Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The NASDAQ hit 9700 in feb 2020, and is 10500 now. Inflation since then has been 14.5% so that is a 5% loss in real inflation adjusted terms since that peak.

The Nasdaq peaked at ~16,000 roughly a year ago, that’s a drop of 35% in nominal terms and ~40% in real inflation adjusted terms.
Which index are you looking at? My reference - here: https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/total-returns - shows the NSDQ Composite right now at 13700, up 22.2% over the past 12 months, and the NSDQ-100 up 27.5%.

Reactions: capster
I am a man of my word. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth....

hotdog.jpg

What I am seeing today in some disbelief is this administration’s own Fed Chair giving all his support to mobilizing a Red Wave of voters that care more about their jobs and savings than they care about pronouns while the Dems are at the other end of the hall throwing everything they can think of to stop it. Literally their own appointee is sinking all of their midterm hopes with every sentence he mutters. Thus I am interested in TMC’s opinions whether today’s Fed move has a deeper implication that justifies the old saying that Wall Street is happiest when there is no overwhelming majority control of DC so they can make money while we are all seeing gridlock and a justification for no ability to change?
Amazing how Powell is single handedly making the reds win.

If retirees still have a significant portion of their portfolios in the market, then that's the risk they take. If you're not shifting your egg to bonds by then, you're asking for trouble.
Old saying is to match short term assets to short term needs and long term asserts to long term needs. So have some CDs or similar to pay the mortgage and stocks to pay for retirement.

Collectively the FOMC put into writing a slightly more dovish stance than previously held. Then with spoken words the Fed chairman tried to somewhat walk that back by emphasizing the need to keep fighting inflation. I see that as the type of Fedspeak known as "Moral Suasion", aka Jawboning, which Fed officials see as part of their mandate. Their ideal would be to cool expectations of inflation, which if not cooled could exacerbate inflation. I see that as the Fed chairman's intention during his news conference.

In reality, I suspect that internally the Fed chairman’s outlook is not so hawkish. I would not be surprised if the FOMC's interest rate targets start to slow and reverse sooner than the Fed chairman’s words may have suggested. In any event, the market took his spoken words as negatives.

agreed except i’d just call it what it is, market manipulation.

Thanks for the insight. I believe it's called victim mentality and there's not a simple fix.

"A victim mentality is where you often feel like a victim, even when the evidence says otherwise. Signs include frequently blaming others and having trouble accepting personal responsibility."

BTW, It was great meeting you @StealthP3D and the others as well!
on that note, do you happen to know if ‘victim mentality’ contains a phase or step where all the person does is bitch about what an idiot elon is? and how if it were them, they’d do so much better?

or is that a different syndrome?

just trying to inventory all this - thanks!

Boom Headshot!!!

EU approves effective ban on new fossil fuel cars from 2035​

Interesting infographics for Apple, Tesla from…

Please comment / notice Cost of Revenue and

View attachment 870417

View attachment 870418

Great charts (note the Tesla one is most recent quarter, while Apple's is most recent year).

Elon has noted this as well, but I am always impressed by how much Tesla does with such a small comparative R&D budget. Those charts show Tesla R&D budget to be 3.4% of revenue vs Apple's 7% for example.

What I am seeing today in some disbelief is this administration’s own Fed Chair giving all his support to mobilizing a Red Wave of voters that care more about their jobs and savings than they care about pronouns while the Dems are at the other end of the hall throwing everything they can think of to stop it. Literally their own appointee is sinking all of their midterm hopes with every sentence he mutters.
Back when he was still on this forum, factchecking told us that Powell would use his position to sabotage the administration.

Last edited:
The other day we saw news that forest clearing has begun at gigaberlin for expansion.

Question: can anyone shed light on what the expansion is? Is it for support buildings for the existing model y factory & cell factory, or is this for an entire new vehicle assembly building?