Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CCS is ISO 15118 which NACS works with "The North American Charging Standard is compatible with 'plug and charge' as defined in ISO-15118."
NACS also calls out compatibilty with the lower level Annex A of IEC 61851-1 protocol.
Tesla should send an intern to sit down with Aptera to form a “International Open Charging Industry Consortium” and release the SuperCharger plug as an open industry standard.

Elon should also grant this intern a special pass to create acronyms as cryptic as possible.

Only this way others could possibly consider to join force.(or give in)

/s

Serious note: Hope Tesla charges “over stay” fees by minutes for any car not able to charge 80% within 45min.

When there is blood in the water, I tend to keep out of my brokerage account so I don't get too depressed. I popped in today to transfer some cash into my IRA and I noticed I had somehow left a decent chunk of cash in my account un-invested. Made me doubly happy because it meant some of my funds hadn't gotten slaughtered by the recent downturn and also...

Managed to pick up a few 2024 LEAPs today while SP was near the low. A bit of luck there. Now we just need the damned SP to recover. Crossing my fingers Q4 will at least bring us back to the six month high.

FYI - an Important part of this weeks Macro actIon has been the sell off in the US dollar. This is good news for US companies with significant share of their revenue from global sales, especially if the downtrend continues.

The DXY is the ticker you want to follow (which is the US dollar vs a basket of international currencies)

9F9B70E4-AC7D-4AE7-B87A-5D93602AA4B2.jpeg

So... F5s for F4s?
On this afternoon's Tesla Daily, Rob discussed a quote from Elon earlier that said "the reason that I *sold* Tesla stock was to..." (insert something we can't talk about on this thread here).

Given that it's past tense, and not "selling", I think that confirms that Elon is done selling.

On this afternoon's Tesla Daily, Rob discussed a quote from Elon earlier that said "the reason that I *sold* Tesla stock was to..." (insert something we can't talk about on this thread here).

Given that it's past tense, and not "selling", I think that confirms that Elon is done selling.
That quote is from Thursday though? Which allows 'sold' to apply to Wendsday...

Am I the only one that thinks it’s completely idiotic that we can’t mention something that’s effecting the short term and may effect the longterm impacts on TSLA in a TSLA investor thread?!

Last edited:
You can mention it as many times as you want. In fact, it's an important enough topic that there's a thread dedicated to it.
No kidding!

Let’s make a separate thread for everything to do with TSLA investing and just abolish this thread if that’s your logic.

I for one prefer a main go to thread that is a general thread to do with TSLA. It’s way easier to keep up on different topics that effect TSLA.

No kidding!

Let’s make a separate thread for everything to do with TSLA investing and just abolish this thread if that’s your logic.

I for one prefer a main go to thread that is a general thread to do with TSLA. It’s was easier to keep up to date in what’s related to investing in TSLA.
You mean like almost every other message board on the internet? Count me in.

I guess projects were canceled due to understaffing? There are more than 100 jobs listed on that link, maybe 200+.

Well good news is people are applying for jobs again. In 2021 our single receptionist job had a very low 15 applicants which was way below expectations. This week the same job posting saw 130 applicants which is crazy.

Hope everyone is feeling better today compared to 48 hours ago.

Here is a quick video of my recent drive with FSD 10.69.2.4 on a country road completely covered in snow. The video is running at 2x speed but I was shocked how the car managed to navigate this road. As you can see the there was some jerkiness as it's trying to determine where the edges are. Nevertheless there was no disengagement or intervention in this clip.

18 seconds: sharp right turn
35 seconds: sharp left turn
50 seconds: sharp right turn

One of the doubts about autonomous vehicles is that it wouldn't work when the road is covered in snow. Here is proof that even at its current iteration, FSD can work (sometimes).

That said, FSD still struggles on major routes (3 lanes) and it would try to go into the next lane for no reason when the road is covered in snow.

It's important to distinguish between the physical standard and access to the Supercharger Network. They are two different things, and one is not required for the other (thus Tesla talking about adapters available at Superchargers). It's also possible that a manufacturer could adopt the Tesla Standard but not have a charging agreement with Tesla which would mean those cars could plug into a Supercharger, but nothing would happen.
The way to do it is that Tesla makes customers download an App, like Tesla app. There they add a credit card. Then when they want to charge they plug in the car, scan the QR-code on the supercharger and the app takes care of the rest. Car companies can do this for the customer, but let's face it, they won't for a long time. Making this app, having credit cards etc takes good engineers and they need the few good engineers they have for other things than giving Tesla free PR.