Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been aiming to release FSD for half a decade...
And they actually have done it to some extent. My car drove me from my house into my office parking lot.
Besides wtf does FSD have to do with my statement on vehicle production goals by GM? They state they will have a run rate of 1M not produce that

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Did you notice that Gywnne Shotwell has taken over operations at Starbase / Boca Chica, Texas? Elon's got great lieutenants now in all his businesses, simply because he's been CEO for so long.

When Elon has righted the ship at Twitter, he'll pass over management to a business type, and just check on progress for the goals he's setting down right now. That's how he roll. ;)

Cheers!
Indeed. People greatly under-estimate how effective Musk's management team is.

Musk almost certainly still participates in weekly meetings for Starship, Cybertruck, Semi, etc. If there is a logjam he is available to unstick it. But if there isn't a logjam, he's working on Twitter.

I know this wont sit well with many and I might get laughed at but Ive had enough of Musk's behavior lately but in no way shape or form want to leave the organization as a customer or shareholder. I created a subreddit where we can start discussing a new CEO and how investors can have a voice getting it there. Feel free to join if you have any interest in this topic. r/NoMoreMusk
I hear Diess is looking for work. /s

More seriously, Tesla already has great people doing most of the day-to-day leadership at Tesla. It's going to be hard getting the board and major shareholders interested in overturning a CEO who is on track to post 48% growth in 2022.

I would say Good Luck with that. But that would imply I hope you are successful.

I know this wont sit well with many and I might get laughed at but Ive had enough of Musk's behavior lately but in no way shape or form want to leave the organization as a customer or shareholder. I created a where we can start discussing a new CEO and how investors can have a voice getting it there. Feel free to join if you have any interest in this topic. Mod: removed link, violation of TOS
Mary, is that you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Tesla didn't command massive margins and was producing the same number of cars, they have a big tech edge. The experiential differences are huge.

People want to boil cars down to 2-3 specs and leave it at that, but the experience of owning a car isn't just about a couple specs.

Simple things like faster charging combined with more efficient cars which results in shorter charging stops. Smart routing that accounts for charger locations... List of things which are not expressed in simple specs is huge. And people notice them. Or at least they notice the lack when they switch brands.
Just walking to or from my car without farting around unlocking it or locking it up is part of that experience. Owners of other vehicles with key fobs still have to proactively lock the car back up when departing the car.

A thought:
I've made more money from Musk's doings than I've lost from Musk's doings.
Am I right or wrong?
I can't answer that question for you, that's between you and your brokerage.

But I will say it is exceptionally hard to prove there is any long term negative impact of Musk's actions on the stock price.

I know this wont sit well with many and I might get laughed at but Ive had enough of Musk's behavior lately but in no way shape or form want to leave the organization as a customer or shareholder. I created a subreddit where we can start discussing a new CEO and how investors can have a voice getting it there. Feel free to join if you have any interest in this topic. Mod: removed link, violation of TOS
easier to just sell your shares ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just walking to or from my car without farting around unlocking it or locking it up is part of that experience. Owners of other vehicles with key fobs still have to proactively lock the car back up when departing the car.
I'd originally listed a lot of convenience features like this in my post, but decided to just keep it simple.

But since you mention it, yes. A friend was driving my Tesla after dropping me off. "How do I shut it off?" Me: "Just get out of it." You don't even need to put it in park, if the car is stopped and you open the door, it puts the car in park and when you walk away it shuts down. Likewise "Starting it", Locking it, Rolling up the Windows when you leave. Not having to deal with the infotainment system "Booting Up". Connecting your phone. Figuring out who is driving and setting the seats up. Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Camp Mode, Remote Camera, Netflix while charging. Detecting when people are sitting in a seat and only turning on seat heaters if they are occupied. Etc etc. Just so many little things. The car fixing/ improving features on a monthly basis (sometimes more often).

The media rag idiots quote range and acceleration as if they define the vehicle (though Tesla often rules there too), slightly less daft idiot also talks about charging speed and the Supercharger network. But it's really the whole enchilada. The reason Tesla loyalty is so strong isn't that simple.

Last edited:
A thought:
I've made more money from Musk's doings than I've lost from Musk's doings.
Am I right or wrong?
No. You arent. We both have. He served his purpose. I want Tesla to be a 2 - 4 trillion dollar company. Musk was the guy to get us to 1 but Apple would have never gotten to 2 if Tim Cook had been inserting himself into politics and pissing people off all the time.

I have to press a button on my door handles to lock/unlock the car. Oh no!

Walk-away lock options are becoming normal on cars with passive entry systems.

I have to press a button on my door handles to lock/unlock the car. Oh no!

Walk-away lock options are becoming normal on cars with passive entry systems.
Lots of small conveniences add up to a great experience. I won't go back to a car with a key fob, whether it's passive or not. Phone key or I'm out!

Don't believe this has been discussed yet. Model 3 has been given a 5-star Green NCAP Rating. This looks at vehicle pollution levels on the highway as well as efficiency.