Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Elon say something bad? lol

Here is Elon's tweet.

So much for the Twitter overhang disappearing. Implication is Twitter is losing so much money that Elon will have to sell TSLA shares to keep Twitter afloat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-094849_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-094849_Twitter.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 175
An audience member asked why anyone should invest in Tesla when Mercedes who are now making EVs trade at 6x sales while Tesla is 70X sales.

Elon's answer was along the line of

1. I never try to convince anyone to invest into Tesla
2. I have been saying stock is too high but people ignores me and buy Tesla anyways for whatever reason.
3. Then talks about autonomy+optimus being the driver for future valuations

Market may have an reaction to what Elon said here as the stock went straight line down more than macro.

Quite a different take from Elon now vs at the annual shareholder meeting.

On the 40,000 a week number Ron brought up, Elon reminded him that he can't discuss NPMI, and said in the past he said that was the goal. So Elon seemed to be very guarded with his comments.

That might be because Ron has information internal to Tesla which most people do not, so Elon may have been more careful than usual trying to avoid any conflicts of interest.

I will live post any new information.

He looks very tired.
I concur, but he said he just got off a redeye and didn't get any sleep. Must have missed the makeup lady too.

Other than announcing Tesla is going to get into mining itself rather than purchasing another company, I didn't hear much new. Did think it was rather interesting that Ron Baron (who seemed really excited to be interviewing Elon) referred to Tesla and SpaceX as if he or the fund owned them, which I guess they (and we) do, at least a little.

What is Leo's point of deploying umbrella

I think he means "beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

Or, "don't bet money you might need soon." Something like that.