couple examples:

After you factor in the $30k battery replacement at 80k miles the cost per mile is significantly higher than RENEWABLE diesel or even gas. And it can't tow. No thank you.

I'll pass. Take an ICE over an EV any day, and the ICE is far cheaper to run and maintain.

-purchase price is lower but running any ev not made by tesla is significantly cheaper than keeping a regular truck on the road
🤪
BTW this truck is more of the competition coming.....Spring '24.

People not being current about how long EV batteries last, or other EV operation and savings differences seems reasonable by comparison to how customers are taken in by some of the tried and true tactics used to market the vehicles.

I think that to a degree GM has always depended upon the ignorance of their customers. So, many buyers also won't notice* that this truck's chassis appears to be the same that the Hummer EV is built on. You know that GM still expects their Hummer customers to pay two to three times the price for slight differences in bodywork and features. *(or they will notice, and flock to buy the GMC at a discount to the Hummer. Win-win.)

Looking forward to the Cadillac models being introduced as Chevy and Buick models with slight sheet metal changes, less chrome, and fewer buttons. 🤷‍♂️

This has been business as usual for GM (and others, thanks @ZachF ) for decades,... and for the U.S. customer base forever. Maybe it is due to too much Fluoride in the water? 🤔

Last edited:
I think that GM has always depended upon the ignorance of their customers. So, many buyers also won't notice* that this truck's chassis appears to be the same that the Hummer EV is built on. You know that GM still expects their Hummer customers to pay two to three times the price for slight differences in bodywork and features. *(or they will notice, and flock to buy the GMC at a discount to the Hummer. Win-win.)

Looking forward to the Cadillac models being introduced as GM models with slight sheet metal changes, less chrome, and fewer buttons. 🤷‍♂️

This has been business as usual for GM for decades,... and for the U.S. customer base forever. Maybe it is due to too much Fluoride in the water? 🤔
What does that have to do with ignorance? Are Tesla model S Plaid customers ignorant? I mean GM might have ignorant customers but then again every car company out there brands luxury products based on the same chassis as the lower priced vehicles, from Toyota/Lexus to VW/Audi. GM is smart to have done this to such an extent. Good on them, some extra profit from people that can obviously afford to help pay for the transition. FYI, I have seen 1 in Haymarket VA. I don't get the attraction.

Denigrating GM customers (and by extension GM) when in fact GM has pulled off such a pricing power move (and profit creating move) is not good basis for evaluating stocks. Especially when to some extent Tesla is doing the exact same thing.

Reactions: Skryll
And just like that, it got blown away, I thought I need to wait a few months for reality to show this is a nothingburger, I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long:

What does that have to do with ignorance? Are Tesla model S Plaid customers ignorant? I mean GM might have ignorant customers but then again every car company out there brands luxury products based on the same chassis as the lower priced vehicles, from Toyota/Lexus to VW/Audi. GM is smart to have done this to such an extent. Good on them, some extra profit from people that can obviously afford to help pay for the transition. FYI, I have seen 1 in Haymarket VA. I don't get the attraction.

Denigrating GM customers (and by extension GM) when in fact GM has pulled off such a pricing power move (and profit creating move) is not good basis for evaluating stocks. Especially when to some extent Tesla is doing the exact same thing.
The difference is that the original Hummer (before GM) was really heavy duty with a lot of cool features. GM turned the Hummer into a kit car. As you say, most other luxury/premium cars are built on the same chassis as others and everyone knows, or should know, this. GM was selling the Hummer as a Hummer, meaning special.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that troll farms are up and operating 24/7 and love to regurgitate the at this point decade long established FUD for BEVs. Most of those comments that you read on boards are exactly that. I saw demos five years ago where AI text was indistinguishable from people on a message board, and I don’t believe they have mothballed the technology.

Had the misfortune of hearing Mary the GM lady on Bloomberg radio this AM. If anyone believes that they should have a CEO like that running their investment then please, step up to the plate and fill your bags with GM shares immediately. I personally find her revolting. You could say she utters half truths to highlight her company in the best light, but I prefer the term “lies”. It is exactly this type of trash that EM wants nothing to do with hence his extreme aversion to advertising which I personally find one of the best things about EM and my investment in TSLA.