Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way to do it is that Tesla makes customers download an App, like Tesla app. There they add a credit card. Then when they want to charge they plug in the car, scan the QR-code on the supercharger and the app takes care of the rest. Car companies can do this for the customer, but let's face it, they won't for a long time. Making this app, having credit cards etc takes good engineers and they need the few good engineers they have for other things than giving Tesla free PR.
And from what I gather (or maybe assume) the existing V2 and V3 superchargers won’t be modified as they don’t meet the specs of the US govt program that is funding this. It will be unique to new V4 installations, which apparently are compliant….I think…sort of. 😳

LOL RSS 4 WIN:

Musk Elon (0001494730) | data.sec.gov

Cheers!

Knowing EDGAR isn't taking submissions due to it being a federal holiday today FTW :)

SEC said:
The EDGAR system will not receive, process, or accept filings in observance of the following federal holidays. The SEC mailroom that receives paper filings will also be closed. However, EDGAR filings that have already been posted to the website will be accessible as usual.

Holiday Date
Veterans Day Friday, November 11, 2022

Maybe Tesla's solar projects cancellation has something to do with this?

Edit:

Better article

These changes are two-fold. For grid-only solar, they suck. For powerwall-enabled ones they don't matter too much, as the system tries to maximize self-consumption. As an individual, powerwall supporting/selling to the grid - sucks, as you're not getting much credit for that. BUT, as a [virtual] utility - a whole another matter, as you can sell at peak rates. So it is inconclusive, probably warrants a question at the next earnings call as to rationalle.

um...my machine reading skills aint what they used to be...what does that gibberish say?

Nothing useful.

It's an RSS feed listing Elons filings from 11-8-22 back to 12-28-21, none of which are new because again the system that accepts new filings is closed today for a federal holiday

No Form 4s filed for Wed or later yet.

Or at all today regardless of if they exist or not. See above.

If Elon did sell in the last few days we won't know until early Monday soonest.

The way to do it is that Tesla makes customers download an App, like Tesla app. There they add a credit card. Then when they want to charge they plug in the car, scan the QR-code on the supercharger and the app takes care of the rest. Car companies can do this for the customer, but let's face it, they won't for a long time. Making this app, having credit cards etc takes good engineers and they need the few good engineers they have for other things than giving Tesla free PR.
or an app with payments already built in

My weekend is already made...

All cars! All cars! All cars! W00t!
I have some acquaintances who keep claiming that as soon as big auto sees Tesla as a threat, they will start cranking out EVs and crush them. Year after year, it's the same nonsense.

I suspect they will continue claiming as much until GM and Ford actually file for bankruptcy.

I have some acquaintances who keep claiming that as soon as big auto sees Tesla as a threat, they will start cranking out EVs and crush them. Year after year, it's the same nonsense.

I suspect they will continue claiming as much until GM and Ford actually file for bankruptcy.
They said that for the Leaf, the VW claims in 2013 and the Bolt. It's been 10 years.

I hope Tesla has a competitor one day, that is part of the mission.

I still have many thousands of shares of TSLA that I bought way back in 2012, so I am still in pretty good shape. I have never sold a single share and have been adding as recent as last week. Normally when Elon has been on a twitter, or otherwise tirade, that offends some people, I just ignored it and tell myself "you take the bad with the good, and overall the good has been better than the bad". But this last two weeks, I have begun to feel that Elon's actions really are damaging the brand. In the last two weeks, I have one friend who sold her 2014 Model S. She said the comments about Paul Pelosi pushed her over the edge. Then I had two friends cancel their Model Y orders. Today, Tesla called my sister to let her know her Model Y was finally available, she cancelled. Her reason was the meme Elon put on twitter of Kanye, Trump, and Elon with swords and some Three Musketeers comment (I actually have not seen it). My sister is Jewish and she told me many of her Jewish friends felt offended.

Anyway, I really do finally feel annoyed and concerned about Elon's behavior. I am holding my TSLA as I think (hope) this will blow over but I do wish that I had sold out when my TSLA was worth several million $$ more than it is worth today. Just sayin', me, Tesla fanatic with many, many referals, holding since 2012, even I am getting really tired of these tangents that Elon goes on.